>>>>

Friday, October 15, 2021

Boxy Bow Ties - Release Day & Gift-Away!


Happy Friday, Quiltvillians!

Can you believe we have reached the middle of October?  Halloween is only 2 weeks away.

The time change is coming - many of us will be "Falling Back" an hour soon!

And as temps get colder and turn toward winter in this hemisphere, we are gearing up for snow days and loads of quilting in our cozy spaces inside.

If you are looking for an easy project with a big WOW factor - and NO TRIANGLES - my new printable PDF pattern Boxy Bow Ties may be just what you need!


Each block unit takes the smallest of scraps - It's a total scrap clean out!

While you can plan a specific color theme (This quilt would be GREAT as a Quilt of Valor in red, white and blue for instance) I used this quilt as a way to give purpose to many of the short strips in my Scrap User's System strip drawers.

There is SO MUCH VARIETY in these blocks!


Take a good peek!

And if you are worried about all of those seams, don't be.


If you press the way I tell you to, EVERYTHING will nest!  EVERYTHING!


It comes Zoey Tested, Zoey Approved!

My quilt finishes at 91'' X 91'' (only because I got a bit carried away making the block quarters as Leaders & Enders over many months! LOL!) But it is easily sizable to your needs by making fewer blocks.

As for my extras?


They ended up on the back!


Because - what's a girl supposed to do?

My backing fabric wasn't quite wide enough and I was able to make it work by piecing the leftover blocks in between squares of leftover border fabric.  Win Win!


Zoey thinks so too!

You'll find Boxy Bow Ties in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store! And to kick this excitement into gear, I've placed it at 25% off through 10/31/21 at only $9.00, No coupon required!




Don't forget that my Punkin Patch Runner is also marked 50% off at only $5.00 through 10/31/21 as well!

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.


AND! We are going to have a Gift-Away!

I'll be drawing for one winner who will receive the printable PDF pattern for Boxy Bow Ties for themselves AND a friend, along with this for both:


A This & That Fabric Roll from Cotton to Quilts!


Fabric Rolls are the perfect stash enhancement!  Each roll contains 20 different pieces measuring approximately 8 1/2'' X 21''  (fabrics may vary.)  And yes - there are neutral rolls too!  Go check them out!

Winner will be drawn on Monday 10/25/21.

The Muddy Creek Misfits are filling Quiltville Inn with much laughter and creativity.  And now that this release has happened - I'm headed over there to join them for breakfast as Susan's sausage and grits breakfast casserole is not to be missed!

Fire pit is happening tonight - it's our LAST nice day this week as rain is expected through the weekend.

What's up for your Friday ahead?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Life is not a race. Each day is different. ⁣
Don't gauge what you should accomplish today by what you accomplished yesterday or last week.
Just do what you can to the best of your ability.
And don't forget to listen to the birds singing.

Much love to you - Happy Friday!

 

22 comments:

  1. love the quilt, of course, really love the border and the backing. you are a great inspiration as always.
    MaryAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name really describes this quilt. It looks like a fun one to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great pattern! Love the back too! Sew fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pattern, always love looking at what you are up to. Pieced backings are so much fun! That fabric roll is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt turned out wonderful! I'll have to look for sausage and grit casserole recipes... sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quilt - my favorite patterns are scrappy ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might need that grits and sausage breakfast recipe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. What would you do without the amazing Zoey to pose with your quilts! You wrote that "everything will nest".....and sure enough the next thing on the blog is a picture of Zoey nesting on the quilt! Thanks for another fun pattern.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such an inspiration. Quilt is beautiful! Don't forget to take time for yourself...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for another great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your parting words of wisdom. As always you hit the mark. Love the boxy bow ties too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My scrap user system is very small so far and not even completely set up, but last night I pulled all the 1 1/2" neutral strips to add to the sashing rectangles for Winter Blues. I was so happy to finally USE it and not just put things INTO it! Also, I now have a bucket for strings and a bucket for crumbs as I cut fabrics. Maybe I'll never really do anything with them, but I at least now can put them somewhere rather than feeling guilty about throwing them away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at “scrap clean out”. It really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks terrific! Sure wish I was there for the bonfire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your scrappy quilts the best! Can't wait to dig into my scrapsbfor this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just another awesome scrappy quilt......thank you Bonnie for all the awesome work you do for us quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all you do! I like your new pattern. I wish I had you energy!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that quilt, well done. I almost expected to see a bird in a nest as I was scrolling past your paragraph about the seams, but found a gorgeous dog instead, well and truly nestled.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Bonnie. The quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beautiful quilt. Well done our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your teal shoelaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome quilt!!!! The fabric bundle would work well in this quilt, too. Thanks for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)