>>>>

Friday, September 28, 2018

Of Dentists and Downtown Antiquing Digs -

20180926_172643

What’s a girl to do when she walks into the antique mall after extensive dental work – the entire right side of her face numb from eyebrow to chin, and tongue feeling like it is too big to even close her teeth around it?

Not feeling like I wanted to drive home just yet – I decided to wander the antique mall where I wouldn’t have to talk to anyone and sound like my tongue had been stung by a bee.

I wasn’t there 5 minutes – I swear! 

And I saw this canvas of an applique quilt painting against the wall.  It’s huge – about 5 ft square, and I looked at the price.

40 BUCKS!?

And I knew.  Well, I hoped I knew – just where this would go.  The landing at Quiltville Inn!


20180926_173618

It’s a beauty, all right!

It didn’t take much TLC – just a damp rag to get the dust off the surface and the spiderwebs from the back side.  And a bit of furniture refinisher stuff on a soft cloth to spruce up the oak frame.

20180926_174814

I love the crackle of the surface!

It’s not a “painting” but rather a printed on canvas art that was likely mass produced just as the Thomas Kinkade “paintings” that were more print than actual paint.

But I love it in all it’s folksy-ness – and guess what?  I didn’t even have to hammer a nail into the wall!

20180926_174743

Could this be more perfect?

I was originally thinking of hanging a quilt here, but worried about it getting pulled, catching on luggage as things were brought to upstairs bedrooms – or just getting dirty from guest traffic and the touching of hands.  (Oh, come on – you know you are going to touch the quilts!  We can’t help ourselves!)

Hanging something like this had never crossed my mind.  I am so happy for that wander!

20180926_181113

I love it!

(Peek into the upstairs front bath with hexagon tiles on the floor.)

However, I do not like this 1970’s pendant lamp! LOL!  I’m looking for something else – if I search I will find!

20180926_173708

Another chair addition was also found – $45.00.

It sits comfy and I couldn’t leave it behind.  It’s now in the den with the others:

20180926_174216

Wouldn’t you like to come sit a spell??

20180926_151753

This china hutch also caught my eye.

Is it large enough?

I think so – I may be going back for it -

It’s got the 4 sides of glass and loads of visibility the way I want it – but no glass shelves – sturdy wood, and no mirror on the back panel either.

I can’t get this one out of my mind --  I could get all of Carrie’s Magnolia china out of the boxes and up on to shelves.

20180926_152324

And the weird thing of the day?

A parking meter?

Wouldn’t this be funny outside of the Quiltville Post Office?? LOL!

20180926_152329

Do you think anyone would be silly enough to put in quarters?

20180926_122955

My life is full of endless adventure, I tell you!

I am aware that it’s been a while since we’ve done a Quilt-Cam – my head and heart have just been spinning over the past 8 weeks or so.

I was talking with HollyAnne of String & Story yesterday and we would love to do a joint venture again especially as Mystery Season draws closer.  How about a chat about choosing color, watching for values, etc?  It just might be helpful if you decide you want to change the colors I am using for this year’s Quiltville Mystery to something else.

We are working out details, and I’ll let you know.

We will get back into the swing of things – one step at a time.

IMG_20180928_075356_133

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Look for the little things that bring a smile to your heart today. If you search, you'll find!

Happy Friday, folks!



40 comments:

  1. Love the polka dot chair! Glad to see you are getting back into the swing of things, but I am also glad that you have taken a little time to pamper yourself. We all need recovery time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt Cam with HollyAnne would be great! She wrote a blog about picking colors for her EnProvence and It helped me with color choice as I am always a bit unsure putting colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Huntington print is just meant to be!! Isn’t it exciting how some things just fall into place? You didn’t even know you were looking for it! I really like that cabinet! I am sure you could use it for other things if the china didn’t fit. Quote of the day is great! There’s always something to be happy about!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love following your antiquing adventures. A joint quilt cam with HollyAnne would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your latest finds, parking meter would be fun, am sure you could be the meter maid

