>>>>

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hello From Dallas!


It’s been a crazy couple of days! First off….POOR OSCAR! Yes, this cat just can’t keep himself out of harms way!

Remember a couple weeks ago when I said his tail was hanging funny and it looked like he had been in a scuffle with a cat from the wrong-side-of-the-tracks?!

It had seemed like it was doing better, but when I got back from Virginia, he seemed especially sensitive and guarding of certain areas..I caught him licking at it, and it looked HORRIBLE….one lift of the tail and I could see that the abscess had finally decided to open up…which his a good thing ((And a gross thing!!))

Monday morning I dropped him off at the vet ((wait, was that only yesterday? Yes it was!)) And by afternoon they called me back and said they had lanced it, cleaned it up, antibiotic-shot him and I could come and pick him up.

When I got there ----he was wearing……THE CONE. OF. SHAME.!!

This has to stay on for 7 to 10 days until the tail has healed enough that he won’t lick it. He also has to stay INSIDE…which is easier said than done.

Of course, this all happened as I was making my exit to Texas, leaving the men folk to deal with the application of antibiotics-down-the-throat which Oscar fights TOOTH AND NAIL…Literally!

Needless to say, the menfolk aren’t happy to have to be the care givers either, but what else can be done? They will do it….Oscar will survive, and I’ll clean up the aftermath when I return home. That’s all there is to it!

I went to bed early last night, setting my alarm for 3:45am to catch a 6am flight, only to have my phone go off at 2:45am with a call from United saying my flight to Dallas by way of Washington Dulles was delayed and schedule changed. I had to get up and make a phone call and try to be coherent at 3am…they rerouted me through Chicago on a bit later flight and I got to Dallas a bit after 2pm.

I have had a lovely Tex Mex dinner and we had a very fun Lecture/Trunkshow with the Bear Creek Quilter’s Guild! I’m off to bed…tomorrow is a Cathedral Stars workshop, and then I’m off to my next destination! It’s good to be back in Texas, Y’all!

9 comments:

  1. If the meds are pills, try putting them in Pill Pockets! The salmon flavor. My cats love them. I have a cat I have to pill daily and this works without all the drama. I still have all my fingers and no blood is drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if the pill popper doesn't work (they come in several different flavors), you can also try one of these: http://www.petco.com/product/2764/Four-Paws-Quick-and-Easy-Pill-Dispenser.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would crush pills or put liquid meds in a couple teaspoons of ice cream.... let it melt right in, and my cat (and/or) dogs would lick it right up! NEVER a problem! They thought they were getting treats! And they loved us, instead of fighting and hating us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Poor Kitty! (but I can't help chuckling)

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor oscar, give him big hugs if he wants. I'm resting after having read everything you do and what time you get up.
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had so much to do, I thought yesterday was Thursday already! haha. Sounds like you're having a busy week, too. Hope Oscar is better soon. Glad those menfolk have something to do while you're gone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually resort to a bit of tuna...hope Oscar is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you finish writing quilt books, you sure could write a book and title it "Never A Dull Moment". You sure lead an awsome life. I hope Oscar is doing better (also your men lol).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like I'm following my Mom's lead. How could this be? Strange. Poor Oscar. Not easy giving meds to any cat. Kaos just finished having her teeth cleaned which unfortunately required 3 extractions...poor kitty. That necessitated the need for a week of pain medicine and antibiotics. What joy every 8 hours. The "cone of shame" how funny you are.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)