>>>>

Monday, February 27, 2023

A Weekend of Stitching!


That nice weather we had?

Well, it kind of went belly up (as predicted) but that was no bother - once the quilters are in, they are good to sew through whatever Mother Nature throws them!

And there was no chance of ever going hungry - there was enough food for two weeks - for a 4 night stay.  LOL! (That's not a complaint either! We quilters need our stamina for all of those late night hours of creating!)

I took this photo while I was playing hooky from my own "to do list", escaping to visit with the quilters next door and just take a load off for a while.  I love the conversations that happen and getting to know quilters just "that much" better.

Back in the Quilting Quarters - it was a veritable sweat shop of quilty prodeuctivity!


More flowers had sprouted up on the design wall!


Here is the pattern cover for those of you who want to search it out and make it for yourselves.  

I think it is absolutely adorable.


Someone's starting a mad tea party project!

Cute!


Of course, everywhere you turn there are fun and scrappy things coming together.

I love photos like this - it's Quilter's Still Life.  We see things like the reading glasses, the two pairs of scissors (is there a 3rd under that pile?) a seam ripper for just in case - 

We can all relate, can't we?


Baby quilt top from a book panel!

This is such a cute idea.  The baby's name and birth details will be added to the blank rectangles at the bottom.


I love this blue/white free form strippy project!

I've been watching it grow since Thursday!


Being as it was too wet and rainy to get any "outside" exercise - we resorted to treadling in the dining room.


Pedal to the metal, baby!


There is something so soul centering about treadle sewing -

And while all of this was going on a bargain was struck between two onlookers - one had a treadle for sale, the other was looking for one - SOLD!


Pink carnations and a kaleidoscope project.


And gaggles of big blue flying geese!


These scrappy Split 9-patch blocks are being made by everyone as the guild's opportunity quilt for the coming year.  It's going to be so gorgeous!



Embroidered dancers for a precious little girl.

I'm sure she will love it!

I eventually did wander back off to the QPO to take care of things that were at the top of my to-do list.

But there was also enough time to play with the next color up in my "seams like forever" current project:


I love square in a square units!

Especially when the corners are scrappy.

Eventually you'll be seeing where these are going - I'm just happy that I was able to get this much done.

Some weekends are like that, you know?


Lola shows how interested she is in my accomplishments! LOL!

While I was driving home on Friday I happened to look at the window sticker on the van and realized that there are only a couple of days left for me to get the vehicle inspection done. (!!!) So that is what is on my to-do list this morning.

There are a couple of other errands to run while I am out and about doing that - and then I'll be back at the QPO for more "getter done" stuff.

Perhaps there will be more time to work on this current project? I hope so!

And it's also time to draw for our two  winners for the  Butterfly Kisses PDF pattern AND a gorgeous True Colors fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!


We had 4838 entries!!

Congrats to entries 2645 and 2515 - Susan Franke and Susan Rinehart!

Ladies, please check your email inboxes (and spam folders if need be) for your notification emails containing your pattern attachment.

Please reply to those emails with your mailing address and the folks at Cotton to Quilts will get your fabric prizes right out to you!

Time is running out!

 I've placed Butterfly Kisses at 25% off in both the the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop through TOMORROW 2/28/23.

And of course Chilhowie is also 25% off through TOMORROW 2/28/23 in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop.

Is it just me, or did February just fly by in a blink?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

This explains everything!
Embrace your own kind of crazy!
Vintage basket quilt found in North Carolina.


 

6 comments:

  1. Seems like I didn't even get a chance to blink. Time is flying at major warp speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the 2 Susan's! Happy Monday. We had enough Sunshine to melt most of the snow away. More is predicted. Faux Spring is over. Darn Groundhog! Quilting Design walls are sew fun. My day to Quilt on my Entries for March. Monday Goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine has grown into a bonfire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:51 PM EST

    I really like those little white squares in the blue strippy quilt. They MAKE the quilt! Dot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:54 PM EST

    And looking closer, those white squares are her labels! She need to applique on some squares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I'm a relatively new reader of your blog. What does QPO stand for? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)