>>>>

Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Quilting Up Waterford -


Waterford is now a top.  Finally!  And it's being quilted -

It was a process.  I find it hard to settle myself into creativity when I feel so unsettled.

The propane tank was refilled on Friday, which meant we had enough propane once again to run the whole house Generac.

That meant that there was power to the basement studio at home.  I could set the blocks for this quilt top together and HAVE a top.


Which Lola promptly claimed as her own domain.


By Sunday things were returning much more to normal.

I was at the QPO dealing with the computer disaster (small potatoes compared to everything else) and Son Jeff had come up to clear all the down bricks from the fallen wall caused by the storm.

We aren't sure that the wall will ever go back up again.  Bricks are on pallets and set aside. Maybe until next spring - who knows.

While he was working I pulled blue fabrics to piece a back.

The top is super scrappy - and so is the back.  Sometimes I do a one fabric back, sometimes I do something else.

(This is in reply to a post on Threads from a person who said she prefers a "pretty" back and not a scrappy one.  I say let the backing suit the quilt. I'm going scrappy here.)


Raining Cats & Dogs.

It had to in here.  It just had to.


And because it wasn't a race - I didn't need this to be done in a hurry - I trimmed all of my saved batting margins (Everything is at last 10'' wide) and zig-zagged them into a Franken-batting big enough to do the job.


It's like a free batting when we do this, right? Works for me.


And from here we got to quilting.

Click to Play:


And this is where we are.

I'm about half-way done.  I've chosen and cut a binding. Things are returning to normal.

The pattern for Waterford will be available in February.  So stay tuned on that one.

We have a lot of other things happening right here in October.

Ladder Star comes out as a PDF pattern on the 18th.  And you know what happens on Halloween, right?  

The intro post to this year's Quiltville Winter Mystery!  Yes, it's all coming up quickly!

And something that has been put off since the Friday that the power went out - Let's draw for the winners of our belated Diamond Tile Gift-Away!


Did you forget? Did you think that I forgot?  I didn't!


I'll be drawing for two winners who will each receive a Diamond Tile PDF pattern from me, and a Diamond Tile fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!

I can't wait to see what you make with this one!


Entry 653 out of 4371 entries is:


Paula Holder!


And entry 2785 is:


Shirley Eskey!

Ladies, please check your email inboxes for your notifications including your Diamond Tile quilt pattern.  

Reply to that email with your mailing addresses and I'll have the folks at  Cotton to Quilts get your fabric prizes out to you.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.  I really appreciate it!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

No matter what. Fact check and be kind. ⁣

Love y'all. That's all. ⁣

And if I sound hangry, it's because I have a 10am blood draw. 

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!


 

10 comments:

  1. another pretty scrappy bonnie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 AM EDT

    I can’t believe I finally won! Thank you! Paula Holter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:56 AM EDT

    Frakenbatting!! 🤣. I make it too but the word always makes laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the two ladies!!
    That's a beautiful quilt you have on the long arm. Can't wait for that to come out in February... Halloween will be here before you know it. Yay!
    Glad you are settled in now.
    Have a Sparkling day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Waterford- made during the time of Water. I'll be waiting for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:23 AM EDT

    The raining cats and dog fabric on the backing is too perfect!
    - Janice F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your scrappy backing and franken batting! I do both also, although I have never zig-zagged batting together. I'll have to try that. :-)
    Today's quote is so spot-on for me! Love it! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:34 AM EDT

    LOL, I’d say that’s a pretty AND symbolic backing: those cats and dogs came down and then had to “ford” the “water,” right? Pretty aptly named quilt even if that was not even remotely in mind when you named it. I like scrappy, Bonnie, and I also like “Scrappy Bonnie.” Scrappy Bonnie is strong, compassionate and the maker of quilts that in their construction symbolize the power of a patchwork of people working together to face challenges and heal from adversity. Stay scrappy! Cindy W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:52 AM EDT

    Waterford is absolutely lovely, and your pieced back is really fun. Glad to hear that Hubster is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandy Laseter11:06 AM EDT

    I make Frankinbatting when I can, too. Cost effective. Seriously satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)