>>>>

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Wonky Wishes Day At Thimble Towne!

IMG_0030
If you’ve never been to Thimble Towne, YOU MUST GO!

This is no ordinary quilt shop, it’s also a wonderful event center right here in Bakersfield, with a second location in near by Visalia.  Just awesome beyond words!

And I came face to face with the poster that has been announcing my arrival over the past many months as we have had this on the calendar for more than 4 years.  4 years, and I am finally here!

And so is the quilt in this photo, as it was a Wonky Workshop Day yesterday, hosted by the Cotton Patch Quilters of Kern County.

I learned many things yesterday – this area was also big in cotton growing for many years, though citrus and nut trees and vineyards have slowly taken over.

20180418_105646


Just check out this space!

My thanks also so the A&E Signature thread company who sent mini king spools of wonderful Signature 3 ply 60 weight thread for all of my students here in Bakersfield.  We’ve got 3 days worth of full workshops, and they are all going home with thread.

20180418_102927

Meet Christina from Las Vegas!

Do you see what her shirt says?

That BFF stands for Bonnie’s Fan Forever! AWESOME!

And check out the back:

20180418_102933

All of the mysteries she’s done on are on the back!

The only thing left unchecked is “Died and gone to heaven” And I hope that is a long time off yet!  Seriously, we all wanted one – she came up with this design herself.  Too fun.

20180419_075518

And wouldn’t you just love to sew on Polka Dottie??

Oh my goodness!

20180418_152828(1)

Blocks coming together by lunch time!

20180418_123532

Wonderful array of colors and fabrics!

20180419_074539-001

String sashings making the whole production sing!

This is Linda, my driver all the way down from Napa – so happy to have her and her cohort Katie with us!

20180418_152520

Lay them all out, ladies!

The pattern for Wonky Wishes is available in the Quiltville Store under the Pattern Singles category.  Did you know there is a SHOP tab at the top of the blog to get you there quickly?

You’ll find the rest of our day together in the video below.  Click to play:


they got so much done - and loads of shopping accomplished on the side with the quilt shop attached to the event center.


20180418_161605

From the machine show room at the entrance

20180418_161346

To beautiful fabric selections in the fabric department

20180418_161422

Don’t forget to look up!

This is a Judy Niemeyer authorized class shop!

20180418_161407

So much inspiration!

20180418_161655

Where did I bee-line to?  Little Singer 27 with Tiffany decals.

LOVELY!

20180419_075208

So happy to have spent the day with these fun gals!

20180418_211043

Last night’s sewing.

20180418_212507

All from this trip!

I’ve finished ALL of the block kits I brought with me this trip which tells me two things:  1) I must never underestimate the sewing time I might have as in PACK MORE, and 2) These are so easy to make they take less time than I thought they would. 14 blocks heading home with me on Sunday.

Tonight is a lecture night, so there won’t be sewing time anyway – Tomorrow is my last night in Bakersfield so I'll likely be packing up my suitcase and making it ready so I wouldn’t get much Friday night sewing anyway – I’m checking out on Saturday morning, teaching a class Saturday, and then we head over to LAX where I’ll spend Saturday night, and shuttle myself to the airport Sunday morning for my flight home.

Still – should have packed at least 4 more blocks – I was on a ROLL!

IMG_20180419_065334_070

Quiltville Quote of the Day

Vintage nine-patch quilt found in Illinois.

And then, maybe I just need a couple of quiet evenings.

Peace can not be found in noise and restlessness.

Find some time to see what the joy of silence can bring to you today.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone!



11 comments:

  1. LOVE the polka dot machine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots, I will take one, purple with white dots please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubby & his fishing buddy just left to see if there are any fish dumb enough to bite so I'll have some quiet alone time this afternoon. Will be loading a quilt top on the Premier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my quiet time, I see quilts. Love the BFF T-shirt!! Maybe Fran can make us one from Zazzle?? Great to see all the blocks you made while in California

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tshirt... wish I owned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Upon your recommendation I ordered the ON RINGO LAKE tee shirt from Zazzle and I just love wearing it, so I ordered another, this time ON PROVENCE, now I don't want to wear any other tee in my closet ;) I save all your Quote of the day pics, send one to friends often if I think they will enjoy it. Thank you--

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome trip!!!! I'm happy to say I pick up the magazine today!!!! I can't wait to get a couple projects out of the way so I can play!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your workshops look like they are nothing but fun and good times. However, on a serious side note, did you get help setting up your store site?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh ooh ooh! Next time work takes me to Fresno I know where I am going to go on a side trip! Thanks for info on these great shops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the polka dots, I will take one, purple with white dots please!

    ผ่านเว็บ B2BET
    Gclub

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to ask - I've seen so many colours of vintage featherweights on your posts. Are ladies having these painted or did they originally come in such a variety? But if painted, why do the decals still look so perfect? I'm puzzled - perhaps others are too!
    basaran.family (at) rogers (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)