>>>>

Monday, June 15, 2015

And Bonnie Did Sew!

20150614_143640
Did you catch the photo of the hand crank sewing machine in my slide show from the Placer County Historical museum this morning?

It was in the slide show!  Wouldn’t I love to take one of these home?  From 1870, and it has that wonderful octagonal shape!

Even better though, a sweet Stitcher-Sister Peggie had contacted me ahead of time and has loaned me her Featherweight for my use while here!

you can imagine my excitement when I checked into the hotel and was presented with that familiar GREEN box!

 20150614_161730-1

How sweet!

So this is where you would have found me last night if you happened by my room – stitching away to keep up until at least 9pm so that I would sleep through the night.

These 3 hour time changes are a bear!

20150614_183716-1

Making string blocks!

I traveled with a couple zip lock bags full of strings and little pieces, and some pre-cut foundation squares from old phone book paper.

I quickly emptied the notions bin that Peggie sent and dumped my bag of strings into it -- better to choose the right strip by!

Throw in a mix of NCIS and I was good to go for quite a while…but those last blocks were sewn with bleary eyes as I prayed it would get dark outside FASTER!

Not sure what is in store for tonight, but at some point this evening, this is where you will find me ---

Making the most of the minutes given!

Tomorrow I am being picked up and shuttled to Sacramento for my days there, and there will be some fun sight seeing and discoveries to be made along the way.

Much love from the Golden State ---


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your stitching in last night. I see lots of scraps. Sleep well tonight and enjoy your Funday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful machine. The box reminds me of the slide projector box of my childhood.
    My suggestion for the next leader-ended project is to make a quilt of 16-patch blocks, each block in two colors. The colors can be scrappy. So if you want to make a red and purple block, you would use scrappy reds and scrappy purples. It will be easy for people to use whatever size squares they want....2" , 2.5", 1.5".....without getting complicated. I have been wanting to make a quilt of 16 patch blocks. Yes, I could make it on my own but it sure would be fun to know Bonnie Hunter and all her peeps were making one with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that a great kindness to do? Such a pretty FW too. Do we yet know what you will make from those cute string blocks?
    Have fun
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year I started cutting 1 1/2" strips, 3 each from my 1800's reprints. I paired them with bleached muslin for 3" finished 9-patches. I have around 200 blocks made now. After laying them out on our bed I figure I might have enough for queen-king size bed quilt. They will be paired with bleached muslin squares for alternate blocks. This will be my first red and white quilt. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me to keep at it and not just sit on my duff1

    fletcher.jean@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you at river city quilters!
    Pam. Pcreason1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... She looks just like my Gracie!!!! I do love the white featherweights! Hope you got lots done!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)