>>>>

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cathedral Stars, Auburn Style!

20150615_153954
FIFTY quilters!

FIFTY quilters from all over the great state of California, but also from as far away as Colorado!

If we offer it, they will come – because gathering with quilters and working on scrappy projects is just about the most fun you can have.  EVER!

I met with the Foothills Quilt Guild in Auburn, California for yesterday’s Cathedral Stars workshop.

It’s always a great time because the projects are always so varied from quilter to quilter to quilter ---they let their own personalities shine through in the fabrics they bring to sew up these fun and scrappy blocks.

20150615_160108

I NEED THIS SHIRT! LOL!

This shirt was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen, and oh I wish on many occasions I had these words on the tip of my tongue---hahaha!  We all got a good laugh and I learned to love this gal to bits!

FOT1930-001

Thanks for coming, girls!  It was a wonderful day!

20150615_121208

INCLUDING the apricots!

It has been so long since I was able to just eat fresh apricots picked right off the tree ---that I think I over indulged and was reminded quickly soon after what happens if you eat too many…LOL!  But it was worth it!

20150615_153626

Check out this progress!

20150615_153652

Looking good, my lovelies!

20150615_153726

These gals, all 50 of them – have got it going on!

20150615_100411

Oh yes, the ironing room ---

Or as we called it, the TIME OUT room! ha!\

We didn’t want to blow circuits to 50 machines, so the irons were in the little nursery room off of the main room.  This is where all the fun and chatter happens!  And it’s great to get up OUT of your seat and move your body, stand a while, and press something.

And as always, you can find the free pattern for Cathedral Stars by clicking the Free Patterns Tab at the top of the blog.

More fun fun fun photos to share in the slide show!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Cathedral Stars, Auburn, CA 2015



Tonight is a fun partial “day off” as I am being picked up to head to Sacramento ---we’ll do some antique shopping, some photo taking and get set up for tonight’s presentation with the River City Quilters.

It’s going to be a full and fun day and I’m ready for some more soaking up of the California sunshine!

Have an awesome Tuesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! I see someone has started on their Tumblers in a Mini size. Apricots! I hear ya! There are never enough outlets in churches, IMHO. Glad you get some Sunny California days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those tumblers, too. They look a tad too small for me. And I'll wait for the "official" instructions because I have a gazillion other Bonnie projects in progress. lol. What a cute little hand crank in that first picture! Enjoy the sunshine and not too many apricots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I had such a great time meeting you Bonnie, you are everything that I thought you were,fun, quirky, sweet, amazing and wonderful! I will always be a Bonniac and I hope I get to catch another workshop with you in the future! Heres to Scrapalicious Deliciousness!! WoooooHoooooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting to see how different the same design of blocks look when made in different colours and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw those cute tiny little tumblers! Think I might go with 5" tumblers, but I'll wait until you give us the "official" instructions.
    Looks like everyone is having a blast!
    Was a VERY HOT day here in Forsyth County, NC. My thermometer read 99 degrees this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! There is my friend Norma!!!! you girls look like you had a blast-I can't wait to see what she dis and hear how much fun she had!!! what a great time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Love! Love! the hand crank! Hubby has a coffee cup with that saying on it. He keeps it on his desk at work. It doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in Folsom, California visiting my daughter and her family. We drove through Auburn Saturday on our way to Lake Tahoe. I didn't know you were here this past weekend or I might have dropped by to meet you. I have a quilt with me that I recently made from one of your patterns using my scraps of triangles sewn together. I would have loved to show it to you. I'm taking it to Utah to give to my sister as a gift next week. I will send you a picture of the quilt, though. If you are ever in Houston doing a class let me know. Or if you go to the Houston quilt show, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:47 PM EDT

    Where can be get that T-shirt. Need one desperately!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)