>>>>

Monday, December 04, 2017

Sew, Sew, Sew & Ho, Ho Ho!

20171203_203138
Hello from beautiful Rogue, River, Oregon!!

I arrived on Saturday evening, and I am so excited to finally be here.

Our workshop location is the beautiful grange hall in Rogue River, and since the last time I was here, it has seen a remodeling of epic proportions, including refinished original wood floors that were hiding under years of old linoleum…

They are fully decorated for Christmas functions and that added so much to our workshop spirit! 

I’ve never before given a workshop with lit garlands and Christmas trees.  It was a holiday party!

Especially when you took a look at the pot-luck table full of holiday yummies and all the fixin’s.

20171203_101600

49 stitchers all sewing away!

20171203_203328

It was a pineapple blossom day – in every color way!

20171203_202844

Pressing Matters!

(Gorgeous original floor!)

20171203_203226

Steve’s gorgeous green machine!

I’m green with Featherweight envy!

20171203_201435

Great blocks, everyone!

20171203_201521

Santa Baby, put more fabric under the tree, for me!

20171203_201404

Love these smiles!

You’ll catch the rest of our day’s fun in the video below.  Click to play:


It was a marvelous day!  You'll find the free pattern for Pineapple Blossom under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.  Have you made one? 

20171203_201025

And today we do it again – Playing With Jacks up on deck!

I am so happy that these 3 guilds were able to work with me on these postponed dates due to the forest fire problem of this summer/fall.  All is good!

Dinner last night was a fun affair at a local restaurant.  18 of us!  I’m sure we were a force to be reckoned with….we hardly noticed that we lingered and talked for 2 hours.  I was so pooped by the time I got to my room that no stitching happened, no reading happened, and I fell asleep with the TV on…still wearing my clothes.  That’s the end of a very busy day.

For those who are popping by thinking that you’d find our Mystery Monday Link-Up post today, never fear.  I set it live YESTERDAY due to my travel and teaching schedule.  Head on over to that post HERE. The link-up will still run until midnight eastern time Thursday night.  As of this morning we’ve already got 80+ folks sharing, so go check them out!

12_4_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Kindness costs nothing, yet the rewards are so great! Scatter it around!

Happy Monday, everyone!



11 comments:

  1. It was a super fun day....looking forward to another one today. I learned SO much. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you all had. Glad you could fit these Quilters Workshops into the schedule. I have a partial Pineapple Blossom quilt. All linked up with my Instagram this week. Thanks for stopping by last week on the Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous group, everyone looks like they are having the best time. The blocks being created are beautiful. How I would love to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished mine that I started with you in Rochester and it is on my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks, beautiful location, lots of smiles and that geeen Featherweight? Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent a lot of time in Rogue River when I was in my twenties! You made my memories start going about my time there. I loved that place!
    Looks like a good time was had by all, from the smiles on everyone's face. I think you have a way of doing that to people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing day! My first ever quilting workshop - and Bonnie far exceeded all my expectations! The previous poster is spot on when she said that Bonnie has a way of putting smiles on our faces - my face is actually sore from smiling so much. Thank you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time you all have had. - I am in Australia and envy your friends and students for having such a fun time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie meets 100s of quilter people every year, but she makes you feel as though you are her special friend. What an energetic, caring, sharing, involved human being. I am so fortunate to have been in her class in Rogue River, and I learned somethings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I was there! Looks like lots of fun while being productive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky those quilters are. Disappointed... I was hoping to take your workshop in Ocala, Fl. In February, but all the slots were filled by the time I got down here. I will be there for your lecture.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)