>>>>

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Boxy Stars & the River City Quilters!

20150617_110557
I love this quilt in Red, White & Blue!

Not to mention it is being sewn on a lovely vintage Singer 301.  The sound of pieces being fed through these machines is music to my soul.

We gathered yesterday at the Mosaic Law Congregation, a wonderful location, big enough for 50 quilters with machines, tools, fabric, notions, and all of our paraphernalia that we HAVE to have with us-

You know how it is…no matter if you are packing for a 6 hour workshop, or a 4 day retreat getaway-

It’s the same amount of STUFF!

I had to giggle at this pile of luggage as evidence of our mobile quilting passion:

 20150617_111510

Oh how we love our quilt luggage!

I often giggle that the totes, cases, and luggage that house our machines and class stuff are often BETTER than the luggage we take on vacation –so we know where our loyalties lie!

20150617_091548-1

Beautiful mural on the wall where we gathered!

Mosaic Law Congregation is a kosher facility, with a definite UPSIDE!  They set up tables with tablecloths outside of our work room in the courtyard beneath lovely shady trees and we ate our lunches al fresco –it was fabulous!  Not only that, because the weather was so nice in the courtyard, we did our show & share out there too.  Just wonderful.

20150617_112544

Pieces and parts became blocks in no time!

20150617_110716

Of course there is much chatter around the ironing boards!

20150617_140435

Smiling at the sweet machines!

20150617_092436

Are you green with envy yet?? HA!

20150617_111001

Our one lone rooster put up with us all and kept us in line! LOL!

It was a fabulous day with fabulous folks, and I would be honored to come back – ANY TIME.

You can still find the free pattern for Boxy Stars under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Boxy Stars, Sacramento, CA 2015



20150617_190523-1

Relaxing in the shade!

After all was cleaned up, put away – and we had grabbed some dinner at the end of a long day, I was driven to the airport to pick up my rental car for today’s journey to Concord, the home of C & T publishing.  The car wasn’t ready!  Not a problem….it was hot as blue blazes in the building, but there was a grassy area with shade just across the parking lot.  I made a beeline for it, plopped my workshop quilt on the grass and commenced to decompress and enjoy the time I was gifted while temps began to drop in the early evening light.

I love that about California.  It was 98 here yesterday, and I sat down around 7pm for an hour’s wait ---temps were perfect within the hour, dropping to 60 degrees overnight.  I miss that.  Hot during the day, but after dinner you probably need a sweater.  Thank you for the reminder, California!

20150617_203909

I’ve got a GREY SHAMU!!

I wanted a 4 door standard size car – or that is what I had reserved, but they were still out, so offered me an upgrade of a minivan!  It’s a Toyota Sienna just like mine at home….so I’m good to go and don’t have to learn a new vehicle.  BONUS.  You can see sunset happening here around 8:30pm.  Beautiful evening.

So this morning – packing up the grey whale and headed to Concord.  I haven’t been there in forever and don’t remember anything about it.  My brother Mark was born there.  I lived there between the ages of 2 and 5.

This trip is touching many places in my heart this week.

I’ll be headed home to North Carolina on a red eye flight tonight ---


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

1 comment:

  1. You always look on the Sunny Side! No Hexie time? Glad you get to visit C&T today. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)