>>>>

Friday, March 01, 2013

Calling Tampa FL Area Quilters!


This message came in this afternoon, and with the disaster of the “Ad Free” Quilt Cam Session costing more than my car payment--- I forgot to post this!

((Side note ---our debt is almost even and I will be removing the donate button soon…thank you for helping me recoup the whoops!))

Sue E is one of our readers from the Tampa Florida area and she writes:

I know this is a big favor --was wondering if you could mention our show on your blog.  It may be too late.  Several of our members are in guilds that you have visited.
The Feather Princesses, Inc. present "Appliqué in Tampa Bay III - Reflections"




March 1 & 2, 2013
St. Lawrence Catholic Church - Higgins Hall
5221 N. Himes Avenue, Tampa FL.

Friday - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Admission $7 (discount for buses)

Come for a phenomenal judged show of over 200 beautifully appliquéd quilts, handicap accessible, breathtaking Opportunity Quilt, magnificent vendors, awesome boutique, informative quilt appraisals, inspirational quilt demonstrations, gorgeous gift baskets, marvelous miniature quilt auction with proceeds going to Metropolitan Ministries, Cafe serving breakfast and lunch, free parking
Website: www.featherprincesses.org
thanks for reading.  Love your blog
Sue E, Fl
I apologize for this being late but in case there are any of you within driving distance of Tampa and would love a Saturday adventure to visit a fabulous show…click the guild website, grab your purse, your car keys, your quilt buddies—and GO!
 
sisterschoice1 006
 
Quilt Cam wasn’t a complete failure!  I got all of the 42 9-patches sewn and started in on sewing star points to my Sisters Choice blocks.  The original quilt I’m re-making had green points.  I’m so READY for spring that I decided these shall have bright fuscia pink!
 
This gave me the opportunity to share live my love of bonus triangles, and getting them the size I need with no trimming down through the use of Triangle Buddies!  I’ve got a stack of 8 so far….but each of the 42 blocks will give me 8 for a total of 336 bonus triangles from this quilt alone.  Is it worth taking the time to do these as I go, instead of waiting for later? Oh yes!  The fabric is already matched right sides together with something else…just DO IT!  You’ll be glad you did.
 
sisterschoice1 007
 
Webbing the block rows together.
 
sisterschoice1 008
 
Block 1 down, 41 to go!
 
Have a great night, everyone!  This has been one wild ride of a day!
















11 comments:

  1. After today, you really deserve a good nites sleep. Thanks for all you do and the way you do it. Congrats on the awards! You are well loved. Love the fuscia. It's going to be awesome! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh, is the following clip from the Tampa Quilt show message a typo, or ...... is this how we really feel! :)

    If you are able please check out my guild guilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Debbie Lou...she said what I was thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like the fuscia points - nice and bright, very spring-like. Sorry you had a tough day, have a spa night! Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry I missed Quilt Cam especially since I just asked you about the bonus triangles.
    Have a great trip!
    Vicky K

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the bright pink for the star points! Is just perfect for spring! Hated to miss quilt cam and will be waiting when you get home again! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bonus triangles! I use them to make an accent border for the quilt. I recently make 2 star struck quilts, added bonus triangle border and still had enough left to make 2 charity Neo-natal quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie. Missed quilt cam due tontimemdifference in Australia. Could you show the bonus triangles on the next cam possible. I am interested in seeing how it is done.. Thank you and congratulations. Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Bonnie,

    I have question. I like to make the Quilt: Jamestown Landing. There you wrote: I have to string piece neutral fabrics. Now I saw you sew on this Sisters Choice different fabrics. Are this neutral fabrics?? Or what are neutral fabrics?? Witch scraps can I use??
    Are you reading this comments and Can I hope to get an answer?

    I hope you understand my bad english.

    Greeting Guilitta from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot:

      My mail adress is: Guilitta2000@t-online.de
      Greeting Guilitta

      Delete
  10. I noticed while you were sewing your 9-patches that there were positive and negative ones. (4 light/5 Dark are Positive and 4 Dark and 5 light are negative) Does it make a difference for your Sister's Choice Blocks?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)