>>>>

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Taping in August–Call for Quilts!

1508129_10152865044578909_3389883037163115096_n
I love working with Quiltmaker Magazine!

It’s been almost 10 years now, this relationship friendship with editors, designers, and folks who love quilts and are as excited about fabric and sewing stuff, just as we all are.

My journey with them has been an awesome partnership, and I’m excited to see it grow!

When they first proposed to me that I do an Addicted to Scraps column in every issue, I had no idea how big it would be, how much people would love it – it was just a simple idea based on the newspaper quilt patterns of old --

Here is a BLOCK PATTERN.  No quilt pattern given – get your brain in gear and see what you can do with it!

I’ve got some wonderful gals working as part of the Scrap Addicts team, and they are working behind the scenes to create quilts in their own layouts and design based on the blocks presented in each column.

Now this is where YOU come in!

I am doing some taping of online workshops focused around my Addicted to Scraps column in August.

I am looking for quilts to be included in the gallery section of each episode. Would you consider allowing me to include your quilt for the world to see?

It would need to be to the offices in Golden by August 1st. Please let me know ASAP if you wish to participate! I would love to be able to share your quilt in my episode.

The quilts I am looking for correspond with the 6 Addicted to Scraps segments I am taping.

Moth in the Window
Moth in the Window
Mai-Tais in Paradise
Mai Tais in Paradise
Wild & Goosey
Wild & Goosey
Pinwheel Fancy
Pinwheel Fancy
Twirl Around
Twirl Around
Idaho Square Dance
Idaho Square Dance

What I am looking for is as much variety as possible –so if someone has sent a photo of a quilt, and yours is identical, I have to choose which one goes –I wish I could show them all, but I’m looking for VARIETY!

Please email me a photo of your quilt as soon as you can, and when they are all in –I’ll let you know by email where to send your quilt.

It will need to arrive by AUGUST FIRST!!

I’m not sure when the online tutorials will air, I’ll keep you updated.

I’m really EXCITED about this new venture with Quiltmaker!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. I am one of your Scrap Addits, quilt is ready to go. Hope you love it as much as me. It's been hard to keep it a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I sent a picture of the Mai Tais in paradise quilt that I made using your pattern. Having a block pattern starter idea is a great way to start thinking about a new pattern to try without having everything laid out ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Moth in the Window Quilt and Idaho Square Dance both in progress. I know you will have plenty of Wild and Goosey choices by the pics on FB. I'll get to stitchin' and come back ASAP with a Picture. Any size requirement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Anne12:38 PM EDT

    Is the "Here is the BLOCK PATTERN" supposed to be a link to the block picture? It isn't on my Linux computer system and my system usually sees the links with no problem.

    Thanks for you help!

    Love your blog and wish I had half your energy.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Anne, the way I read it, and because there is a long dash at the end of the previous sentence, the "Here is the BLOCK PATTERN" is just describing how the Addicted to Scraps column works and compares to the old newspaper block patterns Bonnie spoke of in the same post. I don't think she intended to link to any block pattern since the blog post is talking about the six blocks that will be featured in the new videos Bonnie will tape in August. I hope this helps, and of course, Bonnie, correct me if I am wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta read the whole post girls...
    " Please email me a photo of your quilt as soon as you can, and when they are all in –I’ll let you know by email where to send your quilt."

    She will select from photos and you will be sending the actual quilt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am one of the ATS group for Quiltmaker and have two quilts that are being sent in. The Idaho square dance quikt has been featured in their blog and the log cabin love blog is in the works. I am hoping to meet up with you for a quick visit during a lunch hour while you are there for the taping. Congrats on 10 years with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wondering...if the shelving came out from the wall like a library shelf and the boxes were two deep turned the long way...you could see an edge of each fabric not just the first one in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bummer! My Wild and goosey won't be back from the Long-armer until December!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Scrap Addict here! I've got a Pinwheel Fancy quilt ready to send. I've also been working on Twirl Around blocks, but don't have enough to make into a quilt yet. I am using them as Leader/Enders ;-> I'm really excited and looking forward to your new video adventures!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)