>>>>

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Well, Isn't THAT Special?


Half of my County Clare blocks were at home.

The other half?  At the QPO Studio.

I've been working on them fairly diligently in between the lines of stitching other things - just as Leader & Ender projects are meant to do.

It's time to set them together - at least I think I have enough to start laying out and determining how I want to go with them and then?

Oh no!

Take a look at the nine-patch chain in the top row with the green diagonal quares.

Now look at them in the bottom row - notice anything"


They are built different.

Though the green squares chain the same direction, the rectangles are sometimes horizontal, and sometimes vertical. 

Which brings to mind this little response:


Well, isn't THAT special?!?
ARGH!

This changes things for me a bit, because those rectangles won't rotate around the way they should if they are already turned.

So instead I think I'm going with this layout:


Round and Round with sashings -

I think the sashings will help those wrong-way-rectangles be less noticeable. 

So this is where I am with this one - there are a lot of sashings and cornerstones to cut before I can lay anything out - but I'm excited to see this one coming together.

How are you doing on yours?

Yesterday was spent finishing up inn laundry, prepping towel baskets, making beds so that I can take today off with a planned outing for hitting some antique malls with a couple of friends.  It's been a while.  I feel the need to just go play away.

The rest of the time?  Getting Ladder Star ready for Friday!  We are all systems go in that department.

Chiropractor appointment mid afternoon got me home early.

By the time dinner was done all I wanted to do was curl up with my feet up and put some hand quilting stitches into the red/white/blue star.  I turned another corner!  Things are moving along.


When this happens to your clean laundry in the basket - do you re-wash it?  Or just brush it off?

I'm going with the brush it off scenario right now.  Oh, Lola!


Through my smudgy windshield.

Fall is happening here.

I took this photo about halfway up our drive - the hairpin turn is just ahead.  Leaves are turning somewhat.  It's not very brilliant this year, but it's definitely fall.


This morning's sunrise.

Or just before it rose anyway.

Temps were in the 30s this morning.  We won't get out of the 40s today.  It's time for warm sweaters, wool socks, favorite boots.

I'm meeting up with Martha and Cindy to head down to Wilkesboro at 10am.

Hubster Dave and Son Jeff are putting the storm window back in place at the kitchen window at the inn today.  It's time for winterizing all the things.

There are only 4 retreats left of  Quiltville Inn, Season 5!


Quiltville Quote of the Day-

While this could apply in many circumstances, it especially applies today.

Remember those days? No cell coverage? 

I think we need to bring more of that back! 

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)