>>>>

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

What a Wowzer of a Monday!

20180715_110454
This is your one quilty photo of what has been going on here – both behind the scenes and in front of them!

I’m packing up for my big trip to Hershey, and I also used my Sunday home to prepare for what is going on in AUGUST in Pennsylvania as well!

There is a Surprise class on the horizon, and handouts needed to be written.

I’m excited about this one – so excited that I have a surprise for those who are unable to attend this class as well – just wait – it’s coming!

As I unpack the rest of my gear from last week’s Michigan adventure – washing the clothes and basically putting them back in my suitcase with a few other additional items (Three workshop days plus a lecture in Hershey!) I came across some of the fun items from this trip:
20180714_071142

My commemorative Big Brownie shirt from the Brown Trout Festival!

Son Jeff has quickly claimed this as HIS – and that makes me happy too!  Every time I see him wearing it I’ll remember the fun times we had.  

I love bringing things that I can put right to good use:

20180715_085421

LOVE this syrup warmer!

I have a small pottery syrup warmer at the cabin, and have wanted one for home.  I love hand thrown pottery – and this is perfect.  As a REAL maple syrup snob, just a pour of syrup into the pot, and a quick 20 seconds in the microwave is all I need for a breakfast of perfection.

The rest of the family doesn’t like real syrup – preferring that corn syrup laden Mrs. Butterworths instead, so I’m a lucky girl getting to keep my real maple syrup to myself.  Anything left in the warmer after I’m done with breakfast gets drizzled back into the original syrup bottle – I am frugal with every drop of maple-y goodness!

20180715_085624

I love upcycled vintage silverware!

This is genius!

One spoon plus one severed hollow knife handle becomes a beautiful place for just a few toothpicks.

20180715_095829

Breakfast at it’s best!

The little Pure Michigan syrup was a gift from the Gone to Pieces Quilt Guild.

And yes, peanut butter is my butter of choice when it comes to things like pancakes, waffles or French toast.  If I’m going to butter anything – at least I get the benefits of fiber and protein instead of just butter fat.

Want something REALLY decadent?  Slice some banana on top of that peanut butter before adding a drizzle of maple syrup.  Now we’re talkin’ Breakfast!

The other thing I love from any trip is re-going through the photos taken, still residing on my phone.  Always in love with old houses – check these out.  The last house shown in the slide show is now a mortuary, and you’ve got to see the hearse at the end.  Of COURSE I had to stop and take photos!

Click to play:


Yesterday was a Manic Monday – a noon time drive out to Yellow Freight brought us this:

July 16, 2018 at 10_30PM

What a Load!

This is all Quilter’s Date Keepers and Quilty Pencils.  Time to get busy getting those orders filled and out on their way to you!

I have an apology to make to some folks who are still waiting.  My inventory was wrong on what we had in stock on Triangle Booty Rulers with the last batch. Finding myself extremely low with orders coming in, I contacted my supplier for more.

This past week her mother’s health has taken a turn and she had to quickly leave and go take care of her mother – understandable.  Families come first. 

But what I am experiencing is a crazy set of circumstances in motion that is preventing me from sending orders that included the Triangle Booty Ruler until those rulers arrive.  I had hoped they would be here yesterday.  They weren’t.  If they don’t arrive today, they will be shipped when I return from Hershey.

In the entire scheme of things – rulers don’t matter as much as family.

And family is something that is heavy on my mind these days as my brother Mark continues to struggle with his brain cancer.  I can’t go into details, but tears come quickly and often.  Please keep the prayers and the well wishes coming.  I can’t imagine living the rest of my life without him.

The next time I am free to fly to Arizona to see him is right after Labor Day.  That’s 6 weeks away, and I don’t know how he will be by then.

This whole winding down of my crazy travel schedule began in earnest last August when the cancer came back.  I need a way to be available to my family without disappointing guilds, shops, shows with contracts.  Contracts can no longer rule my life.  Family is more important.  

Family is even more important than quilting.  There. I said it.

And I just don’t know what is going to happen between now and Labor Day.

20180717_073122

My spot of contemplation this morning.

I’ve been taking time out on the back porch while home  - enjoying the sounds of birds calling back and forth, and thinking about my day and what needs to be done and how I’m going to do it.  Peace in the morning, sets the tone for peace in the day.

I’m packing for Hershey FIRST – getting everything I need into the van so I am ready to roll, and then I’ll be tackling what book orders I can up until bedtime.

The rest will wait until I return.

