>>>>

Thursday, March 14, 2013

iPhone-o-Gram! Machine Sighting!

I stopped at an antique mall on my way to my sewing retreat – why is it that people pile so much stuff on top of the machine cabinet that you can't get in it to see the machine?

It's not like it's a dresser or a dining room buffet table – all of the goodies are inside the cabinet!

It took some doing to remove the froufrou stuff from the top of this cabinet, but I just had to see what was inside!

It was so worth it – inside it was a beautiful machine with gorgeous decals! It's a new home!

It's got the same leaf tensioner that my new hand crank has – and the same funky threading system :-)

I checked and the shuttle is there!

The price is $195.00. I left it there mainly because there is no room at the inn.

This is the ultimate in catch and release – a beautiful machine, I'm happy to have seen it and I'm sure someone will snatch it up and give it a good home!







16 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Aaaaah! It's beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing! I love vintage machines. I just got a Singer Spartan to add to my collection last week for $20.00. It sews a beautiful stitch and is so much fun to use! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete with a spool of junky thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know I'm not alone in my quest to rescue abandoned sewing machines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find. Too bad it is to far for me to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Bonnie,beautiful machine!
    Jennifer S Thomas I have a Spartan too,I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing Bonnie,beautiful machine!
    Jennifer S Thomas I have a Spartan too,I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always amazes me to see the ancient spools of thread that generally always hang around with their machine. Kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder, I need to make a list of Shops near Portland. I have all day next Wednesday to get there...LOL Beautiful decals, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. over the top decals and love that cabinet....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee Bonnie I bet that if you give the antique mall ad space for that it would be picked up by one of your readers... they should Know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great looking machine! I have four treadles in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I left a pretty turquoise singer at the Goodwill this year. It really needed work and my husband would have divorced me as there is not place to put it. That machine cabinet was worth the investment. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking through Craigslist for Knoxville, TN this afternoon and... look what I found for you!! Lady seems to have done quite a bit of research for this, much offered by the White Company! http://knoxville.craigslist.org/atq/3632046565.html Am I right in assuming the wooden box on the top would be the actual machine cover?

    ReplyDelete
  14. too bad Bonnie! You could have used this one, and used the one at home for parts!
    Enjoy! Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)