>>>>

Monday, January 08, 2018

Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 6, 7, 8, 9!!

IMG_20180107_210637_411000
Oh what a reveal it was, it was!

Rapid fire parts, one after the other taking us all the way from Part 6 on Friday, 7, 8, & 9 on each of the three days to come.

There has never been anything like this in Mystery-History!

There likely never will be again!!

It’s just the way the days fell, and the number of clues needed to kick this quilt to completion.  Some of the clues were as simple as just sewing the geese into pairs, as with part 7.

The others?  I know some of you felt like Lucy in the chocolate factory episode where the chocolates were coming at her faster than she could wrap them.  That makes me laugh just thinking of it!


Every year, Forest Jane pitches in and does our graphics for us.  Please feel free to use these for your blog, your website, wherever you want to post them.  Click your mouse to save.

How many of you didn't know that we have a Zazzle Store for Quiltville items?  Shirts, coffee mugs, aprons, you name it, all with our various mystery logos.

All of the proceeds from the sale of Zazzle items goes toward purchasing backings and battings for charity quilts, and yarn for making baby caps for the NICU.  Your purchase helps many in need! 

You can visit the Zazzle store HERE.






Thank you Jane!  We so appreciate you doing this every year!  The logo looks great!

We've got some show and share up on deck from yesterday's Quilt-Cam time:

IMG_6212


Jodi’s exciting play time version!

During yesterday’s Quilt-Cam Jodi sent in this photo with the following explanation:

Hello from freezing cold Indianapolis and that you so very much for the fun mystery!!
I made a few blocks wrong and a few right so I decided to go with it instead of ripping & redoing.
I'm nowhere near complete but I'm always anxious to get back to it when I have a few moments.
I'll call mine 4th of July On Ringo Lake.
Happy birthday month to you!
I LOVE this!

Just this past week someone asked how I felt about all of the derivatives floating around social media as if that was a bad thing.  It’s a GREAT thing!  Quilting is like cooking.  Most of us will tweak a recipe and add more spice, some alternate veggies, a bit more nuts, whatever it is – to make it suit our own tastes.

Quilting is the same way.  And I get a big charge out of seeing the borders you’ve added, the different layouts you’ve chosen, the way you’ve turned the units that inspire you to make this quilt yours – go for it, and please share it.  That’s what quilting is about!

26196371_1765443323475208_6368676939566229733_n

Christine’s top together!  Love the kitty pose.  LOL!

On Ringo Lake complete!! Kitty approved! Thanks Bonnie for another fantastic mystery!!

26168977_10210724399975213_1997315050684797045_n

This is Margaret’s!

“Have just completed my quilt top very happy with the result”

Great job, Margaret!

And a beautiful top from Janene:

20180106_192603

“My finished  top.  Thank you for the challenge.. always  learn something  new. “

We just had our reveal a week ago.  ONE WEEK and tops are being completed all over the place, in fact I saw someone posted that they already had it pieced, quilted AND BOUND!

What was that I said about it not being a race?  LOL!  I’m so excited that you are so excited to bring your On Ringo Lake quilt to completion.

So without further ado, let’s get this thing going.

No matter where you are in your On Ringo Lake, you can share blocks, design wall photos, fabric choices, completed units with your dog, cat or grand baby – just share!
If you do not have a blog, you can link to an Instagram post, google+ post, Flickr photo or even a Pinterest photo. But you MUST have one of these to participate.  Accounts must be PUBLIC, not private.

Be sure when you are filling in your information below that you include a URL to your specific post or photo, not just your main blog or profile address.  We need the address of the page where your photo and post is, not the whole account.


For those who don’t understand HOW to find the URL of any given post PLEASE read this
linky tutorial before you link up again.

For an example of a blog post including a link back, click HERE.
For a Pinterest post including a link back, click HERE.
For an Instagram post including a link back, click
HERE.
For a Flickr post including a link back, click HERE.


