>>>>

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rectangle Wrangle, All Day Long!

Boy, it felt good to be teaching a class again.

And with it being over 100 degrees and humid as all get-out in Monroe ---where better to be than in the air-conditioned comfort of a great work space sewing away with a great group of quilters?

This is Susanne – and I bonded with her right off due to her lovely pink featherweight, Candy!

Yes – Candy even gets her own name tag! LOL!

And doesn’t Susanne just look HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to be here?  We all were.

Rectangle Wrangle is found in my book Scraps & Shirttails II – and is probably my favorite of all the quilts in the book.  The border of Ohio Stars was an afterthought --- because once I had the quilt top together and tried it on the bed, it was way too murky and dark --- the stars MAKE the quilt for me…besides, I love 6” blocks, don’t you?

Monroe_LA2013 034

There were lots of featherweights humming away in class, and a couple of 301s as well!  But look at THIS beauty --- it’s a Black side featherweight…made during the WWII era when chromium was not as available for machine parts and a black finish was given instead….I don’t find black side featherweights very often..so this was a treat to see!

Click the image below if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device to go directly to the photo album.
Rectangle Wrangle, Monroe LA 2013

Today we do it again with a Tulip Fields workshop, and we will be string piecing the day away which promises to be a whole load of fun!

Two days left of June -- what are YOU going to do with it??


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

12 comments:

  1. HOLA, COMO STAS... INTERESANTE TU BLOG, ME ENCANTO..¡ TE FELICITO.
    AHORA TE SIGO, TE INVITO A QUE ME VISITES Y VEAS LO QUE YO HAGO, SERAS BIENVENIDA SIEMPRE..
    BESOS, ABRAZOS Y BENDICIONES.
    ZHOBEYDA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am packing for a road trip to Washington DC. We are taking our 11 yr old grandson! I am hoping we have some sun during the day. The fireworks are on Thursday. We are looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:56 AM EDT

    I really like your Rectangle Wrangle quilt and agree that the star border makes it really special.

    Hopefully, I'll finish my niece's college graduation quilt or at least get it sandwiched. Although I attended her graduation, a family celebration is scheduled for August in Atlanta for all of the family and friends who could not travel to DC back in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun. Looks like a great project for the shirts I've been de-boning. I'm curious--what kind of table Candy is sporting? Can't quite make out the name....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun. Looks like a great project for the shirts I've been de-boning. I'm curious--what kind of table Candy is sporting? Can't quite make out the name....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love seeing Featherweights. How cute that Candy has her own nametag. The pink color on Candy is great. It is hard to get a good pink and not go Pepto-Bismol-ish. And that black side one! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do remember who's blackside F/W it was?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crinkle (matte finish) FWs are the most rare. I've only ever seen one.... Di in TN; TN Treadler

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I doing that four letter word activity that most everyone hates - moving. We have unpacked the boxes from storage and I am washing linen, dishes, etc., putting books in bookshelves and on and on and on. Then, I get to pack up the rental, move the stuff and unpack again. Can't wait to be done with this so I can organize my new sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I doing that four letter word activity that most everyone hates - moving. We have unpacked the boxes from storage and I am washing linen, dishes, etc., putting books in bookshelves and on and on and on. Then, I get to pack up the rental, move the stuff and unpack again. Can't wait to be done with this so I can organize my new sewing room.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)