>>>>

Saturday, September 29, 2018

I’m a Winner, You’re a Winner–YAY!

 have drawn the winners of our September Quilty Box and Quilty Box mini!

And there is more on that below – but I have been neglectful in something – I’ve heard from many of you with congratulations upon my being chosen as winner of not just one, but TWO categories in the National Quilters Circle Blogger Awards! (Best Quilting Patterns Blog and Best Overall Quilting Blog).

The announcement came September 6th – just 3 days after my brother Mark passed away, and I was reeling and making family plans to get to Arizona, to order flowers, to take care of this and that – and acknowledging awards just went on the way back shelf.

I’m grateful!  I appreciate your nominations and votes – but most of all for following me here through it all.


NQC logos-01

YOU did this for me – Thank you!

I’m looking forward to enjoying my National Quilter’s Circle membership where I can view videos and other tutorials – there is much to discover on their website.

And THIS will be coming my way:
tshirt
Oh yeah – this is absolutely NO KIDDING!

(and you can order one too HERE)

I have some interview questions to send in to them – and some photos – I hope to get caught up on that today.


And now it’s time to reveal the two winners of this month’s Quilty Box!

1015_2

In search of entry 1015 of 4411!

1015_1

Diana Simpson!!


Diana, this full sized Quilty Box will be coming your way when you reply to the email I sent you providing me your mailing address so that I can pass it on to the kind folks at Quilty Box.  Congrats!


And the September Quilty Box Mini is going to:

3628_2

Entry 3628!

3628_1

Congrats, Cynthia Strong!

Cynthia, I’ve also sent you an email!  Please reply to it with your mailing address so the folks at Quilty Box can ship your goodies off to you ASAP.

Thanks, Ladies!  And there will be another Quilty Box Gift-Away coming up in just a few weeks!

20180928_180724

There has been a load of productivity going on behind the scenes!

And it will continue today.  I’m headed home tomorrow – and as we turn the calendar page into October 2018, that Halloween deadline for our Quiltville Mystery introduction looms ever closer! I am doing the best I can to quell the panic mode!

If you are missing the real quilting content on this blog and in my social media feeds this is why – SO VERY MYSTERIOUS behind the scenes!

IMG_20180929_080819_735000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day.

And yes, I am fighting some of this myself.

This is something my dad keeps reminding me.

And he's so right! Lighten up - with yourself, and with others!

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone.  It’s the last Saturday we’ll see in September 2018!





21 comments:

  1. Your quote is such good advice. When I was a newly minted boss and would get so upset with people my mom would listen to me complain about how people just weren't "living up to their abilities". She wisely told me to lighten up. I replied that I never asked anything of anyone I wasn't willing to do, and then she mentioned that maybe I should lighten up a little on myself too. Hard to hear, even harder to do sometimes. Over time, I've gotten better at extending grace, even to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Bonnie! Well deserved! SEW happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Quiltvillians already knew you are the BEST!! Black and white photos are great. Summer, my favorite Season is gone in the PNW.
    Taking a weekend off, going to a Mariner's Baseball game. Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning your awards. If there was a "Building a Positive Attitude" you would win that too. Your words are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for being so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Bonnie on your well deserved awards, you are such a star and so giving of your time and extraordinary skills. Also congratulations to Diana and Cynthia on your quilty box wins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Bonnie! Thanks for all you do for quilters and quilting. Congratulations to the Quilty Box winners too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add my congratulations also... hope at least you are having fun... as you do the mystery quilt.. not stressing. Hugs, how is the extended family doing? Hope all are well. Fall is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sleeping under 2 quilts in Hopkins/Minnetonka this week and loving it!! Eager for more black and white photos.....and digging colors from the stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one deserves these awards more than you Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the Quilty Box winners, and to you Bonnie! You are the best! I know I am anxiously waiting the beginning of the new mystery But until then, I have plenty of clean up to do in the garden and yards to get ready for winter. And of course picking lingonberries now that we have had our first frost. I just want to get it done before the first snow. And then can really turn my attention to sewing and quilting.

    I MUST Order one of those T-Shirts!

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK
    Where Fall is definitely in the air now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love you!!!!! So glad that you received the award. You deserve it. Thank-you so much for all your work you do for us. Looking forward to this Mystery Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! Three cheers (and more!) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! These are well deserved awards! You work very hard and deserved to be recognized. Thank you for all you do!! I think we all need to be a little lighter on each other and ourselves at times. Love this quote! MY mom always told me " If you expect nothing then everything is a bonus!" Love the tee shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A well deserved win Bonnie, many congratulations. And congrats also to the two quilty box winners.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doesn't surprise me one bit that you've won these awards, Bonnie. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Bonnie, A well Deserved Award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your Blogger Award! Of course, I have always thought of you as a winner, so it really came as no surprise!

    I have been thinking about you daily. I'm using your formula for cutting my scraps into usable shapes and sizes! If you knew me, you would be surprised at the progress I have been making! And...I am having fun with it. I am imagining all the wonderful things I can make with my new found tools! (the cut up fabrics) Quite a bit of this fabric is from thrift store scores and the free table at the guild. I have found some pretty ugly fabric and think to myself, this will be beautiful once it's sewn into a quilt! Thank you again for all your tips and knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, Bonnie! Your blog is the only one I regularly read!! BTW, will he price be going up on the blog, now that you are famous?? ;~))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Well-deserved for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Bonnie! You sure deserve it for all you do for us quilters. I can't wait to see the colors for this year's mystery.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)