July 17, 2018 at 07_14AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day.

Sometimes we need to embrace the change that is happening in our lives, instead of fighting it.

There are some things I am flighting, and fighting hard --

Accepting the change may come later.



61 comments:

  1. no words- but prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep your brother and his family in our prayers, may he feel the love of others as he battles cancer. Family is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one whose life has been turned upside down by cancer, I totally understand how you feel. Indeed family above everything else is most important. My heart goes out to you. Please know that my prayers are with you, your brother, and the whole family. I pray that you may find strength, comfort, and peace. Hugs! See you in Hershey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bonnie, In my 3rd year now of my own cancer battle, I truly understand your concerns for your brother. I pray God will bless and confort him, and that you might be blessed to spend more time with him. Family is so important and a big part of why I am still here. Thank you for your posts, it is the other reason I am still here, it brings me such joy to make quilts for my family. Safe travels for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending my prayers for you and yours; family indeed comes first...we have them for a short while and then we have to shoulder on. Glad to see you taking time for yourself...be gentle with your own self...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bonnie my heart breaks for you and your family. Brain cancer is awful. Its tedious and relentless. My prayers are with you and your family. Sending my love too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers and positive vibes from me to you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for Mark and the family. Your job is important but family always comes first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for your brother and for you. I lost a sibling to cancer and can relate to some of what you and your family are going through. As others here have said, family is always first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Maple syrup sounds yummy! A Surprise class would be Fun. Sorry about the struggles Mark is having. I am praying for your peace .

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have started making our own maple syrup. I have discovered it is a great replacement for sugar in my coffee in the morning. Hubby is going to have to make more next Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand about your brother. One of my three brothers passed in December last year. Hubby has lung cancer that has spread. My life is crazy right now... hugs and love lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No words can convey my feelings for you and all your family. I will keep you in my prayers Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was thinking the same as Miss Cats and Miss Linda - go see your brother. If anyone has a heart they will understand and reschedule.....you need this. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was little the only syrup I liked was plain white corn syrup. Really disappointed if a restaurant didn't have it. Now I really love Maple Syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just a thought, could one of your quilt instructor friends take your place on your England trip so you can get to see your brother? I know travellers would be disappointed but they would understand. Take care of yourself during these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joining my prayers with those of many others for your brother, and for you. Family is top priority, we'll understand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for reinforcing decisions to make family first. The quilting and sewing and dusting will always be there. Many of us have experienced that family will not. Your positive blogs and quotes have gotten me through many of a difficult day and I thank you again for that. Merry from CA.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Continued prayers for your brother and your family. Safe travels to Hershey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prayers for your brother, ((((hugs)))) for you

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am entering the one year aniversaries of my dear sweet husband loosing his battle to a 7 yr stint with Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis cancer. I miss him terribly. Alot of I "should of" and "could of" to deal with. I stayed home from work the last 6 weeks with him. So glad I did. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prayers and love sent to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Know what you mean about real maple syrup. shhh! don't tell anyone, I have been know to lick the plate. Prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just an FYI - organic butter is a healthy fat and healthy fats are necessary for our bodies

    ReplyDelete
  25. Words can be hard to express in situations like this. But our hearts and personal prayers are with you, Bonnie, in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  26. DH is cringing at the thought that someone else enjoys peanut butter on breakfast carbs! He swore that I'm the only weirdo that does that. And, YES, bananas and real maple syrup! I also have a hand-thrown pottery pitcher for heating the syrup, but I do love the size of yours. Sending positive thoughts your way for Mark and your family. After some of the uplifting things that had gone his way, this must feel like a kick in the teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bonnie, I've been thinking of and praying for Mark since I heard you mention his cancer on a recent Quiltcam. My younger brother has been fighting a rare form of Non-hodgkins, and just suffered his second relapse in Jun (I was with him and his wife when the doctor gave us the shocking news). He is now trying a rare expensive drug targetting his specific type of cancer, which the drug company compassionately agreed to fund. I'm lucky I live only an hour away, so have been able to help with his hospital stays and their boys. Praying all goes well and he's able to get the second stem cell transplant (maybe as early as August). Praying for you and yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My prayers are with you and your family. I am still dealing with the loss of my son in May. Be with your family everyone will understand.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweetie, hugs. If your gut is telling you you need to go spend time with your family, trust it and do it. People will GET OVER IT. It seems so difficult to do, but it may be IMPERATIVE.

    oh a lighter note, however does your DH handle all those pallets when he gets home and you don't have a forklift - or did you buy a forklift???? goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  31. For decades my family and I have loved real maple syrup, and butter not margarine. I would love a small warming pot as it is just me at home now. I'll be on the look out for one in my travels. Prayers for Mark and family, healing and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  32. time is money, but family is priceless. Prayers said for your family.


