>>>>

Monday, October 14, 2024

These Are My Peeps -


I'm looking back 7 or so years in time when I was sitting on Lisa's stoop to her quilting studio in her back yard -

"I think I want to do this.  I want to buy this house and turn it into a retreat."

I pulled up the listing and started showing her photos - this was even before I had done a walk-through on my own to know if it would work or not.  It was just a listing with photos and bit of history of the place.

It felt like an impossible pipe dream.  And here we are.

These are folks who belonged to the Winston Salem quilt guild I belonged to when I livlburg, NC.

These are friendships now more than 15 years old.

And along with that core group of friends are new friends who come as fill-ins and alternates and our circles expand with room for all.


Diana sharing her newly completed top hot off the machine - with Ann photobombing from behind.


Cindy's sweet pink nine-patch in progress -


Ann's Bird's in the Air quilt just getting started -


I'm pretty sure this is Muriel's design wall.


Lisa has been piecing this quilt featuring the pockets from Hard Rock Cafe shirts belonging to a friend.


And another Lisa finish!

This one was made with a Bali Pop and is called Southport.  Loads of great open space for fun quilting designs.


There's a rooster in the henhouse!

That's Shelley's hubby Bob who brought her up for the day for a visit - she was unable to join us for the full retreat, but happy to have her come by and just hang out for a bit.


Ghostly and so cute!

Cindy dipped nutter butter cookies in white chocolate to turn them into ghosts, and used chocolate chips for the eyes - the attention to detail for this meal was incredible and so much fun!


This group comes witn 9 quilters.  Which meant there was an empty sewing spot for me, and that's just what I did.

I finished the binding/sleeve/label on Waterford.

And then I pulled out hexies - I just didn't want to dive into machine piecing.  I wanted the quiet of handwork and just being part of conversations.


This took most of the day just to add the aqua hexies around my center motif.


And finally - two sections joined.

This has been my travel project for the last several years, though I didn't travel for 3 years during Covid and it sat and sat.  It's just been the past year that I've been working on it as a travel project again.

In preparation for heading to my Dad's in November I think I'll be kitting up the aquas with enough to go around the motifs I've already made and have them in sets ready to grab and go. They will also be going with me in December to England, and in January to Australia. 

These kinds of projects have no deadline - just work on them as I can and they will get done eventually.

The Muddy Creek Misfits all headed home yesterday.  Their retreat time flew by so fast, but Lisa is off today to Raleigh to judge their quilt show, and everyone had work/life stuff to do.

Today?  Back to desk work for me.  It's a Monday like any other.

How was your weekend?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I know the thing I'm searching for has got to be around here somewhere. ⁣
I just saw it yesterday. ⁣
Can I find it? Nope!

It will turn up - eventually.

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone!



 

1 comment:

  1. How fun to see friends again! Old friendships are the best.
    Well I sold one of my Pfaff's on FB MP.. so one more to go and I'll be all vintage except for my Juki.😃
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)