>>>>

Saturday, June 15, 2013

From Belfast to Dublin to Jamaica…NEW YORK!

Our first night in Belfast we witnessed this amazing rainbow from the top floor of our hotel where we had met for dinner.

Ireland = Magic!

There is no other way to describe it.

My flight to New York today was pretty dang well uneventful, just the way I like it – except for the 4 kids turned loose in the aisles, all under 7 years of age – where were the parents?

The kids ran around disturbing passengers without supervision.  I’m not hard-hearted – I understand kids can get rambunctious on long flights, but there were several people trying to sleep, me included – WHERE WERE THE PARENTS?!  This was only “cute” for about 5 minutes.  It lasted hours. *sigh*  I'm sure my exhausted state made it a bit more annoying than it was.

Upon landing in New York, I wrestled my luggage to the Federal Circle shuttle stop, boarded a shuttle for my hotel, checked in, and fell into bed for a 4 hour nap.  This is the non-glamorous side of international travel!  Body clock is completely upside down since we met in the lobby in Dublin to load our luggage onto the bus at 4am Dublin time.

What day is it?  What time is it?

I woke at nearly 7pm – still light outside, vaguely recognizing that it is midnight in Ireland at that moment.  Amazingly I am HUNGRY! How can that be?

Throw on the tennies, grab the phone and the ear buds and go explore.  Jamaica New York is NOT Dublin.  It is not Belfast.  It is not any of the numbers of Irish cities I have combed in the past 12 days –it’s a bit scary –but still light out, and I was told by my shuttle driver that this is a fairly safe avenue and there are places to eat ahead.

I found a place called Jamaican Flavors – and they are grilling chicken – OUTSIDE!  I was beckoned by the delicious aroma and found myself with the best Jamaican Jerk Chicken salad – EVER.

I am officially on Potato strike!  For at least the next little while ---This fit the bill.  I got a bit of walking time in, a fully belly, a bit of an explore – and now some relaxation in the room and early to bed as I have another 4am shuttle to get me to the airport and home via Atlanta tomorrow.  Crazy travel route --- but as long as it gets me home, that’s all I care!

I was flipping through my memories and came across a video I didn’t link to  while gone.

Join me in a little bit of pub music down at the Danny Mann in Killarney!


Ireland, you are MAGICAL!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

8 comments:

  1. Not as entertaining as Quilt Cam but nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rambler and a gambler, a long way from home...That sounds right! You're closer now. I hate unattended children, whether they're on flights, in the airport, in restaurants or stores. It is just RUDE for people not to watch over their children. Yes, they get restless, too, but there are ways to entertain them and discipline them when they need it. (Sorry, you found my biggest pet peeve! I'll get off my soapbox now.) Enjoy the rest of your trip home. I know your family will be glad to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, thanks for your lovely posts about this wonderful little country. It has been great to read them and look at things from somebody else's perspective. Glad you are home safe - well almost and again thanks for the great classes last weekend. It has been a dream come true to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent the afternoon cutting out to the Clancy Bothers and Tommy Makem, this just right for my mind set. Thanks a lot for some great entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately this happens a lot on international flights. I once got tackled by a 2 year old as I walked down the aisle! I agree. WHERE ARE THE PARENTS? Then there's the kicking on the back of your seat and the 2 quarts full. Know I'll crawl back into my hole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent rainbow!! Yes, where
    were the parents!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:39 PM EDT

    Bonnie, there are some places you just have to take special care when you are alone. Room service can serve very nice food ... safely lol.

    And those running kids? Where were the flight attendants! Bet you the parents were happily catching some zzzz's

    Welcome back to USA and home
    Smilies
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bonnie, That was grand!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)