>>>>

Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Rhapsody in Blues -


A morning blood draw appointment. A day in the office.  A day getting the inn ready for today's arrivals.  

And time to finish the quilting on my Waterford quilt.

Questions came up yesterday asking about the pantograph name.  I thought it was Random Fans - but it turns out it is Random Clams by Jessica Schick.

I love the texture of this one and scaled it so the arcs were about 3/4'' apart. I didn't want the quilting too dense, but I didn't want it too sparse either.  This did the trick.

I used a gold colored thread which blended through both light and dark areas without shouting too light on the navy blues, or too dark against the whites/creams.  I use this color a lot.


More texture in the making.


There is just something about two-color quilts.  I love them.  And the more variety in the fabrics the better.


Stitching lengths of binding on the diagonal with my Sew Q Laser. It makes cross-seaming from corner to corner super simple.


My fabrics range from 1980s all the way to "modern" fabrics. And the more you throw in, the better they play together.

The binding is an older Cranston VIP and I had just enough to get this binding job done.


Quilt wrangling at the 201!


Loads of binding flipping time ahead!


And guess who found the sunny spot?

And now for some local "Funny! That's Not Funny!


We got an alert at 5:45 am that our road was closed just up from our drive due to a semi truck being stuck.

This road was not meant for semis.  It's narrow.  It's steep.  And there are repeated S curves all the way down from the top.

It's scary for ME to be driving it in the dark - I'm always afraid some deer is going to jump out into the road. Or another car is going to come the other way hogging the road - and where do I go then?


How he managed to do this is beyond me!

All I can think is that since Hwy 58 is closed (The section where Hubster Dave got hit by the tree) they thought they could get up-and-over this way. It's fine for cars and some trucks.

Not for semis!


Rugby Fire & Rescue on Duty!

It's a good thing I go RIGHT at the end of my drive, not LEFT up this way.

Up on deck today?  Halloween decorating at the inn!

I got the boxes out of the cellar yesterday, it's time to put out our fall finery.

The Muddy Creek Misfits will be pulling in around 3pm.

Hooray - retreat house is back to full!


Quiltville Quote of the Day

Stop that little voice that is continually berating yourself inside your head.⁣
Negative self-talk is the internal voice that critiques, undermines, and second-guesses nearly every move we make.

Even on our best days, that little voice in our minds can belittle us, or tell us that we’re not good enough.⁣
You are enough. Start believing you are!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 AM EDT

    Thank you, thank you for your blog and what you do for all of us. You are so kind with your time you put into what you give us. Your comment at the end of your blog about self talk brought me to tears. Thank you for saying it. Hope your hubby is on the mend and you are ok. Happy decorating your Inn. Frances Ardizzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!
    What was that trucker thinking 😨.
    Well, it's sunny here this morning. I decorated for autumn 🍁 and Halloween 🎃 the other day.
    My brother in law lives in Sarasota and he's not evacuated!!! We are worried sick. Prayers for the families in the hurricane 🌀 way.
    Have a Sparkling day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20 AM EDT

    Hi Bonnie, to add to your encouragemtnt to "talk better to yourself," I was reminded Sunday that people who are positive and cheerful live longer, so there's that. Thanks for all the reminders, sometimes we need it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)