>>>>

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Welcome Home!!


Are there WORDS for this?

Are words even necessary for you to understand what this picture is all about and how it makes me feel?

At the end of a very long journey, more than just the past two weeks, more like the journey of the past whole year and even before that ---

Look what I came home to! It’s here! It’s really HERE! And it is even more beautiful than I had hoped for. PDF files just do not do a book justice. You have to hold it in your hands and turn the pages one by one and smell that new-book-smell and study the gorgeous pictures that appear throughout!

And this is how I plan to spend my first evening home after being gone a long long time.

My journey home skirted past all the Midwest Nastiness, having me leave from New Orleans, and arriving in Houston around noon. The best part of that short one hour flight was THIS:

louisiana 2011 205

Now THIS is what I call LEG ROOM! I was in the exit row seat 21-F on a 737. Mark this as my favorite seat from now on! Yes, that is my Rick Steves Avanti Rolling Tote pushed clear up under the “seat in front of me” with the featherweight, the kindle, AND the laptop in it. See! It DOES fit!

Like I said…too bad this flight was only an hour long! I could get used to this kind of leg room. Thumbs up

Houston had a small problem. Flights were delayed coming in because of weather starting to happen there. Dallas airport was closed, people were being re-routed, crews pushing to the point of being over worked. Our crew was short a flight attendant. And since the flight from Houston to Greensboro is an express jet flight, there IS only one flight attendant per plane, so this WAS a problem! We left just over an hour late, but we did get out of there.

My flights today were the bumpiest I have ever been on thanks to this weather system, and I was never so glad to touch down on my home turf!

Tonight? I’m not even bothering to unpack my bags. I made a beeline for the hottub. I’m in my jammies. I’m finishing this post and I’m going to thumb through my new book!

Tomorrow? I’ll start filling all the pre-orders in the order that they were received…Orders will start mailing!

Word Play Quilts is here also! I will be in post office mode over the next 10 days that I am home. Thanks so much for your patience with me --- of COURSE the books would show up when I was out of town for two weeks. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles! But I’m doing everything I can to get them out to you ASAP!

I have that copy of Word Play Quilts as a give away….give me a day or so to wrap my head around everything that is undone over here, and we’ll get THAT underway as well!

32 comments:

  1. Welcome home Bonnie! I was wondering how your trip would go today. Not as bad as it could have. The book looks fantastic! How fun to have it in your hot little hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're home safe and sound. About that storm....it's a lot bigger than the officials are admitting. Here in New Mexico we are getting pounded. I have no garage and my Corolla looks like a giant snowball! So glad the storm didn't mess with your travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it home with no delays this time. Congrats on the book. You look so happy and proud. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it home without too much of a delay. Relax and enjoy looking at your book. You're right, nothing like new-book-smell. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're safe and yes we're getting a wild winter storm! Stay warm.
    Can't wait to get my hands on your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased you are home safe. Have a good rest. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy picture to end a long journey! I'm so happy for you that you are safely home and that your book is there. Enjoy them both and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always I'm glad that you had a somewhat uneventful trip.Your picture looks almost as happy as we your Fans will be when we get to hold and view your new book. Please take time to regroup and rest while you can. Stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoyed your hot tub and your new book (of course you did!). Next to being able to relax at home after a long trip, is there anything better? Enjoy your "vacation" at home, and am looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear the storm did not bother you too much on your trip home. Relax and enjoy that new book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine what it must be like for you to hold your new book in your hands! Enjoy it all - the book, the tub, the jammies, etc. See you next Friday in Lexington!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can surely imagine how glad you are to be home and in your jammies :-) You deserve a sweet, peaceful rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie,
    I'm glad you reached home safely! There's all kind of nasty weather happening and probably just as you flew out of Dallas!

    PJs, your wonderful book...awesome!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new book!!!!! I can't wait to try the new designs!!

    I also love your articles in Quiltmaker magazine. They inspire me to do more quilting.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is understandable how excited and proud you must feel about your new book! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home Bonnie! You had a great trip and met wonderful people, but there's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the book!!!! I'm so excited for you. now get some rest, what a journey you've been on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:12 AM EST

    Hey Bonnie, Looks like you managed to beat the super storm home.

    Unfortunately the rest of us are right in the middle of it, now. Let's hope Puxatawny Phil is right and spring will come early this year! I'm game on for that!

    BTW, congrats on your book it looks great.
    Gail :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you made it home safely. Sounds like you had a relaxing evening. You deserved it. Enjoy! Looking forward to your new book. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was thinking of you as the weather folks reported on the storm...so glad you are home safe!

    Have you had any trouble going through security with the featherweight? Thinking of bringing mine out to NM this spring when I visit my sister...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home! Glad you made it safely with all the winter weather events going on...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thought about you yesterday and hoped your travel went ok. Glad to see you got home ok.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You were definately on of the lucky ones if you got home yesterday. I spent 15 hours working at the Denver airport to figure out how to get people home who lived east of here. With the weather front and all the airport closures it was sure a challenge. I love your rolling tote. I need something myself for traveling and will have in investigate that one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful to have your book in your hands, it looks so pretty!
    Welcome home safe and sound

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bonnie----So glad you made it home safely & almost on time, bumpiness notwithstanding. We pretty much dodged the storm here in NE Nebr.---no ice, couple inches of snow. We HAVE had the high wind and bitter cold wind chill temps, but it could have been so much worse with a foot or two of snow. I'm going to have to get your new book ordered. I'm anxious to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome home and Congratulations on your newest book!
    I hope you have a nice jammie day.....we're digging out up here....one more time!

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  27. The new book looks and sounds so great. Which model tote do you have? There are several sizes/models.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Workshops were a blast, loved the new ideas I am slowly putting to use in my REALLY messy quilt room!

    Come back to Baton Rouge soon!

    Glen in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for coming to Baton Rouge!! Loved your lecture! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Welcome home!! Being away is fun ... but coming home again is THE BEST!! Enjoy browsing your new creation and I'm looking forward to my copy winging it's way across the pond to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good to see you at home, Bonnie, I was travelling too and I feel so well when I go beck to my house. I'll wait now for my new book, but there's no rush, take your time(it will take a long way until here, maybe just in march I will have it, so, there's no rush)!!!
    Hugs
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)