>>>>

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A Quilt Top Finish and a Quilty Box Drawing!

20180723_122442
Small machine, small desk, big quilt top!

But it’s done!

It’s been fun having a driving trip with my own machine and STUFF with me – and I know that taking ONE DAY as an interim day between the bustle of Hershey, and all that awaits at home was worth it.

Uninterrupted progress time.

There wasn’t much room for layout, and no outside photo ops happened either as the rain kept everything waterlogged --

But here we have it on carpeted floor:

20180723_123224

Yes, still needs a better pressing.

But it is DONE!  And I like it!

20180723_123244

YAY!

Figuring out a backing and quilting awaits for when I get home.

20180724_065817

This also happened!

I’ve got a good handle on what is coming up!  We are almost at the end of July – guess what happens in only 3 months?  And I need at least the TOP completely made before I can release yardage requirements for this year’s upcoming Quiltville Mystery. 

Last evening, when all sewing was put away making ready for my departure this morning, I drew the two winners of this month’s Quilty Box from 4005 entries!

2313_1

Joyce Wilson was entrant 2313 and  will be receiving the full sized Quilty Box!

551

Virginia Godino will soon have a Quilty Box Mini winging its way to her!

Ladies, I have sent you each an email asking for your mailing addresses.  Please get back to me so the kind folks at Quilty Box can get your goodies off to you!  Congrats!

Here are some highlights to keep in mind:
  • Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
  • 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
  • Each month we have 4 or more products (fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
  • Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
  • July’s Quilty Box Featured Artist will be Sarah Watson 
  • The next Quilty Box will ship around August 11th. Subscribers will need to purchase before August 10th to receive this shipment.
  • We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
Thank you Quilty Box for allowing us these fun gift-aways!

I’m grabbing a bit of breakfast, heading on the road home.  I’ll catch you from there!

July 24, 2018 at 06_53AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage Periwinkle Star quilt found in Verona, Virginia.

Truth sometimes slaps you in the face. This is one of those.

I’ll be thinking of this one all the way home.

Have a great Tuesday, folks!



13 comments:

  1. Bonnie, what magazine was the pattern for the Tile block in? Love the quilt!!!

    Cheri Searles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Searched Bonnie's block for Diamond Tile, paged down and viewed this post April 8, 2018, Sunday - . . . these fun Diamond Tile blocks, featured in the May/June 2018 issue of Quiltmaker Magazine –

      Delete
    2. Quiltmaker May/June '18. Thought I'd answer your question...the magazine. Is sitting right next to me.😊

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt!! Yay for the mystery, I always look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my new Quiltmaker yesterday. It has a fun Addicted to scraps block and your Right Way Round! Mixing two blocks made a Great quilt! I'll never forget when you realized the 'wrong way' blocks in Battleground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrat's to the winners. Can't wait for the next Mystery quilt to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all you do. I love the way your quilt came out. The outside border fabric is so calming to e.

    Patty B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Joyce and Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mystery quilt time! Cannot wait to see what you come up with this
    year! Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always so impressed with all that you are able to accomplish! Thank you for making time for quilty friends! Love the quote of the day, too. God bless you in your travels and your efforts with the Quiltville Inn. I had to watch your tour video again today. It's just a beautiful property. Thank you for saving it! One day I hope to sit on that front porch and bind a quilt with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Bonnie I'm looking forward to receiving my fabulous Quilty Box

    ReplyDelete
  10. So far. I have 40 diamond blocks made in between three other projects! I liked the diamond blocks so much that I made a larger version by doubling all the sizes in the original published block. It too is very special and will be given to our postal carrier when he marries later this year.Thanks for all you do on behalf of all your supporters!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am guessing Newspaper Release: black & white and "read" (red) all around.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)