>>>>

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Taking a Hike–Missouri Style!

20150923_164257
Days have been insanely busy this trip.

There hasn’t been a lot of time to even see the nature around the area, except from behind the steering wheel when I was going from one town to meet up with the next.

No time to pack a picnic and enjoy the grass.

Not even time for an antique mall trip – maybe I’ll be able to sneak that in when I hit St Louis.  Sunday is a lecture day and there should be time to explore a bit when that is over.

When Machell asked me if I wanted to join her on a hike through the Springfield Nature Center after class yesterday, I gave it an ABSOLUTE YES!

Get me out of the classroom, out of the hotel room and out amongst the last of end-of-summer days.

You would never guess that this much beauty was found not far from the major areas of town, what a hidden gem!

 20150923_162740

Groomed sandy trails through wooded surroundings.

20150923_163341

Boardwalks curve over marshy areas.

20150923_163507

Babbling creeks!

20150923_164307

I so love water reflections!

This is my favorite photo of our hike.

20150923_164811

See the bridge cross the stream?

20150923_170428

Do you see what I see??

20150923_170433

Doe, A Deer, A Female Deer!

20150923_170525

And her baby! Just out of spots!

It was a great way to get some fresh air, get a great leg stretch in and enjoy some beautiful surroundings before meeting up with the rest of the guild ladies for dinner.

Guess where we went?

bass

When in Springfield, Go to Bass Pro!

We actually met up with the ladies at Hemingway's restaurant in the upper level of the store, and it was really good – great company too!

However, the only other pictures I stopped to get were….

20150923_174049

Hexies in the Ladies' rest room!

20150923_174056

Well yeah, can you blame me??!

Tonight I am on my own.  I’ve got some work to attend to, and let’s face it –I’ve done a lot of group dining over the past more-than-a-week and I’m just tired of a big formal meal.  At this time I’m thinking that 2 crunchy tacos from taco bell would do me just fine.  NOT THAT HUNGRY for a full meal.

I’ve got the binding sewn back down on the My Blue Heaven.  The hanging sleeve edge is now in the process of being stitched down. 

That’s my evening homework.

Tomorrow morning by 8am I’ll be on the road and on my way to St Louis!

Have a great evening, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. Can't WAIT to greet you here in St. Louis! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed all the photos and posts that you put up. Thank you for taking the time to do this. It is very inspiring to see the groups' work and your inspiration in it all! =] Safe travels and "get some rest!"
    v.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double ditto what Kevin said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your time here in Springfield--please come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how is your new garmin working out? My fitbit died about 4 months ago and I am not sure which to get

    Debbie
    msiltala@wi.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:25 AM EDT

    So glad you had time for that out of doors hike. Thank you for taking us along.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, thanks for sharing those pictures you took on your hike. What a beautiful, peaceful place that looked like. And, of course, thanks for sharing all the pictures of the fun with the ladies.

    And I am very excited --- I went to Target and got myself the Nick and Nora pj's! :)

    Safe travels.

    Ginny B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be following you up 44 on Saturday. I can hardly wait for the lecture on Sunday. I hope to meet you then

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lovely hike! The reflection picture is awesome! BTW your book, "Adventures with Leaders and Enders" is currently $319.78 on amazon.com!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)