    ReplyDelete
  6. That print is just right for that space! Hope your mouth feels better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent many hours treadling and catching up with old quilt cams.......back from the beginning....when I first discovered you after I moved to Minnesota. All things will come back in good time- in the meantime love watching Quiltville Inn grow and be filled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quiltville Inn gives me visions of coming home, a familiar cozy home, with all the things I remember from childhood. I may never get there, but your stories and pictures make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it and I actually d9nt mind the pendant light either! Fits the antique feel! I also love the cabinet! Things are coming together nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the print...and what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are getting things that are going to keep the Inn buzzing with Quilters. Yes, I would want to touch the quilt. Grateful finds! Mona, the meter maid, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You find the best stuff! The print is awesome, great inspiration! And the parking meter... could have funny signs...like make time for quilting, etc. And the china cabinet … if you find the right one, except it has glass shelves.. couldn't those be replaced with wood? sew fun watching the inn come together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited on what you have accomplished at Quiltville Inn and just as excited to be able to visit when you open up reservations!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the print and the spot is perfect. Definitely need a new fixture. Something to look for when you go back for the cabinet. You are definitely having fun decorating. I hope to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delightful find. Or did it find you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That print is perfect! Other art to consider for high traffic areas would be barn quilt blocks or floor clothes painted with a quilt block or tile design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is coming together beautifully at the Inn.. I love your find, Bonnie!
    Was just thinking about quiltcam! Been missing it! 💋

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Inn keeps getting more and more beautiful and comfortable. I am so looking forward to visiting someday. I love the cabinet. It will show your Magnolia China so much better than their boxes! :) Looking forward to your quiltcam.

    Oh my....those eight weeks must seem like forever ago AND just yesterday. I keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Thanks for all you continue to do. You Rock!! Fondly, Loretta McGinn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I guess we have all missed you and QuiltCam. I am glad to see it will be coming soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would say that print is perfect and it must be one of those things that was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that print is just perfect. I think it even looks like its been there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. While appliqué isn't your thing, that print would be wonderful to pattern, either as individual blocks or a complete set with The floral borders.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great dental chair picture. Speaks volumes. Wish I had seen that wonderful wooden quilt print. It looks perfect in that space. Looking forward to this year's mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are days when things are just meant to be. And only $40!
    I think you should put the parking meter in front of the post office, you could pick a charity for any money to go to.
    Hearts take time to heal, I am glad you letting yours mend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing Quiltville Inn, I love to see all you are doing to that beautiful home. You are doing a wonderful job in decoration and furnishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We have weird parking meters in town and They are painted different colours to represent different causes. Money goes to the cause e.g..pink for breast cancer, teal for prostate cancer etc. They have to empty them almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You make my day!!! Thanks from St. Paul Minnesota, where the women are strong, and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the new wall hanging! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a nice hanging lamp!!! Would you sell it? I collect slag glass hanging lamps. What would you replace that with>>

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the serendipitous findings for the Inn......Just wish it was out here in Eastern Oregon where the scenery is also magnificent....but open! have a couple of incredible Victorians for sale in our town!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That print is amazing! Don't you wonder where it hung before it came to the antique store, what its history is? Obviously it was just waiting for you and its new home at Quiltville..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. For forty bucks you couldn't go wrong. It's looks absolutely gorgeous up on the wall. Glad you were to clean it up before you hung it. Plus we like how big it is. Have a great rest of your weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  33. That print is perfect! and you had the perfect spot for it - love how things serendipitously come together. It looks awesome. I love the assortment of chairs in the den. And I think you should go back for the china cabinet - too nice to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE it -- perfect for the space just as you said. And that hutch seems also to be the perfect cabinet after seeing all the others from your previous post and the reasons you said each of them were not quite "it"! Love seeing all of this come together.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Muy buena compra me encanta.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love to watch a Quilt Cam with you a nd HollieAnne

    ReplyDelete
  37. you are the best and your life is bless,

    ReplyDelete
  38. Bonnie: Great finds,chair & hanging. When will Quiltville open? Are you going to host retreats? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have missed you, hope you are well. You are so right about an adventurous life. Thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)