>>>>

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Quilt-Cam! 3/30/2016

barb1
Welcome to Quilt-Cam!

Wow, has it been a while since we have been able to do this. 

This photo was sent in by Barb on a Quilt-Cam evening, Feb 24th!

At the time she was pulling red strings and getting ready for our Talkin’ Turkey workshop in Cincinnati.  That came and went, we had a wonderful time and I was home for only a day before heading off to Michigan.

I got back from Michigan the Sunday before Easter, and Easter week was just too busy to throw a Quilt-Cam in – and we headed up to the cabin for our Family Easter/Spring break.

That brings us to NOW!  There has been a lot going on in the past month, so much to catch up on with you!
 20160329_113611-1

Remember these H blocks?

They got set aside when I needed to focus on getting our Allietare Mystery done behind the scenes, and they were OFF the design wall and in a box once we started putting the pine planking up on the walls at the cabin.  I found my box!  And out they came to play.  I think I have enough to do something to call it good, but what? 

Here I’m wondering what things would look like with a half-block drop.  Eh? Maybe, maybe not.

20160329_120402

And this idea sort of happened!

20160329_121251-001

And I found myself with a test run!

20160330_195153

And then there were three!

And more to do.

I’ve got some tall triangles and this is my project for tonight.  I’m going to frame some of these puppies up and will trim them to size later.  I need more of these sewn topsy-turvy style before I can decide how to proceed from here.

I’m stitching tonight on my 1948 Singer 201-2.  The first time I posted about her was on another Quilt-Cam: Dec 18 of 2013!  Wow.  My how time flies when we are having fun with the fabric!

Are you ready to join me? Click the arrow on the screen below to start the feed.



Thanks for joining me tonight, everyone!

If you are finding this post later, remember you can find all of the previous Quilt-Cam episodes under the Quilt-Cam tab at the top of the blog.

If you missed this morning’s blog post – we have a super giveaway going on for the May/June 2016 Quiltmaker Magazine issue with my quilt Razzle Dazzle in it!  Click HERE and follow directions to enter.  The drawing happens Sunday night.

Thanks for keeping me in stitches!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

12 comments:

  1. woo hoo my first quilt cam as a Maryland resident....yankee no more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the closest I have ever come to having a quilt class. Nice. I am sitting in my recliner and watching, not sewing, my newest quilt is still in the pull out of stash phase. So enjoying this much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you live for the first time in months. Tonight I'm sewing a sleeve on an art piece that's being shipped next week to Stratford, Ontario, where it will be part of an exhibit opening at the Stratford-Perth Museum in May. Love to watch you as I stitch. Thanks for all you do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great nite for quilt-cam!! I'm working on a friendship star quilt for a neighbor who plowed our driveway all winter long and won't take a dime for it,,,a quilt is the perfect payment I think!! ..... Oh, how I covet all those H blocks, I think I have about five of them done from when you started ,,,was it a year ago?? I'll be seeing you at The Grand on our little island, can't wait!!!

    Thanks for inviting all of us into your studio,,,,love from Michigan, lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the testimonial regarding Singers 201 machines. I have a number of useful machines but I love my old Singer 201, purchased from someone's old garage, loaded with lint. I cleaned her up and she is Sweet! The problem I had with her was solved by using s Singer needle! Who knew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to join you tonight for the first time. Got a smile when you were showing your H block....as you flipped the block around, I saw an H and an I.....your block said "hi" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Ellen in Vernon BC10:23 PM EDT

    Well making snowy owls out of pinecones with my granddaughter so not quilting But watching quiltcam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought I would see the photo I sent at the top of your blog. I so loved your classes in Cincinnati and I know I will treasure those memories for the rest of my life. I watched quilt cam this evening but got a late start because of choir practice. I was working on step three of Grand Illusion. I am determined to get it finished this year. I plan on doing it each quilt cam opportunity so hopefully your time will factor in a positive way to help me meet that goal. I am glad that Kevin chimed in tonight as I have met him several times in St. Louis both at the shop he works in and at the library in St. Louis for your trunk show. I have rambled on enough. I hope to have another opportunity to take another class soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your setting for your H blocks, can't wait to see it completed. Gotta remember to look for quiltmaker. Love your Razzle Dazzle quilt and will add it to the list of many I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonnie,
    Just watched Quiltcam this morning; loved watching you sew those gorgeous H-blocks into such an adoring unit! Great! Thanks for the inspiration!
    And I had to laugh so much as you whistle for those two lost sofa-points.......LOL.... like whistling for Sadie..... ;)
    Still smiling......
    Have a lovely day and a great upcoming trip!
    Love from the Netherlands, Ria.
    Zwaai!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bonnie, I missed quilt-cam, but love your H blocks. Now I am inspired to draw my own E block, and set the blocks wonky as you have shown yours. Looks like a lovely quilt is in the works for you, and now, maybe, for me. So happy to use some of my stash up. I don't need to enter the drawing, as my issue of the May/June Quiltmaker arrived yesterday! Didn't I see 3 articles with your name on them? Great!

    Thanks for all you do for the quilters of the world, Bonnie. I cannot believe how busy you are, and how giving. A BIG thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:38 PM EDT

    I got to watch last night. I laughed at your comments about your eyes. My next eye exam (which my insurance pays)was 6 months away, but the print in my Bible had shrunk. When I found a giant print I liked on sale, I decided a new Bible was cheaper than paying for an extra eye exam. Sharon B

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)