>>>>

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Bindings, Sleeves & Snoozles!


This is how things roll around here.

Zoey would rather have her head ON the quilt in progress, than be under it.

And dang - she is so cute I just hate to move her to get to the next section!

This is your sneak peek progress report.  Are you ready for tomorrow's introductory post to our Hearts 0f Hope Sew-Along?

Be watching for it to post tomorrow morning. 


I found a mottled gold of undetermined age in the stash and had just enough of it to back the whole thing.

Some may think that the gold is not yellow enough, but Ukraine is known best for their wheat and their sunflowers - so in my book, that gives me a wide range of "yellow" fabrics to work with.

And I like putting contrasting sleeves on quilts.  This beautiful piece is one that's hard to cut small, so I've used it in larger amounts in borders and backings.  There was only 1/2 yard left so a sleeve it is.

The rain came yesterday - and with it came the Valley Quilters from all over Virginia and beyond!


I've pulled out the St Paddy's Day fun!


After playing traffic cop in the rain for an hour helping folks unload 2 cars at a time, and moving them to park behind the QPO so 2 more cars could pull up into the loading zone to offload - finding my coat drenched through - we met for a quick welcome chat in the dining room.

Oh, this is going to be a fun group - I can tell already!

Our weather is turning to really nice over the next few days and I'm down for it.  Hopefully there are some gals who want to get some good long walks in with me. 

Starting today!

We all need a break from the sewing machines from time to time!


What's going on here??

Well, since the emergency project AKA Hearts of Hope quilt sample is finished, I had some time to play while waiting for the Valley Quilters to arrive.

These are going into a long-term project I started a while back.  There will be more of this to come- but it's going to be quite a while before I have anything to show for it.

I spent time making these while catching up with Outlander on Starz.


Lola thought I needed help compacting the squares in the squares box. Silly girl!


To date you've helped raise over $47,000 through our Quilters For Ukraine GoFundMe which is feeding directly into Together Rising in their continued efforts to provide real support - boots on the ground support - for the people of Ukraine.

This continues to be a devastating situation. Our continued support is needed.

Gudrun is also hosting a sew-along using her HOPE pattern with proceeds from the pattern and her Hope for Ukraine fabric bundle all going into the GoFundMe (So you can see how your purchase helps!) and all will be turned over to Together Rising when we have met our goal.

There is more info and links to the patterns and fabric bundles under the Hearts 0f Hope Sew-Along at the top of the blog.

Thank you for everything you are doing to help!


Your response on our March '22 PDF pattern releases has been fantastic!  Thank you so much!

The Quiltville Etsy Store has been busy for those who prefer to order from Etsy and like the way that PDF patterns are delivered.

Just remember that you need to download your files through your computer browser after logging in to your account. It doesn't work from the app.

I will slowly as time allows put up other PDF patterns there as well.  Right now there are just the most recent dozen or so.  I have added an Etsy tab to the top of the blog for easy access.

The patterns for Monkey Business and Bear Branch are both marked 25% off in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Store.  No coupon needed.

Save even more with the Monkey Business & Bear Branch Pattern Bundle, only available for a limited time, through 3/31/22.

Of course, digital patterns, books, rulers, notions and other goodies as well as PDF patterns are available as always in the Quiltville Store on my website.


Did you enter the gift away yet?

I will be drawing for TWO winners who will each receive the Monkey Business & Bear Branch Pattern Bundle with one winner receiving a Facets of Brown Color Roll, and the second receiving a Facets of Aqua color roll from Cotton to Quilts!

Winner must have fabric prize shipped to a USA address.  If you are outside of the USA, we can send it to a friend within the USA who can forward it on to you.

Head on over to the Gift-Away post and enter to win.  

I'll draw for our two winners on Saturday, 3/26/22.

Good luck, everyone!


Quiltville Quote of the Day!

The attitude you bring to the day is what the day will bring to you.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Is there a plan for corned beef and cabbage at your house tonight!?



 

12 comments:

  1. I'm cheaping out with Ruben sandwiches. $25 for corned beef brisket per usual is just too much! I'd rather spend it on fabric! Marilyn Marks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi stretchmarks. I hope to make the guild meeting in April!

      Delete
  2. Bonnie, do you always do foundation piecing when making square in a square blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. There is never an "always" on anything. :)

      Delete
    2. :)

      My corned beef and cabbage (and red potatoes, carrots, and rutabaga) are in the crockpot making the house smell like Irish Heaven and my Irish tunes are playing on ALEXA. Top o' the day to you all!

      Delete
  3. I'm in Lancaster, PA at the moment so my glazed cornbeef will have to wait for next week.
    I'm a huge Outlander fan. I've read all the books except the latest since I'm almost finished with another series of 19 books focusing on time travel to 13th century Wales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, would like to know more the 13th century time travel book series, please share

      Delete
  4. I don't care for corned beef (my Irish grandmother was not happy about that). I did eat the potatoes and the cabbage that went with it though. I did like it when she made ham and cabbage instead; which she did every few years just for me. My hubby doesn't like cabbage at all, so instead of either ham or corned beef and cabbage, I make Shepherd's Pie. With Irish soda bread

    ReplyDelete
  5. No corned beef, but there was a green dessert tonight. Golden waves of grain. Still praying for Peace in Ukraine. Happy St Patrick's Day. Spring rains are bringing blooms. Saw my 1st Daffodil today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola has adapted to the slogan of "if it fits I sits". Love all the pet pictures. They look like so much fun. Bonnie thank you for all you do. I have made several of your quilts and had fun with all of them.
    Carolyn from deep East Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was no corned beef and cabbage at my place either. I did look at it, at the grocery store, but decided against it. I Made Sourdough zucchini bread for quilting Monday instead of my usual Green Pistachio cake. It was well received and ate!

    Since I am done working outside for the day, I guess I will go work on putting the outside border of the one quilt I am working on. Then I will finish the binding on my table runner. Then I can feelgood about completing 4 projects in a month, may be 5 before the end of the month!

    Have Good weekend everyone!

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK
    Where it got above freezing today, so I got more work done at the neighbors, before they get home in about a week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't able to get any corned beef, this year!! one butcher told they were supposed to get it, but it never came in---and no promise of any to come!! i will have ham, when i do a "boiled dinner", but for now, we are fasting on Conecuh sausage!! I love how your animals pose for photos! Mine are camera shy!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)