>>>>

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Sew Much Fun at the Barn!

img1433529067469
Howdy from Jamestown, New York!

I arrived yesterday about lunch time, and our day was such a full whirlwind, all the way up to the time for my lecture with the Chautauqua Area Quilt Guild last night ---yes…try to spell that workd, it’s got more au au ua than Albuquerque! 

This area is so beautiful in June, and I arrived early enough to do a bit of sight seeing ---a great stop on our journey from Erie, PA to Jamestown was the Needle in a Haystack retreat center and Fabric Outlet in Sherman!

Wouldn’t you love to retreat in a converted barn from the early 1900s?  You could gather with 18 of your closest buddies and sew away from Thursday through Sunday with all of the conveniences of home and more.

Much more!

Because there is a Fabric Outlet Quilt Shop also inside the barn…you can shop in your jammies!
20150605_131507


Oh, I could do some serious relaxing in these rocking chairs!

20150605_131549

Or maybe enjoy some evening time with adult beverages here on the deck!
((And there is a hot tub!))

20150605_131618

Okay, way too cute!

20150605_131642

Hello, New York!  You are lovely decked out in yellow rolling hills!

20150605_133022

I was greeted by the retreaters, busy with their projects!

20150605_133039

They want you to know how much fun they are having!

20150605_134230

I took a peek in a couple of comfy rooms while occupants were out sewing….Sweet!

20150605_142248

Quilt Camp here is a blissful affair!

Breakfast and lunch is included in your retreat package –you don’t even have to have a group to come retreat with.  If it is just  you and a couple of friends, or even a getaway by yourself, you can reserve your spot and come sew with the other ladies who are also sewing for the weekend.  It’s a perfect getaway to meet and make new life long friends.

20150605_134914

Up above on the “catwalk”

There are quilts for inspiration EVERYWHERE!

20150605_135003

Look at all the busy quilters!  They’d been at it for 24 hours by the time we arrived!

20150605_133554

And the SHOP!!

Everything is either $5, $6 or $7 per yard!

And even if you are not retreating you are welcome to come in and see what everyone is up to – and of course, SHOP!

20150605_140846

And oh yes, we did shop!

20150605_133607

So much good stuff!

20150605_133646

This place is my dream!

20150605_140504

This stack is MINE!

20150605_142343

Needle in a Haystack Retreat Center, Sherman, NY.
Put it on your bucket list!

I have to admit, I already had a connection with this place as Needle in a Haystack was also the name of my pattern company “back in the 90s” when I was doing dolls and stuffed animals, so nice that the name lives on and brings a smile to my heart.

20150605_141812

20150605_140307

What a great place!

20150605_190000

All set up for last night’s presentation!

20150605_183036

Look!  She made a block already!

Remember yesterday’s post?  The anniversary one?   This lovely lady brought her copy of the July/Aug issue of Quiltmaker magazine AND her first Addicted to Scraps block! 

And there is a big giveaway on THAT POST – so go check it out and enter.

Oh yes, it was a very very good day, and today we turn up the fun with a Jamestown Landing quilt –in Jamestown, New York!

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

17 comments:

  1. This lady is the winner of a hug and true love . Have a nice day all

    Still I wish to win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that barn looks like so much fun to retreat in. Someone had a really excellent idea. If you build it they will come.
    Thanks for the post and the photos, I'm still drooling.
    Looks like the weather there is cooperating too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to GO there! Too bad I'm 2000 miles away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading about all your trips and new ideas. Happy Anniversary Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will put this on my list of things to do on our next trip to NY once I find out just where Sherman, NY is! Sounds like a fabulous place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go there too but I am 3359 miles away. It looks fabulous. Oh well dream on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann gillett9:34 AM EDT

    I'm so jealous. I want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:39 AM EDT

    Say Hi to Lucy today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would sure love to visit there! It's been years since we've been to NY, but would love to go back. That quilt shop would definitely be on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!! What a place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that should be your next project. Instead of traveling all the time you can build a retreat like this. Stay home with Sadie and make the quilters come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous place! I want to go there!! Happy Blog Anniversary. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Needle in. Haystack retreat center. Would love to attend sometime.
    Pat Rogers
    carlnpatr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That looks like a heavenly place to shop and retreat to! Maybe someday....and P.S. I have a few of your "Needle in a Haystack" patterns! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, this place is about 45 minutes from my hometown and I've never heard of it!! Of course, back when I lived at home, I never knew how to quilt, but I did make clothing. Wonder how long it's been there?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would be so much fun, I envy you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that place looks cool. Maybe one day after I retire I can make up that way.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)