>>>>

Friday, May 19, 2017

A Garden Party Day!



Sunshine and big trees with tire swings.

It takes me right back to my childhood when summers were long and leisurely and there was time for seeing things, doing things, and also doing NOTHING.

The sunshine came yesterday morning, bright and beautiful against the mossy green surroundings and as I walked to the dining hall for breakfast, I took in deep breaths, committing this magical place to memory.

It’s just a wonderful place to let go, to make new, to rediscover.

And I know I am not the only one who felt this way yesterday as doors and windows were opened in our workshop space to let the freshness in.



And yes, we are full of shenanigans and fun!

Garden Party Workshop is about to begin!

Pattern from the Addicted to Scraps book!



What is said at retreat, stays at retreat –but will be long remembered!


Oh how adorable in 30s prints!


Busy busy, and loving every minute!


Small pieces, precious blocks, favorite fabrics!

These little blocks from Garden Party are such a joy to stitch, so simple and rewarding, and giving a home to so  many saved pieces.  And everyone got LOADS done!  The afternoon and into the evening was dedicated to making the framed 9 patch alternate blocks and layouts started happening.

So awesome to see!  Check it out:



There was time after dinner for a nice long walk -


Oh, this scenery!!


This is going on outside of our work room!

The kids come up for horse camp, or lessons weekly and the horses are getting in some good grooming sessions having their winter coats brushed off and their manes combed and thinned to shining beauty. 

I just LOVE these gentle beasts.  You could swear the wisdom of the ages is seen in the depths of their eyes.


Hello, sweet face!


And yes, I’m sewing!

I’ve added two sides of the blue round for this years Hourglass Leader & Ender Challenge while here!  There are still two sides remaining, and more hourglass units need to be made.  I am doing those while working on my Rolling Stone blocks.

Today is a light duty day – a lecture this morning, and I get to go horse back riding this afternoon! 

My heart is full as group one of our retreat leaves.  I’m sad to see them go, I’ve so enjoyed meeting them over the past few days.  Group two will soon replace them, and I’ll have another round of faces to put names to, and we will spend the rest of our time through Monday getting to know one another as the quilting continues!

And I’ll be back in 2019!  Hooray!


Quiltville Quote of the Day!

This is how things have gone at retreat this week.  So much encouragement, so much growing –

We all need those who build us up rather than put us down. And we need to be that person who sees the possibilities in others.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. I love the Garden Party! Beautiful work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that has to seem not like work but almost a mini vacation. How beautiful and looks like so much fun. I don't know if it's on my end, but I haven't been getting your wonderful words of wisdom, really miss them as so often they can be apt for so many things for self improvement (always trying to work on that) Enjoy the rest of your retreat and the horse riding. I miss having horses - a ride was always good for clearing the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that particular scrappy quilt...it is wonderful!! Horses are lovely to look at, I agree...their eyes are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having the same problem Kathy is having....the quote of the day isn't showing up. I just get a big gray circle with a minus sign in the middle. It happened today and yesterday. Everything else about the post seems fine, it's just the quote of the day missing.
    Everyone looks like they are having a ball! What a beautiful setting for a retreat! And now I want to make a Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you see me waving? Am just up the road from you. Will see you this fall in southern Oregon, Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I have to say I loved the music in the video, while I was enjoying all the pretty blocks and smiling faces! Everyone looked so happy.
    I hope you had a wonderful time in our beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quote of the day! It is so cool that everyone is so happy!! That's wonderful! Keep having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daily quotes are such an uplift!!! Yes, so many times we, who live in our lives, never see our best ... we see closely our own mistakes. Wonderful to have friends and family who let us know we do have true and terrific qualities too.
    HUGS
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does it! I have to make Garden Party!☺️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sweet 30's Fabrics make me want to make a second one and I'm not even halfway finished making the first one. If Corrie can do a baby sized one in ONE DAY, maybe I can too! Go, Group B! Glad to share in the shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)