>>>>

Monday, October 02, 2017

Putting Today On Hold.



This morning the sun is rising over Las Vegas, Nevada – the same way it did when I took this photo in August of 2015.

I awakened to a much different sunrise here in Virginia – and then my morning completely changed when I heard the news, first through Facebook and then through Google about what had transpired in Las Vegas overnight.

My heart, my mind, my soul ---just can’t accept this.

It’s one thing when nature’s wrath forces a disaster such as forest fires, hurricanes and floods or tornadoes on us – but this?

I can’t find the words to express how I feel right now, so I’m just leaving this message here for those friends in Nevada.

I’m thinking of you – I'm hopeful you are okay.

As fear overtook me this morning, I turned quickly to something my mom always reminded ME of as a child.

I grew up watching Mr. Rogers.  My kids grew up watching Mr. Rogers.
MV5BMjAxOTk4MjUyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTI5MDQyOA@@._V1_UY317_CR8,0,214,317_AL_

He often taught through his own remembrances of being a small child.

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

I have often thought of this simple statement throughout the past month.

From fires to hurricanes, to floods – and shootings.  There have ALWAYS been helpers to set an example.

Thank you, Mr. Rogers for comforting the inner child within all of us.  You taught me oh, so many life lessons, and I still call them up when life requires that I need them with me.

10_2_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day.

Thank heavens for all of the helpers both in law enforcement, medical teams and regular folk who did what they could to help those in distress. It's a crazy world, and we grow together by helping each other.

I’m headed home this morning, my thoughts just whirling in my head.

I will catch up with you later this evening, when I draw for the winner of the Quiltmaker Bundle.

Find SOMETHING beautiful in your world today and be grateful for it.

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Bonnie. My son and his fiance just left Vegas last evening after attending a wedding. I am so thankful for their check in when they landed at their home airport. Such fear struck my heart this morning when I opened my computer. I am blessed to know mine are safe, My heart aches for those who are searching for loved ones. My heart cries for those not so fortunate. I am humble today for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thought!!! "Look for the Helpers".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got up hearing my DH with the news on his iphone. So sad! I watched Mr Rogers too. My DH has been referred to him at times. Especially when he wears a sweater. Good to have the "Helpers". Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I will find a way to be a helper to someone......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers to those in Las Vegas and those at the concert from all over. Let us all come together to strive for Peace not senseless acts if harm. Safe travels to you Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, praying for all! Thanks Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Bonnie, for reminding us to look for helpers. I will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first learned about the Vegas tragedy this morning in a FB prayer request for someone who grew up in my little town and his family. Didn't understand it. Then I saw the news report and did. He's a cop in Las Vegas. He and his family are OK. I just don't understand how anyone could think they can make their world better by shooting, killing, injuring total strangers. It makes no sense whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Las Vegas (far from the strip) and was woken up by our son this morning, checking on us. He lives in NC and heard it on the news. We're fine, but I am planning to go donate blood within the next couple of days. Right now a lot of donation sites are busy and they will still need blood over the next few days.

    Listening to the local news, our First Responders and a lot of people at the concert site were definitely helpers and did a great job. The city will need everyone's good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for the many who are hurting on this day. And thank you for sharing that precious thought, Bonnie. May we always find the helper in us whenever there is a need for one to step forward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who would have thought Mr. Rogers would bring comfort in a time like this? Thank you for the quote - it is perfect for today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The events of today leaves me quite numb. I feel for the friends and families who have lost loved ones and those fighting for their lives. Thank you to Mr Rogers and the helpers and thank you Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank youfor an important Quote of the Day.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)