>>>>

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Jamestown Landing at VQF 2015!


20150626_141624
How much fun can taking a workshop at the Vermont Quilt Festival be?

As fun as you make it!

And I love it when mothers and daughters, or sisters, or long time friends come TOGETHER to make some precious memories.

Take a look at this photo…do you see ME on the cell phone taking this photo?

How funny!

You girls brought so much joy to my day yesterday!

It was a Jamestown Landing day ---and before the class even started, I have a visit from a special friend:

 20150626_082514

Me & Mary!

This is Mary Tosch, the infamous Mary of Mary’s Beaded Stilettos –one of the most popular tutorials on my blog!  She is also the Mary who first told me about the Scotch restickable mounting strips and how well they worked for a seam guide marker. 

We bump into each other from time to time, and it is always great to see her smiling face ((and new purple glasses!))

Lookin’ good, girl!

I also have to thank Linda Bee for the donation of neutral strings to our workshop day!

20150626_090245

Holy moly mother load of neutral shirt strings!

20150626_085553

Dig in there, girls!!

It was just an incredibly fun day – string blocks in the morning, half square triangles for broken dishes units in the afternoon that became our two varieties of stars, light stars in a dark octagon, and dark stars in a light octagon if you turn the units around.

20150626_144532

Loads of units, chains of triangles, and lots of progress!

20150626_144704

Hold em high and show your stuff!

And then to top it all off, we had a student come in with a completed mini top!  Check this out!

20150626_123519

SO SWEET!!

20150626_134054

Against the big one for comparison!

Oh you ladies, you just blow me away!

Click the image below if you are unable to view our slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Jamestown Landing, VQF 2015


You'll find the pattern for Jamestown Landing in my book String Fling!  Signed copies are available in my Quiltville's Store HERE.

Big day ahead for me!

Sister’s Choice is up on deck for our workshop day – and then it is straight over to the expo center to set up for tonight’s lecture which is followed by show and share and other activities – it’s going to be a long and full, and definitely exciting day in the land of the Vermont Quilt Festival.

have an awesome Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful workshop. I learned a lot of new techniques. Bonnie is a great teacher - if you can - take a class with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun I wish I was there!!!
    nanny_of_phillip@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take so many photos, you could use a selfie stick. They have ones with a remote shutter clicker you keep in your pocket. I think you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamestown Landing: I've go to make me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a fun, productive, and educational day! Thanks so much Bonnie, you are a wonderful educator, and you certainly know your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mini just blows me away! I love that you got a picture of it in front of the big original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the mini Jamestown Landing Quilt especially displayed w/ the true size one! Actually, Bonnie I saved your post from yesterday to read as a special treat today. Such a wonderful treat to read and see today! Thank you so much for including me in all your workshops and travels via the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to see Rising Star Quilters in Bonnie's post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time did not allow for us to take workshops but we were front and center for your lecture. An incredible evening with lots of laughter and getting to see your amazing quilts in person. I know I will be using your scrap saving techniques. Thank you for a great evening.
    Mary Ann
    Quilter_mar@email.msn.com

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)