>>>>

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Bindings & Birthdays!


Doesn't it feel so great to finish a project?

My Wonky Log cabin quilt made from "mostly" strings from recycled shirts was supposed to be a fairly quick self-indulgent escapade into making something for myself - just because.

It had no deadline - no reason for making it other than "I want to."  (Sometimes we need that! Believe me!)

The top came together quickly - and then we went through the whole debacle of the blown circuit board on the APQS Millennium and the subsequent stress of waiting for a new board to arrive, hoping that was the only issue - and getting everything put back together.

ALL of that unstitching of the row that went wonky when the board blew and the machine went haywire!

And then the big decision of 2022 - deciding to replace my old CompuQuilter with IntelliQuilter.

This finish took much longer than I thought it would!


I've been on a kick of no borders lately.  This one, the quilt of many triangles, and my Triple Treat Leader & Ender (top finished yesterday - more photos to come!) didn't need borders.  

Just a strong binding finish at the edge.


Brown print stripe for the win!

I'm so happy to finally have this one done.  It's the perfect "back of the couch" size for evening snuggles - if there is ever a time when I don't have other binding or hand quilting in my hoop in my lap.

As we all know - that's not often.

But my plan is to let this one linger a while.  I just love it.


Last night we headed down to Jonesville, NC (About an hour away) for a triple birthday dinner out.

My birthday is the 23rd, son Jeff's is the 25th, and Ashlyn's grandpa Richard - AKA Poppy - has his on the 29th.

I love that our super fun servers came out and made the two birthday guys wear the sombreros while they sang - complete with squeeze box!


And this was priceless - the whipped cream "pie in the face!"

Someone please tell me how my baby man-child is now 33? (Or will be next week while I'm in AZ.)


Of course, this sweet young man had to see if Poppy's sombrero could fit a 6 year old.

Adorable.  Casden has stolen my heart!

Feliz cumpleaƱos!


Thank you so MUCH for your positive comments regarding my newest PDF pattern Unchained.

The response has been WONDERFUL and that makes me so happy that you can't wait to dive in and make it, too.

Did you enter to win on Yesterday's Post? I'll be drawing for 2 winners to each receive an Unchained PDF pattern from me.


Our 2 winners will also receive a Roy G. Biv Color Roll from Cotton to Quilts!

If you don't know what Roy G. Biv means (And I had to ask too!) It's an acronym for the order of the colors in the rainbow. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet!

This roll is the perfect color enhancement to round out your fabric stash.

Introductory Special Pricing:

I have placed the PDF pattern for Unchained at 25% off in both the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop. No coupon needed!  Price discount good through 1/31/23.

Optional but helpful: I used the Simple Folded Corners or Simple Folded Corners Mini for the stitch & flip corners in Unchained.

And to sweeten the creativity:


I've cut the price on Winter Blues and Forever Mine 25% as well! NO COUPON!

But hurry - Winter blues is 25% off through 1/31/23.  Forever Mine pricing good through 2/14/23.

If purchasing through the Quiltville Store, check the "Featured items" at the bottom of the store front page.  Unchained, Winter Blues and Forever Mine are in that section for easy access.

If looking at the Quiltville Etsy Pattern Shop Winter Blues is a bit further down the shop page. Forever Mine and Unchained should be right there at the top since they are new listings for me in that shop.

So what's up for today?

It's raining.  It started about 5am.  It's supposed to rain all day - reaching a high of 51 this afternoon.

I am not complaining.  I'll take this over a winter ice storm any day.

It's a good day to stay inside and quilt, right?

How about you? What's in store in your world?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I often think of alone time as time to recharge my batteries. We all need it.
Some of our best ideas come to the surface when we have time to quietly listen.
Being alone doesn't make one lonely. It gives us distance from the voices of the world so we can hear our own.
Have a great Tuesday, everyone!



 

13 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday Bonnie. You are one of the most kind and industrious people I know . Enjoy your trip to AZ. Today I'm continuing to use all my pastel flannel scraps to make tops for self binding receiving blankets for our church. I had to order more yards of flannel for the backs, but the bin will be empty. One bin down and a bazillion to go LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very happy birthday! What a nice celebration you had with your family birthdays! I absolutely love the quilting on your Wonky Log Cabin! The circular pattern is a perfect compliment to the straight lines of the log cabins! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest son turns 40 this year. My dad used to say that he wasn't old enough to have a daughter my age. (Which was close to the truth since he was a very young father - just 16.) The best I can do is say that I don't feel old enough to have sons in their 40s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO....I LOVE the log cabin! It's absolutely gorgeous! And I also love a good quilt without borders. Happy birthday everyone! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please have a wonderful birthday.... hopefully you will do whatever your heart desires... hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Sombrero pictures for me. Caden is a Cutie. Thanks for sharing.i love my Costa Vida. I had to get Taco Time for the Crustos after Quilting Guild. Glad you got the finish before your trip. Arizon sounds good to me right now. Enjoy your time with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Bonnie! Love the Wonky Log Cabin quilt. Would you please share the name of the quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you get to come to AZ to visit your dad again. I attended your Idaho Square Dance class last time you were here. You and my soon-to-be-94 year old dad (who is, very fortunately, still sharp as a tack) share the 23rd as your day. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to all. I know I won't remember on your actual
    BD. My daughter turns 50 in May. That really makes me feel old. Have a great visit to AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what I need to do is TAXES or least pay the IRS some $$.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always celebrated grandson and 2 grandfathers on the closest weekend, a warm memory of the past as the grandson is now in his 50's, very special to be able to celebrate in person, never had sombreros though. Thanks for sharing your days with us

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be nice to have some rain and cooler weather…it is winter after all. We’ve been pushing 80 this week in central Texas. The weather is just crazy!
    I love alone time! I walk around the house talking to myself all the time. Amazing what issues you can work out verbalizing them out loud to yourself…šŸ˜µ‍šŸ’«šŸ˜µ‍šŸ’«šŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Wonky Log Cabin makes me want to curl up with a good book and a cup of something hot. So cozy! Looks like a fun birthday dinner out.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)