>>>>

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Quilting Up a Storm!

20160906_174842
We interrupt this travelogue of Italy to bring you what is going on in the studio!

First off: Quilt-Cam tonight at 9pm Eastern here on the blog!  It’s been a while, let’s play catch up!

I’m trying to get some things done before the whirlwind of filling book orders begins in earnest.

Night before last I pieced a backing for this monster.  This recycled shirt version of Scrappy Mountain Majesties measures in roughly at 90’’ x 106 ‘’ and is itching to be finished!

Mona and I started working on our quilts together, hers has been a top for a while, and I’ve been pulling up the rear.  We are hoping to have some time together during the holidays when she can come stay for a few days and we can quilt up her ever growing pile of tops.

The fastest way to clear stagnant stash from the shelves?  Piece up a scrappy back!  This one is big hunks and chunks of random plaids and I’ll show it to you when it comes off of the machine


20160906_174849

Stitching is coming along nicely!

20160906_201727

Brown binding up on deck.

I had originally planned on a blue…but the more I quilt this and advance it in the machine and quilt it some more…that brown was just calling to me so I dug into my DEEP stash and found just the right amount of a brown gingham left from 1990 something….plaids never go out of date, right?  It’s perfect for this quilt and is ready to go as soon as the quilting is done.  It’s about half way right now.

This morning was also hijacked.  I have a hair cut appointment in 30 minutes.  I’m not ready!

We got notice that a shipment was ready to pick up at Yellow Frieght in Kernersville this morning and we loaded up the truck and headed on over.  I was worried about this shipment coming when the hubby is leaving tomorrow…and won’t be back until Sunday night.  The holiday weekend could throw things off…but luckily:

20160907_085118

Any guesses what this is?

20160907_085306

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I’ve spent the rest of the morning hauling cases into the house.  I haven’t even taken the time to open a box yet.

This is the FIRST shipment, another is scheduled for a couple weeks down the road.

I’m still waiting on my invoice forms, and I can’t get started without them here. I’m hoping they arrive today.

The Essential Triangle Tools are still in production, I don’t have a delivery date on those yet.  Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.  We KNOW they have to be ready for Quilt Market in October…everything is down to the wire.

My plan is to get that haircut, come back here and finish the quilt BEFORE invoice forms show up because once those are in house, we are ALL SYSTEMS GO!

9_7_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Keep your eye on the roses and not upon the thorns! Twirl Around quilt from my new book release Addicted to Scraps, in pre-order status on my website now!
Come see all of the quilts and read the nitty gritty HERE! SEW EXCITED!
 
I’ll see you at Quilt-Cam tonight.  9pm Eastern!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh boy, indeed! :) I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While i am anxious to see your new book, i'm fine with waiting for the ruler and getting them together - it's not like i don't have other quilts to work on! LOL. And quilt-cam tonight yippee!! 9 pm for you is 5 pm for me and it's often that i'm making dinner at that time, but hubby is away and the time is mine! Hopefully the audio will work tonight. It's cool here in Alaska, and rainy, and we are losing over 5 minutes of daylight daily, all of which leads me to a day of quilting; this morning with my Wed morning group, later on my own. Have a great day and don't forget to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled that I was able to purchase the ruler and book together. I have plenty to keep me busy until they arrive and am quite willing to be patient. I love seeing your quilts on the longarm. They are such an inspiration! Patient Fan in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for quilt cam tonight. Still working on garlic knots! Undecided if to get your book ot Craft U class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really amazing! I am so impressed with your energy....how do you go from international traveling to quilting, to filling orders...truelly incredible! And keeping up the blog, and doing quilt cam...thanks for all your productivity! Gets me moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeals fo delight for the first shipment of Addicted to Scraps; what a moment for you!! All your hard work paying off. Thanks for sharing and will look forward to spending time sewing with you while working on my Double Delight during Quilt Cam. I say sew, but I'll actually be pinning my Rolling Star blocks for that lovely quilt. Thank you for the pictures and video on how to pin properly so I'll be successful. You give so much and I am grateful. Hugs, Allison in Plano, Texas USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting time for you and us. Your new book has arrived! Don't you just love that new book smell? Nothing can compare. From looking at the preview it's going to be hard to decide which new quilt to make first. Just put the last stitches in Smith Mountain Morning yesterday. It was started last October at retreat with you in Eatonville. It's turned out absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for all the work you put in designing so many wonderful patterns.I have to say, after making several of your quilts all the others that use just a few fabrics just don't hold the appeal they once did. It's like they're lacking a soul. Your quilts truly shine above all others. Thank you for all you do for the quilting world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just checked my international clock(I'm in New Zealand)! just over half an hour to go... but the schools are closing early today... in just about half an hour... for a teacher union meeting, so I have to collect the kids... but as soon as I'm home, I'm logging on! kids can wait tv, :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must have built up those triceps a little today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Books, books, books!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes the binding is perfect. What do you like to use for batting? Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)