>>>>

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Me & Mrs Goodneedle!

Howdy from Winston Salem!!

We arrived yesterday, and took Jeff to see the new house and to pick out his room ;c) He loves the house and the area and can hardly wait to move here!

It was great for me to see the house for a second time as well. The first time through we had seen so many houses that they were all blurring together in my mind. So this was a good refresher, and I could take a closer look at things.

I still like it! Cosmetics aside, It's going to be a comfy house and I found myself going room to room thinking up what I will put where, how to arrange furniture, what will fit and what won't, etc. We will probably be here within 4 to 6 weeks.

Today was the best day of all! I got to meet with Mrs Goodneedle and hit a couple of quilt shops! We also kidnapped Mrs G's well mentioned friend, Quilt Keemosabe...and drug her out to lunch with us. FUN FUN FUN!!

I was completely lost as to where any place they took me was in relation to anywhere else we had been, but I do know that we passed the place where the guild meetings are held! It's all going to come together and be just fine :c) I know this is where I am supposed to be.

Jeff and I head back home to Irmo tomorrow. He has to be back to work tomorrow afternoon, and I have work waiting for me as well. It's been a quick trip but a good one. Hopefully the next time I come up here it will be to STAY!

15 comments:

  1. Very nice meeting you today. Hope you will be very happy in WS. We are all excited to have another quilter living here amongst us!!
    Have a safe trip home and a Very Happy New Year. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Bonnie??? I knew you'd have a network before you got settled in. Congratulations and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are ready to go on your new journey. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... it was a great day for ME too! Safe travels and hurry back SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to meet you. Quiltkeemosabe gave into the shop (after lunch with you & Ms.GN.) so excited about her kniting book purchase. WS is a fun town to live in. We have LOTS of guilters. Save travels home & back to your new home in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a good trip! I've never moved so the whole process just overwhelms me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, glad to hear that things are working out well with the move. For me, just having things settled helped a lot, knowing where we were going to live and when I'd actually move was a lot easier to handle than all the indecision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's great news, esp about Jeff being excited to move there. I'm so glad there are quilters there for you. drive home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad to hear everything went well. VERY GOOD news Jeff likes it too. What fun meeting Mrs Goodneedle too and a bit of quilt shopping..
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bonnie this is a Gold Star moment!

    LeeHaven is so very very happy for all the good stuff you are sharing.

    ...and to share time with Mrs. Goodneedle. Talk about a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We can't wait to have you in WS...I bought several yards of boxer fabric the other day thinking what a cute scrappy baby quilt they would make, and it sounds like you are just the resource I need to get started! Hope the move goes well for you and your family, can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You couldn't have two better tour director's than Mrs. G and Quilt Keemosabe. They will surely get you into all kinds of quilt mischief along with the rest of us. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds a good place to move to and what a bonus having a quilt contact before you even get there - I hope it all goes smoothly and it won't be long before you're there and settled

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear that it's just as nice as you thought it was!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie -- congrats on getting the house (I'm playing catch-up with blogs here) and that your son loves it! Now that the uncertainty is over, you can enjoy some of the adventure part!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)