>>>>

Monday, December 11, 2017

Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 3!

IMG_20171211_073645_849000
Monday, December 11th!

December is flying.

I hope that as we swing deeper into the holiday hubbub you are able to carve out a few minutes each day for yourself – even if you are just pressing and cutting in anticipation of sewing AFTER January arrives and things go back to normal.

10 minutes here.

15 minutes there.

It all adds up to a whole lot of progress if you can grab those small moments of time in between other things and just do what you can do.

How are you coming along with Part 3?

24898778_2069599269924754_1550320208_n

Say Hello to the Bonnie Lassies of Camarillo, California!

Back row - Nancy Isbell, Cynthia Carmody, Jonal Beck, Jackie Tucker, Carol Seaman
Front row - Dalya Dektor, Myda Broadway, Wanda Brown

This photo and email came from Dalya who writes:
“Hi Bonnie!

The “Bonnie Lassies mini group” of Camarillo Quilt Association in Camarillo, CA had a 2 day “sew-cation” to celebrate the Mystery Quilt.

This mini group meets twice a month (for over 2 years now) to sew Bonnie Hunter patterns. In December and January we will continue working and helping each other on the rest of the clues. And having lots of fun!

On Thursday Nov 30, 17 quilters came and we worked on clue 1. On Friday Dec 1st, 9 quilters came and we worked on clue 2. Some who hadn't finished My Blue Heaven (the workshop Bonnie Hunter taught in June at CQA) worked on that pattern too. Lots of fun and pot luck food from 9-9 both days.

We didn't get everyone in the picture as some came only for the morning or one day and others packed up before picture time on the second day.”
It sounds like much fun was had!

My thoughts are with these ladies as now they ALSO battle the smoke and fires raging in southern California.  I was just with them this past May, and we had such a wonderful time.  It just hurts my heart to think of how much devastation fire has caused in the past year.

rawhide

Clue 3 wrangled!!!!

Thanks for the funny, Becky Thill!

She sent this photo to our Quiltville’s Open Studio group on Facebook, with the following lyrics.  You’ll thank her for the ear worm!

Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide,
Move ‘em on, head ‘em up
Head ‘em up, Move ‘em on, Rawhide
Cut ‘em out, Ride ‘em in
Ride ‘em in, Cut ‘em out, Rawhide
Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, Rawhide


Have you been scrap wrangling during this week’s Part 3 unit?  It’s time to share your stuff in this week’s Mystery Monday Link-Up!

20171210_184823

Good thoughts for Sadie Jane, please!

While you are linking up below, please refresh your memory by reading the info provided.  And please keep in mind a prayer and a good wish for my Sadie Jane who is having her second round of Mast Cell tumors removed today.  It’s a scary thing to put an elder dog under anesthesia.  And she has a heart murmur.  But these tumors have got to come off if we want to keep her around a lot longer.  She will be 12 in February.  And we love her so very much.  Emmy Lou was even close at hand to keep her warm last night.

The hubster is taking Sadie in right now as I get this post ready to go live.  Thank you.

If you have a group who is stitching together, send me some photos along with the story behind the photos in an email and you could be featured in a future Mystery Monday post!

No matter where you are in your On Ringo Lake, you can share blocks, design wall photos, fabric choices, completed units with your dog, cat or grand baby – just share!

If you do not have a blog, you can link to an Instagram post, google+ post, Flickr photo or even a Pinterest photo. But you MUST have one of these to participate.  Accounts must be PUBLIC, not private.

Be sure when you are filling in your information below that you include a URL to your specific post or photo, not just your main blog or profile address.  We need the address of the page where your photo and post is, not the whole account.

For those who don’t understand HOW to find the URL of any given post PLEASE read this linky tutorial before you link up again.

For an example of a blog post including a link back, click HERE.
For a Pinterest post including a link back, click HERE.
For an Instagram post including a link back, click HERE.
For a Flickr post including a link back, click HERE.


Click the links above for examples of folks who have done it correctly!

If you hare having trouble, why not contact someone who has “done it correctly” and ask for their help? Leave them a comment on their photo.  We can help each other.

If you have linked to my main blog address http://quiltville.blogspot.com that also needs to be changed to the URL for today's linky page. Please check your post or photo and make sure you have the right link.

