Hello from Quilt Villa!
I arrived just before dinner time to find that the breaker had tripped, likely due to thunder and rain, and the power was out on one whole side of the cabin. That included the side that the router/modem is on. Upon checking the breaker box, everything seemed okay, but still no power to that wall in the basement.
After much searching, it was discovered that some GFI thingy in a remote out of the way outlet was tripped. Goodness sakes!
Internet is back up and I’m ready to do the drawing for the August Quilty Box winner!
What is a Quilty Box?
- Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
- 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
- Each month we have 4 or more products (Fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
- Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $50
- September's Quilty Box Features Artist will be Kaari Meng with FrenchGeneral.com
- The next Quilty Box will ship around September 11th. Subscribers will need to purchase before September 10th to receive this shipment.
- We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
Patrick Claytor, CEO
Subscribe today at Quiltybox.com
I LOVE the fact that 5% of the profits go to Quilts for Kids! It’s a win win all the way around!
Let’s look closer at this box:
All of THESE goodies!
Curated by Amy Barickman of Indygojunction.com
There are two patterns! The Quilted Kitchen creates handy potholders that add style to your home. Combine colorful prints with sturdy Crossroads Denim to create potholders, oven mitts and even a pot handle cover.
Sulky Petite Pack: This set includes 6 perfectly coordinated colors of Sulky 12-wt cotton on convenient 50 yard spools. These threads are great for decorative stitching and hand embroidery. These were specially chosen to go with the Crossroads Denim by Amy Barickman Fall Collection. Sulky 12-wt cotton thread is 40% thicker than their 30-wt cotton thread. Sulky threads are premier quality, long staple, highly mercerized Egyptian cotton with a matte finish to create a soft, warm and natural look and feel.
Schmetz denim machine needles – the right needle for the right job!
As I ran my hands over this fabric, I'm also thinking it would be great for a sewing machine organizer/mat, or a tote bag. This is gorgeous feeling stuff, perfect for fall.
So are you ready??
Who is #493 out of 2, 768 entries?!
Wow! You want this Quilty Box BADLY, people!
It’s coming to YOU!
What a wonderful way to kick of our Labor Day weekend!
And yes, there will be more great giveaways in the very near future. Stay tuned!
This happened today:
I found the PERFECT nearly vintage teal print – Marcus Brothers Textiles…has to be from 1990 something. It’s now sewn and pressed and ready to go on this:
More photos to come later. Time to go sew the binding on so I can put my feet up and stitch some!
Have a great evening, everyone!