Click the links above for examples of folks who have done it correctly!
If you hare having trouble, why not contact someone who has “done it correctly” and ask for their help? Leave them a comment on their photo.  We can help each other.

If you have linked to my main blog address
http://quiltville.blogspot.com that also needs to be changed to the URL for today's linky page. Please check your post or photo and make sure you have the right link.

Include this link in your post:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/01/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6-7-8-9.html

Or short link: http://bit.ly/2maVWhI

If you don’t know how to link it so it is clickable in your blog post, don’t worry about it. Just copy and paste the above URL into your text.

We are also using the hashtags #quiltvillemystery and #onringolakequilt and a link back to this post for social media.  Please use them so we can find you!


If you post to Pinterest or Instagram, your blog, etc. - you need to add the link to the link-up post in your photo description. Hash tags are not enough. It doesn’t matter if it is a hyperlink or just plain text, but it must be there.


One more time:
Please do NOT post unit sizes or unit counts in your post.  This is a mystery.  The sizes and counts are plainly available in the mystery directions themselves.  Folks can get them by coming to my directions.

Also, your link-up post, be it on Instagram, Pinterest, your blog or wherever MUST include an easy to find, obvious link to the link-up post. The link you are to use is given to you above.
Our posts are reciprocal.  Which means I link to you, you link back to me.

Those who do not follow these three simple requests – No piece count, no unit size, and link back included to the link-up post will be removed from the link-up.

The linky pages will be alive FOREVER in the archives, Your link will stay there so people can find you, please link correctly to my post so people can find me and the others who have also shared their links as well.  Don’t be the dead end street for everyone else.  Thank you!


This link up will stay open for a full week and you may add your entries until midnight Eastern time, Sunday January 14th.


We'll do this one more time, on February 1st!

And as this goes live at just before 4am Eastern – I am on the way to the airport and headed to San Diego and some SUNSHINE! 

10556907_10153834831208909_1604074342372747261_o

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

















7 comments:

  1. Love the quote, “be relentless in your pursuit....”. Reflecting, I noted to self that I really have accomplished many of those things. When husband asked why I quilt and give away so many quilts , my answer is it gives me pleasure to make a pattern and pass it on to someone in need. Often times it is the challenge of your new patterns and then creating a different color scheme or layout outside the original plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I follow the quote, I would never eat! But the meaning is not lost on me.2018 is going to be my first full year without John. Hoping to finish some UFO, and make familt special quilts. Winter is a great time to dig in and piece and quilt. Nasty cold makes quilting toasty good.
    You are somright. This ORL mq has been amazing to watch come in being/s! The sheer variety of fabrics and variations has my head spinning with ideas. Thinking, for me, it will be best if there is not quite as many corals. Thinking of Lake Okeechobee in south Florida.
    Will blend your ideas for ORL and mine of Lake Okee. .... memories are so good.
    By now you must be in San Diego, sunny warm and happy. Enjoy being with wuilters who are plum crazy about you!
    Hugs
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ORL shares are beautiful, but I'm also really enjoying that vintage Snail Trail/Pinwheel at the end. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness this link up is open for 7 days. I'm going to need every minute!

    Thanks too, Bonnie, for organizing all this fun every year! It's nice to have the distraction when things get hairy over the holidays. And it's even nice to have a break from all my other quilty UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always amazes me how the colors of the material changes the look of the pattern so much! They're all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different colors. Makes me consider what ones to use. I have not started, still working on En Provence - in between the other things like baby quilts, wedding quilts, etc. I must reorganize 2018 so I get more sewing time, esp blocks of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so fantastic to see all the finished blocks and quilts and even the pieces. Looking at these I wonder what color mine will turn out. Sadly 2 weeks before Christmas I got hit by the flu (yes I got the shot in October - for the older citizens) and it lasted until after Christmas for getting well. I was able to cook for my family and spend time with them, but other than that and binding my last Christmas present quilt I had no energy. Anxious to get started again so I can see how my colors look. Thank you and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)