Include this link in your post: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-3.html  Or Short Link: http://bit.ly/2kmps2Q

If you don’t know how to link it so it is clickable in your blog post, don’t worry about it. Just copy and paste the above URL into your text.

We are also using the hashtags #quiltvillemystery and #onringolakequilt and a link back to this post for social media.  Please use them so we can find you!

If you post to Pinterest or Instagram, your blog, etc. - you need to add the link to the link-up post in your photo description. Hash tags are not enough. It doesn’t matter if it is a hyperlink or just plain text, but it must be there.  If you do not link back to my post, your link will be removed from our link-up. 

I want to thank those who took the time to correct entries on last week's link-up for On Ringo Lake.  I realize that quite a few people skim read and don’t really take the time to understand what I am requesting with this Link-Up and other social media posting throughout the course of our mystery.

One more time:

Please do NOT post unit sizes or unit counts in your post.  This is a mystery.  The sizes and counts are plainly available in the mystery directions themselves.  Folks can get them by coming to my directions.

Also, your link-up post, be it on Instagram, Pinterest, your blog or wherever MUST include an easy to find, obvious link to the link-up post. The link you are to use is given to you above.

Our posts are reciprocal.  Which means I link to you, you link back to me.

Those who do not follow these three simple requests – No piece count, no unit size, and link back included to the link-up post will be removed from the link-up.

Thank you for working with me to be sure these things happen.  I really appreciate it. And it is so so so simple to just take the time and comply.

The linky pages will be alive FOREVER in the archives, Your link will stay there so people can find you, please link correctly to my post so people can find me and the others who have also shared their links as well.  Don’t be the dead end street for everyone else.  Thank you!



This link-up will close at midnight, Thursday, December 14th. If you miss this one, no worries, you can join in NEXT Monday as well.

12_11_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Wonky rail fence quilt shared during our Oregon workshops last week.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!



13 comments:

  1. Thanks Bonnie...Prayers for Sadie Girl are being said Daily...Love the pic of both your babies.
    Try not to worry as hard as it might be.
    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta get linked up later. I have misplaced my Essential Triangle Tool. I know I could use my Easy angle and the Simple Corner ruler method, minor set-back to my progress on step 3 was a weekend away for my Quilt Zone with family. Looking forward to getting a group of Quiltville Mystery ladies together for part 4. I will send pictures for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of my fellow quilters in Camarillo. I am miles away from the fires, yet our air quality if impacted to the point that they had to close schools. Thinking of you, be safe and keep on sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still thanking God for the Thanksgiving Miracle and asking for continued healing for Mark and comfort and courage for his extended family. I will send prayers for sweet Sadie Jane.

    We so appreciate everything you do for us quiltvillians. Any time your name is mentioned I smile and silently thank you for introducing me to so many wonderful quilters all over the world. Thank you, Bonnie for your inspiration on how to live. I love your daily lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Sadie, prayers for her and for the vet. It seems like your whole family has been through the wringer this year, 2018 is going to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Sadie and you. I hope she came through with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I click on my ITunes icon and now I have Frankie Lane in my ear singing "Rawhide."

    Thanks, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While the quilts and all are great ... my mind goes right to Sadie Jane...bless her pup heart.Both Sadie and you are in my prayers. There is something beyond unique about that type of bond we have with our furbabies.
    Hugs
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not like to hear Sadie is unwell really that any family member is unwell and when it is a fury one they can't tell us what the problem they feel is and how to comfort them. Hopefully she will recover nicely. We have an old cat who has us so well trained that we schedule around her my poor husband says between you and the cat I get no peace but he loves us both very much perhaps the cat more she sleeps on him me next to him

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck Sadie.

    And then Rowdy Yates and Gil Favor - who knew they were secret quilters! Did laugh at that - out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, look at all those different colours. There's going to be some different and amazing quilts. I so much want to do one of your mystery quilts, I just need to get myself organised (that's a work in progress).

    And, importantly, kisses and hugs to Sadie xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of your Sadie. Mast cell tumors are horrible. We dealt with that. Wishing Sadie all the luck in the world. Thank you for the mystery. This will be my third, haven't done one in a while but I've got a lot of stash to plunder and they are always so beautiful. I'm taking your advice and just stealing an hour or two when I can. Probably won't be done until March but I enjoy them. Thank you for these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I did it right this time Bonnie. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)