>>>>

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Weekend of Quilting Ahead!


Patty got her Jack's Chain with her beautiful machine embroidered birds all together!

At least as far as it could go - there may be more rows added at home - but she's put together all that she brought with her to accomplish.

I have always loved the Jack's Chain pattern, and her addition of embroidery in the hexagon center is just.....chef's kiss!

Her response...it was all fun and games until it came to the Y seams.  LOL!

It was the perfect project to sew at retreat however, because you could engage yourself with your best group of friends, laughing, talking - and the pain of Y seams was almost bearable.


Sew far - Sew good!


There have been many binding applications happening!


Tiny baskets and Periwinkle Stars!


Some lovely Sister's Choice blocks in blue batik.


Betsy's yearly round of dated Christmas stockings for family Christmas trees.


IT IS Christmas in July, after all!

(Don't remind me!)


The beginnings of a very modern sampler!



I love that yellow green as the background!



Siobhan is digging deep into her Kaffe scraps and making this wonderful quarter log-cabin sort of design.

I love the stacked look of the blocks - it's going to be fabulous when finished!

Yesterday for me was out and about for Operation Haircut.

It always feels so good when that is taken care of, doesn't it?

Our sad thing - at least for us - our stylist is retiring!  She is moving on to a new adventure and we are so very excited for Shauna and the plans she has swirling in her head.

On the other hand - finding a good stylist comes with a lot of trial and error.  I dread finding someone new and I know I will go through a few really bad haircuts before I find the one that works for me.

On the upside - I won't need to worry about finding someone new until November as I've booked 2 more appointments - one late August, and one Late September before Shauna is done October 1st.

I wish her the best - but I'm going to miss her!


We were out to dinner the other night in West Jefferson and there is a Barn Quilt competition going on!

Each ticket purchase equals 1 vote, so I of course threw caution to the wind and bought 10 tickets for 10 votes.

Isn't this the most gorgeous thing? I love the colors!

The drawing is this afternoon so here's to wishing for some good luck.


Tuesday's stop on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I just love a clear summer day when I can see for miles and miles.


This weekend is for hanging out with the Pieceful Hearts gals and for fitting in some fabric pressing, cutting and sewing.

I know some of the ladies are heading up to Grayson Highlands to hike in search of ponies - and I look forward to the day when this brace is off and I can once again go up there.

I'm counting down to September!

How is your weekend shaping up?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

New experiences are the sweet spice of life! Get out of your rut and try something new!
Have you made a postage stamp quilt? I love how the navy squares chain through this one -
Have a wonderful weekend, peeps!


 

11 comments:

  1. Yes! I have made a postage stamp quilt!
    I have all the blocks made for Pine Tree Point, so I will pick it up from there...today.
    Love my Juki!! Thank you.
    Have a great weekend and take it easy.
    Blessings 💞🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone remember way back before the internet when you could write to fabric companies and for $3-$5 they would send you a box of 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" pieces of all of their fabric? I did that in the 70's and received several small boxes of these squares. Since I started off as a hand sewer, I would sit in the evening and make dozens and dozens of nine patches with these little pieces. I finally added white squares between the nine patches. I just kept adding a big long row to either side until it is a queen-sized top now. It took years but it was worth it. Most people now don't even know about getting these squares in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to get packs of 3" and 5" sqs from the fabric companies. still have some of them

      Delete
  3. Sso much Quiltiness! From blocks to bindings. It is all part of the journey! Inspiring and wonderful to Mr. Hope they find the ponies! September is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a new iPad so checking to see if I can post to your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pleasant day you have had. Love the scenic pictures. Looks like a fun time at the Inn. Wish I could be there! Lovely things being made. I've quilted for years and a couple of months ago I finally did some Y seams. Made me feel good to tackle that project. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:44 PM EDT

    Such beautiful quilts! Good luck on your 10 “votes”. Do you have instructions for those sweet little yearly Christmas stockings? Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:42 PM EDT

    I took pictures of my hair/head from various angles after a good haircut so when my stylist retires I’ll be able to show the next one what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:17 PM EDT

    Shop hop week on SW Virginia. Fun day going to Stuart, Galax, Wytheville and Radford. Other 3 towards the end of the week. Always amazes me how different each store is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:38 AM EDT

    I know exactly how you feel about losing your hairstylist! That just happened to me too! 😕 My suggestion: take a few pics right away of your hair from different views and take them to your new stylist at the end of the year. That way you don’t have to put into words what you want. Karen Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete
  10. on the stylist situation I would see if she recommends anyone in the shop! I was sad when mine said she was leaving the shop but she still cuts on the side... So we still go to her. It's hard to find someone who knows how to deal with cowlick bangs! LOL!
    On the quilty side of things, what a productive retreat! Hopefully they enjoy the hike and get to see the ponies. I am starting to wrap things up and get ready to head back to work. But, I am starting with going through my 1 & 1/2" strip bucket to make a scrappy log cabin wall hanging! Have a wonderful and restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)