    ReplyDelete
  33. So sorry that your brother Mark is struggling with his cancer. Prayers for him and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sending good thoughts and vibes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  35. As I sit and read your post my heart goes out to you. My dear hubby has been fighting cancer, just had heart valve surgery, and the list goes on. I don't know how much time I have left with him, and so many days are stole away by his dementia. Treasure each and every day you have with your loved ones. Yes, family comes first. Take care dear "friend". You mean so much to do many. May peace and love surround you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sorry to hear Mark isn't doing well. I hope you can see him soon.

    I have always eaten real butter and real syrup (I grew up in New England). I have not tried peanut butter and syrup, but they're both favorite things, so I see the combo in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Praying for your family and especially Mark. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Family always comes first! Prayers for your brother and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Family is always the priority..praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  40. so sorry to hear about your brother and the near future. I have lost 2 siblings but last summer when my sister went from healthy to on a ventilator in a matter of weeks, my heart just broke. God Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  41. So sorry to hear about your brother, you are all in my prayers and thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. My prayers and Heartfelt wishes go out to you, Mark and the whole family. I lost my baby sister to cancer last July;not brain cancer, but still cancer. I am glad I got to go down and spend most of her last month with her, in Ontario, OR. I shall cherish the time we were able to spend together.

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK

    ReplyDelete
  43. Bonnie go to be with your brother. You will never forgive yourself if you don’t. Most quilters are your sisters and will understand. Those who don’t, well you don’t need them anyway. Prayers and thoughts are with you. Go..........

    Ann in Red Lion PA

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sending good wishes to you and the family.
    Regarding stock - things happen and so we deal with it as best we can. A lot of things are beyond our control and we ride the bumpy road and eventually it works out. Nobody is perfect - although there are those who would disagree there! LOL!

    MMMMMMMM! Maple syrup! My relative in Toronto always brings some when she visits. We have run out - I hope she comes over soon!!! Now I do love banana and strawberry jam sandwiches. If you add clotted cream to it not only do you have a cholesterol special - you have a poor man's cream tea with extra fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your brother will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Prayers for Mark and family. Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  47. Prayers coming your way Bonnie for your whole family. Time with family can,t be replaced. I just lost my cousin last week--so time is important.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Prayers for your brother, Mark, and for all the decisions that you need to make for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  49. For sure. FAMILIES DO COME FIRST. The sooner you accept it and be comfortable with that choice the better you will be able to cope.
    Orders will be there when you return and they will always be there when the purchaser receives them and they sit on their shelf for many months before actually being used.
    I have just lost my FIL and am not looking forward to the funeral. So many bad things have happened with the family & to all be in the same room is so hard. I will miss my FIL. Family times are to be treasured...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Prayers and positive thoughts for your brother and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Prayers for your brother health and for you as you deal with "changes" whatever they may be. It may be "you" that has to make the "changes" not others. Go with your heart & family first. Hugs always.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Having been a palliative care and hospice social worker I have learned the importance of living life so there are no regrets. YOU need to do whatever it is so you have no regrets in relation to your brother. Each of us is different in that regard. Paying God's peace for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Praying for you and your family as you travel this unknown road. Classes and presentations can be canceled and rescheduled. Follow what your heart, not your calendar, tells you. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Sending prayers for you and your family. Follow your heart Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Prayers for strength for you and your family Bonnie.....

    ReplyDelete
  56. Happy to hear of your workshops and Adventures! Sending prayers for your brother as family does come first

    ReplyDelete
  57. Prayers for you & family. Just lost my 95 year old Mom & the thing I'm really thankful for is the time I had to prepare myself for her leaving. Sometimes that's a blessing! Hope all turns out well though. You are lifed by many who love and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  58. So many prayers for you and all in your family as you go through this difficult time. "Cancel" is the word to remember. The shows, the orders, etc. will not go away, but your health can. The extra stress you must be feeling is horrific. Be kind to yourself, take some breathing room, extend order delivery time temporarily and cancel shows if needed. Your health is important and without it, you wouldn't be able to do all those things anyway.Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Whoops. I am "unknown" from previous comment.�� Let's hope I do it right this time.��

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)