>>>>

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Open Hearts Open Minds Open Doors!

20170314_134734
How cute are these sisters who sew together?

From what I understand, each one AND their mother all decided to dig into our En Provence Mystery without telling the other, and then found they were all doing it!

I just love the stories of how relationships are strengthened, problems are worked through, new skills are learned, along with a good solid dose of laughter and good times making memories while we stitch on through the holidays.

I just loved this pair in our Scrappy Mountain Majesties workshop in Grand Haven, Michigan yesterday.  And getting to spend the day with these ladies was a bonus.


20170314_102522

I got to see a vintage 70s Necchi Alicia in the wild!

She was found at a local antique mall, complete with manual and stitches like a dream.  All metal, no plastic.  Ahhhh, this is when Necchi was top notch!  A bit heavier than a featherweight, but worth it.  That chocolate brown?  Just dreamy!

20170314_100342

We stitched miles of large half square triangles!

Strut your stuff, Diane!

20170314_100631

Impressive pressing, pressers!

20170314_143108

Some squaring up, some slicing and rearranging and we were ready to assemble!

20170314_134838

Busy hands stitching pairs!

I love this quilt block, and I love teaching this class.  It’s fast, it’s easy, it’s pretty much fool-proof!  And there are so many layout possibilities.  Have you made a Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt yet?  Simply start with a stack of 8 1/2’’ squares and you’ll soon be on your way to arranging blocks in any number of ways.

20170314_160834

Barn Raising!

20170314_140548

Jagged Diamonds!

20170314_140114

Lanterns!

20170314_142334

Zig-Zags!

You’ll find all of the fun in our slide show below:



And I want to Thank the Lighthouse Quilt Guild for putting on such a fabulous two day event.  It’s an inside joke, but they’ll know what I mean when I say “I will never run out of pens again!!”  Hahahah!

20170314_130619

And to this sweet lady –I love you to bits!

Diane just has the most fun personality and she can make ANY room into a party just by her being there.  She gifted me with this Quilt Villa, Virginia banner during our lunch time show and share, which I’ll be posting tomorrow.  I love this so much, and I know right where it is going to go in the new cabin.

TWO MORE SLEEPS!!


And 2 more sleeps until THIS too!

This is happening VERY SOON! I have a giveaway bundle worth over $300 that will be up for grabs during this coming weekend. I will be posting the link you need to use to get to the giveaway for my bundle on my blog on FRIDAY. (The day we close on the new cabin! YAY!) You will click the link to enter – and hopefully WIN!

Be looking for the link and the info to direct you to where to go in FRIDAY MORNING’S post.

There are over 200 shows you can watch for Free on The Quilt Show during this event, and more fun and prizes are being offered by other designers as well – so be ready to celebrate QUILTING WEEKEND with us!

Did you notice in the slide show above – the words “Open Hearts Open Minds Open Doors” on the walls of the church gym where our workshop was held?  Talk about powerful.

Just think about it.

3_15_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Our hearts and minds are like parachutes. They don't work unless they are open!

Let’s get me home -  hopefully without any weather delays!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Grand Haven. It looks like the event was a blast and very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day. Thank you for coming to Grand Haven and sharing your skills and your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to tell you that this past Saturday our guild had a sewday & our project was Mountain Majesties. Your pattern... Thank you so much everyone that did this just loved doing it. Thanks for all you do in inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite patterns of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made this pattern, yet! Loved seeing the new banner for Quilt Villa Virginia. Looking forward to the weekend. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 2 hr delay didn't stop you from getting right on those orders....I just received email notice that my order has been shipped and there is a 3 hr time difference between us.....have you had time to catch your breath after getting home....what great service you provide. Good luck on your Quiltvilla, VA closing on the 17th. what a fun experience for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:23 PM EDT

    Thank you for coming to Grand Haven, Bonnie. My sister and I had a great time. You are a gifted teacher and an inspiration. Thank you for the En Provence mystery quilt. What a wonderful pattern and adventure. Thank you for the priceless photo of the two of us together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visit My Blog http://onlinedrifts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You For This valuable information.
    http://onlinedrifts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you the best with the move and in your new cabin. I love seeing all the creativity I see in your slideshows. They really inspire me, and as I was watching I started thinking of some color combinations I want to make. I have been asked what color I don't want to put in quilts, but since I love scrappy, I really love them all. Following your blog has confirmed that love for scrappy. Growing up that was the only kind of quilt that I slept under, so I guess scrappy connects me to my roots. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)