It’s occurred to me that I haven’t posted any recipes in a while!
I also don’t know how long I’ll be without being able to post anything on this cruise. I have NO idea if/where I’ll have wifi or not. I know it can be really expensive on the ship ((Don’t they nail you for EVERYTHING!!?)) so this is another one of those posts I've set to release while I’m gone so you don’t have an abandoned blog to turn to while Lori and I are off with the quilt cruisers having the time of our lives. ((Aren’t I terrible for rubbing that in?!))
If you haven't heard from us yet...it's because we can't get reasonable connection!
You have GOT to try this pie. It is the yummiest thing ever, and just right for Labor Day festivities coming up…what is better for summer than S’mores, and put it in pie? Awesome!
Gooey Chocolate S’more Pie
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 graham cracker crumb crust, baked
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz. good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- pinch salt
- 2-3 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and pour it over the chocolate. Let sit a few minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the egg, sugar and salt. Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until filling is softly set but still trembles slightly in the middle when you gently shake it. If it starts to darken around the edges, loosely cover the edge of the pie with a pie shield or foil.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Keep the pie shield or foil in place — it’ll come in handy when it goes under the broiler.
- Pile the marshmallows on top of the cooled filling and preheat the broiler.
- Broil the pie for a minute (it browns quickly, so check it after 30 seconds) until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife dipped in hot water, then wiped dry (do this before you cut each slice).
You won’t believe how yummy and easy this is!