>>>>

Monday, July 16, 2018

Fine Finishes From The Mitten!

20180716_075122
It was another crazy travel day on Saturday – the kind that you just shake your head, and go with the flow because everything is out of your control.

And if there is nothing you can do about it, just look at it as another “sit and stitch” activity.

And I did!

The binding was sewn down, the hanging sleeve sewn down, the label – sewn down.

I think I like this finishing of small projects thing – It felt like I was sewing with the wind as I turned corner after corner in rapid succession, because those sides were not so long.

And the project fit in my lap, didn’t drape on the floor.

20180714_141351


On the plane – then off the plane!

There are two flights out of Alpena, MI on any given day.  This was the LAST flight of the day at 1:15pm.  And something went wrong with the air-conditioning on the plane – which could be a sign of a larger problem so we waited until they could bring us a spare plane from somewhere else and get us on our way.

Those who stitch have no problem keeping themselves busy.  And I answered questions from folks who walked by to check out what I was doing.

Alpena has ONE gate.  You have to go OUT of security to even use the bathroom, and then have to go through the entire security process again to re-enter the waiting area, so my drinking was minimal! LOL

20180714_163918

Finally headed toward Detroit!

Once the binding and sleeve/label stitching were done I turned toward my phone to gaze at the beautiful quilt photos – quilts shared during our lunch break on our Wonky Wishes workshop day.

We had a wonderful array of Quiltville Mystery Quilts on display!

20180713_124953

A beautiful En Provence in Blue and Yellow --

Was Joined by:

20180713_125217

It’s sister in purple, rose and yellow!

I love how each quilter went with their own vision of where they wanted this quilt to go!

20180714_070317

Where there was ONE Grand Illusion quilt --

20180713_125415

There were soon two side-by-side!

Lovely!

20180714_070257

Allietare came out to say "Buongiorno!" 

And I love the conversations that happen around the room:  “How do you pronounce that?!”  “I have mine in a box somewhere – I need to finish that!”  “Wow, that is gorgeous – I could never do that.”  And the resounding chorus of “Yes you can!  Just one step at a time, one week at a time!”  Thank you to all of my enablers and convincers.  YES WE CAN!

20180714_070240-001

Celtic Solstice stole the show!

Especially with this backing treatment:

20180714_070215

VERY COOL!!

I loved my time with the Gone to Pieces Quilters in Alpena, Michigan.  I hope to see many of them at the Grand Hotel Needle Art Seminar on Mackinac Island next May, 2019!

While all of this was going on – I was receiving text messages with photos from friends on the other side of the country, attending the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in beautiful Sisters, Oregon.  Quiltville Quilts were on parade there too!

IMG959951

A pair of On Ringo Lake Quilts side-by side!

I would love to know what these ladies are thinking as they read the info cards!

IMG959945

Someone finished their Lozenges Leader & Ender challenge!

Pattern available under the free patterns tab.

If only these scraps could talk!  I love how colorful this is.

IMG_2086

Smith Mountain Morning from Scraps & Shirttails II on the left.

Jamestown Landing from String Fling on the right!

And a resting hubby in the middle!  LOL!

Today is the beginning of a new week.  And it’s kicking off with a bang.  Today we pick up the next Quilter’s Date Keepers and Quilty Pencils shipment from Yellow Freight – coming in on pallets.  I just got off the phone with them, and their computer system is down and they are calling me back.

Here is how I am going to work this.  I am headed to Hershey on Wednesday.  Classes run Thursday through Sunday. I will be returning on Tuesday – coming down I-95 corridor on Monday and stopping to pick up furniture for Quiltville Inn on my way.  I’m planning to overnight it near Richmond.  And then head on Tuesday to Raleigh where I am meeting up with Pepper Cory who is gifting many of her quilting reference books to the Quiltville Inn library.  I am so excited about housing her books!  I will be back home on Tuesday  evening.

That leaves me ONE WEEK to get orders out before heading to Louisville, Kentucky to teach for a 4 day retreat for 50 quilters there.  I drive home August 5th – have August 6th to pack, and I’m off to England and the Birmingham Quilt Festival with a group of quilters on the 7th.  I’m returning the 18th of August.

I then have FOUR DAYS home before heading back to Pennsylvania for two back to back weekend events in conjunction with Mary’s Quilt Shop in Bedford, PA.

My head is spinning.

Merchandise is being added to the store on a PRE-ORDER basis, and orders will be shipped in as quickly a manner as possible when I am here to ship them. 

I have added 350 Quilter’s Date Keepers and 350 Quilty Pencil Sets to the Quiltville Store.  When those orders are filled and on their way, I will add more merchandise.

Ready, set go!

July 16, 2018 at 07_36AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Just something I needed reminding of this morning.

Have a wonderful Monday!


11 comments:

  1. My heading is spinning just reading about what you have to do!! You must have a great sense of pride seeing your patterns reproduced time and time again all over the country and world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st year in a while that I didn't get to Sister's. Last year I met up with Lori and Randy in the Park .loved seeing what I missed. I spent Saturday Quilting at home in my basement. Temps are over 100 degrees so the basement is the best place to be !

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your schedule, you need your me time and family time soon, take of yourself with all of your running around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm leaving home about noon Wednesday to head to Hershey. Wave if you see a red GMC Terrain from MD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading about your travels for the next month has me exhausted. Good luck and drive carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leaving CT to take your moth in the window class on Thursday. Quilting and a visit with my mom and sister who I'n staying with in Harrisburg. Great way to spend a weekend! Can't wait to meet you! Kitted things up last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie,
    Looking forward to your lunchtime lecture on Thursday at Hershey! Wondering if you might be interested in a few items I’d be glad to give you for the Quiltville Inn. I sent you an email but not sure if I have the correct address, so if you don’t get it and are interested, let me know (lkoster71@msn.com). See you Thursday! Safe travels!
    Lil Koster

    ReplyDelete
  8. If there are any of you going on the England trip, I have read their high temperature at this time of year is in the low seventies and the low temp can be in the fifties. Is everyone taking long pants over capris?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I’m so in love with that blue and yellow En Provence!!! I really need to make a quilt in those colors. I don’t know how you keep up with your schedule...I’d be a basket case. I bet you’re looking forward to slowing down and spending more time having people come to you. I was watching one of your 2015 quIltcams last night and you were talking about the possibility of setting up a retreat center when you were ready to come off the road. Now to see it happening....how cool is that! I would give anything to live in the area and be able to handle your shipping center in the old post office. Wonder if I could talk the hubs into moving across the country so I could do that???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such a busy lady, don’t forget to make time in all this rush to just sit and breathe lol.
    The gorgeous quilts on show must make you so proud like a mother viewing he baby taking their first steps.
    Take care of yourself wish I could come and meet you in Birmingham but the cost was too much for me just now, have safe journeys.
    Love and quilty hugs

    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you have any time for sewing........
    I am tired just reading about your schedule!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)