>>>>

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Off To Texas!


Last night while I was packing and getting ready, I downloaded another freebie book to my Kindle!  It’s called Bridge To Happiness, by Jill Barnett and it sounds like a good one!

Here is the description:

From the luxury of San Francisco's famous hills to the wild freedom of the majestic snow-covered Sierra Mountains, BRIDGE TO HAPPINESS is the intensely dramatic story of one woman's life, the idyllic moments, her humanity, her love, and finally, the difficult road she must walk alone...to discover the strong woman she is destined to become. When March Randolph meets Mike Cantrell, she has no idea how her life will change, and how time will change her. For over three decades she and Mike forge a marriage, a family and a business together, helping to make snowboarding into a popular, worldwide winter sport, and raising four strong-willed and independent children into a adulthood, never once fearing the future won't be as golden as their past. In a heartbeat everything changes, and March and her family suffer a tragic change, one that drives a schism into her once perfect life, and will test the bonds of love and family far beyond any definition of recovery. Suddenly March is stuck in the past, unable to move forward, and only if she, alone, finds the strength and will to move on, can any of the Cantrells have a single, glimmer of hope at a new life of happiness.

It doesn’t have a single quilt in it that I can see, but that doesn’t mean I won’t like it. I love stories of strong independent women, raising children through challenges, and stories that encourage me to persevere! 

Look out Texas, here I come! Yeeehhhawww!

18 comments:

  1. Have fun in Texas, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really appreciate you pointing out the "free" books. Have a great trip to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip to Texas. Got my Scraps & Shirttails II yesterday and just DEVOURED the book. I want to make every single quilt in it! Every last one of them, no kidding. I've never had that reaction to a quilt book before. Thanks for such a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you find out about the free books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the input about another good read. I am a new Kindle owner and appreciate the ideas. I live in Texas, but am no where near where you will be. I hope you enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mentioned that you get emailed about free ebooks on kindle. How do you get the emails?
    Thanks for letting us know about the free ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the question how do you find out about the newer free books for your Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief, Bonnie! Do you ever stay in one place longer than a nanosecond? Have fun in Texas!

    Free Kindle books: www.ereader.com Go to the website & sign up for their emails. Many books are free, and some are just 99 cents. There is another website too, but both seem to have the same books. Do you know that Kindle will now allow you to share a book with a friend? You can only loan any particular book once, and only for 14 days, but it's better than nothing. I haven't tried it yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for mentioning the book today and the one that you mentioned last week - I will have to sign up for that website alert for the books.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might also like "letters of a woman homesteader" by Elinore Pruitt Stewart. It's another free one I downloaded to my Kindle app on iPad..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the book title and description Bonnie. I downloaded both Kindle's and Nook's free ereaders and use them on my netbook when I'm on the go...

    both sites have freebies to download but I find it hard to find one worthy of downloading b/c of all the lustful love stories that are available for free.... One day I spent an hour combing the titles and only found 3 for free that I thought I'd like. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and BUY a real book :P

    Enjoy your trip to Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time in Texas...!!!!!
    I would love a kindle..are you happy with it? take it you are

    ReplyDelete
  13. I downloaded the same book yesterday and have finished it. I really enjoyed the book. Don't you just love your Kindle. I got mine in June.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the suggestion for the the book! I use the Kindle app on my phone and love it!!

    My husband just shared a book with me. It showed up on my phone and gave me 14 days to read it. That is a great option!

    Have a good trip Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to get free books on my ereader. All those classics I never bought I am now reading because they are free. To think, I never actually read Jane Austen until now. Enjoy Texas - I would love to get back there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I truly love when you post the free book. So far I have downloaded and having fun reading them. Thanks again and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the book recommendations. I have been reading snippets of the book on my phone druing lunch time at work. So handy.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)