>>>>

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Talkin’ Turkey in Dover, DE!

20160926_152712
We had a marvelous day yesterday!

Fall is definitely in the air in Delaware.  [and I didn’t intend for that to rhyme, but whatever, go with it!]

We gathered together with machines and fabric, rulers and cutters, and all that goes with it for a day of sewing the blocks from Talkin’ Turkey, found in my book String Fling.

What a beautiful fellowship hall at the Wyoming Methodist Church in Wyoming, Delaware! Large, clean, bright and airy, and the lighting was fabulous, just made for quilters!

I was very excited to have so many in attendance.  Several guests joined joined us from neighboring states such as Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, and from as far away as California, and even one special guest, Petra, who came all the way from Germany as a special birthday bucket list trip.


I haven’t taught Talkin’ Turkey in a while, and spending the day with string piecing and a whole lot of flying geese in the afternoon was just so much fun.

When a guild opens up their workshops to outsiders, quilters from neighboring guilds or even way outside the area, something wonderful happens.  We are making new friends, the energy level increases.  It blossoms into this wonderful experience that ends up being MORE about each other, and less about the quilt we came to make.  The sewing is the icing on the cake, but connectivity with each other IS the cake.

20160926_111913

This is the rest of the quote on the wall.

I had to take a photo of this because my mom has instilled this in me from as far back as I can remember.  I really believe the world would be such a much better place if we ALL took this to heart and put it into practice.

And then this:

2016092695151856

Don’t forget to add silly to the recipe for a happy life!

Photo bombing Bonnie just may sneak up behind you! LOL!

20160926_120223_001

And our lunch was prepared for us by the wonderful members of the church!

Soup, sandwiches and all the fixins, plus dessert gave us the energy to get back to the machines, pedal to the metal and start turning out some wonderful blocks from the units we had made.

20160926_154033

Check out Marti’s Sea Glass colors!

20160926_152258

And Pat’s “Bright on Black” variation!  Love these!

20160926_143459

And just as great in traditional reds and neutrals!

There’s much more in the slide show below!



It was just a fabulous day!  It was also a double duty day so it wasn’t long after class was over before we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed over to our location for the evening guild meeting, well attended!

20160926_183312

What a great time we are having in Delaware!

And it continues on today with a My Blue Heaven workshop!  53 students on the roster, and I’m raring to go!

9_27_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Now isn't this the truth?!

Vintage 25 patch quilt in cotton and wool found in North Carolina.

Everything is happening all at once.  Another 1,000 copies of the Addicted to Scraps book have arrived at my house.  I got word that the Essential Triangle Tools will be in next week – of course all 3,000 of them are showing up while I am at sea teaching on our Quiltville Caribbean Cruise!  I’ll be able to start filling orders when I get back. Hooray!

Today after the workshop I’m heading out and hoping to make it as far as Richmond before I find a place to stay for the night.  I’ll make it the rest of the way home on Wednesday, have Thursday to get more orders out the door, pack for the cruise, and off to Florida I go on Friday! Yep.  The quote of the day above applies!

Time to get a move on!  Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing the creativity of so many people. Color ideas I might never have considered, perhaps a slight variation on something else. Thanks for taking the time to give so many a chance to shine their creative light a little farther into the world for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, Fun! The photo bomb made me laugh. Just as you worried, those rulers come while you're gone. I'm sure that it will all be worth the wait! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, Fun! The photo bomb made me laugh. Just as you worried, those rulers come while you're gone. I'm sure that it will all be worth the wait! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it just me or are these classes getting bigger and bigger....53? wow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipee, I know you have said we could order rather preorder but I just think it adds to the work load
    I do want both your new book and your new ruler ( and a you tube that teaches me how to use the ruler)
    Now I'll put my order in after you return from your cruise.
    While I would love to go on a trip with you I do like that you tell the truth about the weather and tempature
    especially the heat in Italy it makes me realize at my age and physical condition I need to chose wisely
    Thank you
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie- I must say I have never been interested in the string quilts or "Talking Turkey" until I saw these slides. The color combinations are fabulous. Now, I may have to add another technique to my repertoire! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!

    Donna
    In Sunny, Crisp Fall
    KASILOF, ak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels! I need to find out where I can take a class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you come visit our little state. I live about 10 minutes from the Wyoming Methodist Church and wish I had had the opportunity to attend the class. Welcome to the biggest little state.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)