>>>>

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Split Nine Patch in Denton, TX!

20170222_113700
This is a new one for the books!

I taught a class in a converted ROLLER RINK!!

And yes, the floors were gorgeous with that old wood.  The rink is now a place for gatherings, receptions, community events, and yes, QUILT WORKSHOPS!

We had 47 stitchers in attendance, and the space was ample, and the lighting was great.  (And yes, the disco ball still hangs from the ceiling!) 

We sewed our brains out amidst laughter and chatter and all things quilty.


IMG950934

Several of the ladies I already knew!

So great to see you, Sherry!

20170222_113937


20170222_150813

Before we knew it we were laying out block possibilities.

20170222_122133

And OH!!!  The gorgeous show and share!

I usually wait and do show & share in its own post, but it was such a huge part of our day I’ve included it in the slide show along with the class photos:



Thank you for an AMAZING day, everyone!  

You can find the free pattern for Split Nine Patch under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  Have fun with i t!

IMG951041

Irene and Jennifer and I ended our busy day with a great meal and more fun at Texas Road House next to our hotel.

Many from this workshop are also headed with me down to Temple this morning for a retreat at Rockin’ R Retreats.  The best part?  I get to sew myself and be one of the girls when I’m not teaching.  I got a bit of a head start last night!

20170222_195839

Irene and Bonnie sewing tandem!

Bye Bye Birdie on the TV!

It’s a tradition to watch really soppy sappy musicals and sing along while we sew.  Yes, sometimes it even involves getting out of our chairs and DANCING!  I hadn’t seen this one in forever, so what a great blast from the past.  Love the hair styles and the clothes…so very 1960s.

20170222_195934

More Straits of Mackinac units under way!

This will be continued at retreat.  We hare packing up now and headed on out – but I understand there is a high probability of some antique mall stops along the way.

2_23_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage bow tie quilt found in North Carolina.

Not every question has an answer. Sometimes there is simply no explanation.

I find the unanswered to be a part of this beautiful journey.  It’s very freeing to let go of the “NEED TO KNOW!”

And go with the flow!

Happy Thursday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I think I met Irene when you came to our guild in New Braunfels? She brought you a machine to use or did u travel with it? Trying to plan a trip unsure if it is safe to travel with my machine??? How fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I think I met Irene when you came to our guild in New Braunfels? She brought you a machine to use or did u travel with it? Trying to plan a trip unsure if it is safe to travel with my machine??? How fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denton to Temple - take some back roads, get off the Interstate for a while and enjoy small town life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun. I know how much fun we have at guild sewing days and the retreats I have been to so I can only imagine how much fun one of your classes are!!! Maybe one day...it is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like Sherry from your 1st Caribbean cruise! What a blast that was! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie, I am so jealous of all those people doing your class. Can't wait till you come to England and I will be there. I will get on a plane and I will be there. Everyone looks very happy. Hope everyone enjoyed there time with you. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bonnie..remember antique malls will usually ship..if not, I LOVE USPS....Lol
    Have fun, enjoy just being.... that is really the best part of life...beingHUgs
    JUlieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Sure looks fun. I wish I had half the energy you do Bonnie. If only you could bottle it and sell it. Have fun ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that you share your days with us... makes me a bit wishing i were there, when you're on the tarmac for hours? not so much, but you do know how to use your time so well, and are a great inspiration to me... thank you so much for your contribution to my life... MomCats

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)