>>>>

Friday, July 20, 2018

Busy as a Moth in a Window!

20180719_164018
We started off yesterday morning with a bang and a flurry of activity!

Students were anxiously waiting for doors to open outside of my classroom --- 8am, and we were ready for all of the rolling in and setting up of machines, unpacking of project boxes, ready to set needle to fabric and SEW!

It’s always fun to meet up again with folks that I haven’t seen in a while – perhaps we have met somewhere else before and reunions were many.

I let the students get all of their stuff in gear while the show helpers and I ran my trunk show and book signing stuff up to the luncheon location to set up for my noon-time lecture to come.

And back to class I went – heart pounding, ,ready to get this day off to a great start.  And we did!

20180719_101238


40 moth making quilters!

20180719_103219

Pressing and cutting while chatting up a storm.

20180719_113235

Ready to set those moths a whirling –

Triangles on a string!

20180719_144451

We were well on the way by the time lunch arrived!

20180719_121558

Luncheon is served!

20180719_121613

All of these ice teas are NOT for me --

But I could have drank that many!

x

Hahahahaha!!

This is a shrink wrapped bundle of gifted phone books ready for happy string piecing retreaters at Quiltville Inn!  I laughed so hard!

And back to class I went --

20180719_154415

Beautiful blocks in Christmas fabrics!

20180719_160329

So much scrap happiness in the making!

20180719_155259

So grateful to Signature thread for our door prizes!

Gift packs of beautiful Signature 60 3-ply!

All of the rest of our activity is in the video below.  Click to play and enjoy:


We went all the way to 5pm - what a day!


20180719_203232

Dinner with my friend Jill and her “rocket launcher” car!

Jill has “Ta-Da Quilting Studio” in Erie, PA – and I don’t get to see her often enough.  I was laughing about the “Rocket Launcher” on the top of her car, but in actuality it is ingenious! She is an Innova long arm dealer, and when she goes to set up a new machine at the home of its new owner, the rails go in the long tubes on the top of her car, the machine head and legs and all other parts fit in the back of the car – and away she goes without having to pull a trailer.

At one point on our journey back to the hotel, we ended up having to do a u-turn in the middle of the street, and I said “Look!  We are pole dancing!”  LOL.

So fun to have some time to be silly with a friend.

Today we are off and at it again, another class of 40 for Garden Part from the Addicted to Scraps book.  The same book for yesterday’s Moth in the Window, and tomorrow’s Wanderlust class. 

Another fun day of playing in the scraps ahead!

Did you get your entry in on this week’s Quilty Box Gift-Away?  Remember to enter ON THAT POST.

IMG_20180720_062409_472

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage hexagon quilt found in Verona, Virginia

No one wants to hear what others think we should or should not be doing.

I've made it this far with my own decisions. And so have you!

It’s Friday!  Make it a good one!


9 comments:

  1. love this pattern bonnie....oh the combos possible with fabric...all gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas fabric one, looks like presents with a bow on top. Ha! pole dancing quilters that would be quite a site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I buy one of those Signature thread sets? I keep trying to find it on the internet without any luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you and Jill could have lunch together! We in Erie and North East love you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to find the large size phone books around here! What a great "gift"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce T....look at Red Rock Threads on the Web.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am determined to make Moth In The Window one day from my stash of plaid shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun packed day, beautiful blocks and everyone looks like they are having so much fun.
    I had to chuckle when I saw you with the phone books, and your friends rocket launcher car.
    Hope today is as much fun for you all.
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)