>>>>

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Jamestown Landing, Bluffton Style!

20170122_140123
Not sure if you can see through the window in this photo just how black it was outside –it rained, it poured –it came down in sheets and buckets and still we came!

It was a Jamestown Landing from String Fling workshop day, and no amount of wet weather was going to keep us from joining together and making the most of it.

The WORST was over –the getting the machines and notions and ott lights and fabric and other quilty paraphernalia into the gorgeous workroom space at the community center the guild was using for the workshop.  BEAUTIFUL location in a Del Webb community –with all of the amenities.  Just superb!

We set right in to stitching, string blocks galore.  I love it when folks who have never done any string piecing jump right in, throwing caution to the wind and embrace the fun of simply covering shapes of paper with random widths, patterns and textures!


20170122_094350

Pedal to the Metal, girls!
We had 27 quilters, can you hear the hubbub?

20170122_112546

Trimming up units!  Hooray for new sharp blades!

20170122_112441

Beautiful!  I love the hint of baby pastels in these units.

If the pastel is lighter-than-medium on the value scale, I will throw them in with the creams, whites, beiges and other neutrals.  But they have to be LIGHTER than a brown paper bag for the pastels not to shout too loudly.

20170122_094011

Two little machines up for adoption.

A Singer Spartan and a lovely 99k!

Did you know that the Spartan is a “bare bones” sister of the 99k?  No decals other than the word “Spartan” on the arm.  No light.  but other than that they are the same machine.

20170122_151551

And the 99k now has a new owner!  Hooray!

I sold 5 out of 6 machines on this trip, all to happy quilters who are as excited to have them as I was to find them and fix them up and get them stitching.  I will be doing more of this in the future.  As for the little Spartan?  It came back home and I think I’ll continue to stitch on it as it is such a wonderful little machine.  It will go back on the road with me on my next driving trip this spring.

20170122_123734

And yes there was cake!

The gluten free chocolate is for ME and others who are also gluten free.

Thank you for being so thoughtful!

20170122_154229

I loved this day and all the fun we had!

More in our slide show below:



It was still thundering and lightning and pouring down rain on my journey up to Columbia SC that evening.  I left the workshop location at 4pm, making it to Columbia by 6:45 pm and stayed the night as I was just too tired to drive the 2 1/2 hours left to home in North Carolina.  A good night’s sleep, a birthday breakfast with my son before HE headed out to work and I was on my way.

Oh my goodness.  I hit TWO huge antique malls, AND IKEA and didn’t get home until 4pm!  A nap followed before  going out for my birthday dinner.  Dinner was late – by the time I got home I had decided that our Quilty Box drawing was going to happen TONIGHT instead of last night.  So if you haven’t entered yet?  There is still time.  I have changed the end time for this evening and we will be drawing for the winner of the January Quilty Box then.  Enter ON THAT POST.

As for what I saw yesterday?  That’s a post for TOMORROW!  OH.  My.  Goodness! (Does that pique your interest?!)

QUILT-CAM ANNOUNCEMENT!  How about Wednesday Evening at 8pm Eastern??  Facebook Live first, then it will be embedded here on the blog after the fact and archived under the Quilt-Cam tab.  I’ll see you there!  Or more like – you’ll see me.

1_24_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage quilt found in Beaufort, South Carolina.

That uncomfortable leap you make may be the start of something wonderful!

How will you know if you don't try?

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. There is more Rain coming your way. I was watching the weather map from Rainy Southern California! Tgat song "it Never Rains In Southern California " didn't apply this year for my trip to Road2CA. Glad you got home safe. I'm back where the rain is Frozen. SEW DAYS this week while the laundry goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful BIRTHDAY yesterday! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful BIRTHDAY yesterday! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great birthday and quilt cam? terrific...but remember to charge the tablet...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful slide show of Jamestown Landing. Makes me what to work more on my string blocks. My HSTs are leader enders right now. I am recovering from some periodontal surgery so I am just enjoying all the great posts on FB and your blog today. Your finish of garlic knots is just beautiful with all those bright colors. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great slideshow! It was so sweet of them to have cake for you! Glad you had a day off for your trip home and bday dinner! Yay for quilt cam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday. Glad to hear you had a great time, safe and fun travels home. Also glad to hear about Quilt Cam tomorrow night. I've got a quilters' day out on Friday and need to get more projects cut out for sewing.

    AndiRae in MN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my 99 and my Spartan along with all my other vintage machines-my husband curses you every time I bring a new one home LOL! Thanks for the new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today's quote was perfectly timed. I just said thank you and good bye to the last workman-a finish to a complete change over
    of a 36 year old bedroom!!! I almost chickened out after removing the wood strips and mural from one wall, yes some of us do remember when that was popular in the late 70's -early 80's. New furniture hasn't arrived yet but I'm practicing on possible furniture placement. As the quote said take chances!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)