>>>>

Thursday, January 17, 2019

January '19 Quilty Box Gift-Away!


This arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon -
in the nick of time!

I wasn’t sure it was going to make it before I left for Japan – and with me being gone for 3 weeks I didn’t know how I was going to get this Gift-Away out to you, but once again – Quilters Karma provides!

As does the USPS.  Thank you, postal people!

This is a Quilty Box that you will definitely want showing up on your doorstep as well.  It’s full of Tie One On fat-quarters designed by my friend Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios for Banyan Batiks!  EIGHT FAT-QUARTERS!

I am nearly giddy (No, wait – there has to be a better word, I used giddy just YESTERDAY)


Pick one, just any one -

Wait, these don’t mean what I thought that GIDDY meant.


That’s IT!  Scroll to ‘S’ -

I am nearly SLAPHAPPY to have these fabrics in my hot little hands – I’ve already been using the scraps that Scott sent me in this year’s Jewel Box Stars Leader & Ender challenge quilt – and I was OUT.  


Now I can mix more in.  I just love them to bits.


Delicious!

You can read more about the story behind Scott’s Tie One On fabric collection HERE.

The designs are inspired by 1950s men’s ties – they have a wonderful abstract yet still geometric feel.  They are also great blenders when mixed with other fabrics and prints. One click to his post and you will see all of the available colors this line embraces.  


Yummy, I tell you!  

(Do I dare pull out the thesaurus to find a better synonym or can we just leave it at that?!)



This month’s Quilty Box not only contains the 8 Fat-quarter bundle of Tie One On, but also a Simple Folded Corners Mini by Doug Leko, a spool of Aurifil thread and a handy thread cutter ring – not to mention the Bundles of Inspiration Magazine containing not only one, but TWO patterns for putting your Tie One On Fabric to perfect use.

Confession time – that thread cutter ring is ALREADY in my busy bag ready for a flight to Japan!


Scott’s lovely iForest quilt -

Trees made with Tie One On Fabric – using the Simple Folded Corners ruler in the making!

Along with the full-sized Quilty Box, I will be drawing for a winner of the Quilty Box Mini -


The mini includes:

A charm pack of 42 squares -

I love how Banyan calls them “Chips” Because no one can eat just one!

A spool of Aurifil thread to match -

And the Bundles of Inspiration Magazine with the two patterns, articles and more.  The Confetti Throw Quilt is PERFECT for getting into those Tie One On Chips and loving every minute of it.

Are you ready to throw your name in the hat?


So here's the thing. My schedule in Japan is nuts, I will have crossed the international dateline, so while it’s Thursday here, it’s Friday there and I don’t know where I’ll be or when I’ll get a chance to draw winners.


This is what we are doing!  Entries will close at 5pm Eastern on January 22nd HERE, which in Japan time will be some umpteen hours later the NEXT DAY – MY BIRTHDAY!

I am doing this drawing of two winners on my birthday in hopes I will remember to find the time to draw.   LOL.  And if I don’t, those entries aren’t going anywhere – the Quilty Boxes aren’t going anywhere and we will draw when we can.  But this way we have a better shot at it.

And before I forget:

Did you know we also have a Quiltmaker Bundle up for grabs over on THAT POST? Drawing to happen tomorrow morning from LAX before our flight heads out to Japan.

And so you don't forget:

What is a Quilty Box?

Here are some highlights to keep in mind:
  • Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
  • 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need (love this so much!)
  • Each month we have 4 or more products (fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
  • Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
  • We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
Your support is appreciated. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me.
Get Quilty!
Patrick Claytor, CEO
Quilty Box
Subscribe today at
Quiltybox.com



Quiltville Quote of the Day.

Abundant gratitude for the trip before me, the experiences that are waiting and the friendships waiting to be built, strengthened and remembered!

I’ll catch you when I can catch you --



19 comments:

  1. What beautiful fabrics wouldso love to p,at with them.
    Hope you have a fantastic trip to Japan and enjoy the quilt show.
    Safe journeys
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Wonderful Early Birthday! and many more blessed days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels and happy birthday 🎊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderfully safe trip. Enjoy your time. Treasure the memories. And have an awesome birthday to remember a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous fabrics! Would make a great anniversary gift for me.

    Have a fantastical, superb, memorable trip. Safe travels and may God watch over you and all the quilters on this excursion. Looking forward to seeing your posts of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to get picked for the Quilty Box especially because my birthday is the same as yours only I'm a few years older but who's counting. Have a wonderful trip to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous trip...and be gobsmacked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy early birthday! Safe travels and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Bonnie for a fantastic blog and so much inspiration. I have been following you for years. Just wondering if your give-aways are open to international readers? Nicole from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'll be watching for pictures you post as you can to live vicariously through you this trip. I will take the time to work on my Good Fortune Mystery. I need to show it at Guild on Monday. Be safe! Happy, Happy Birthday! Mine was earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These drawings are so much fun! So, I am throwing my name in the proverbial quilting hat. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have an awesome trip and Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Safe and fun travels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy birthday! And safe travels... hope you can enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely fabric. Safe travels and Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your trip to japan ,great place to celebrate your birthday and also l love your blog l have learned lots from your site

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, Japan sounds amazing.....enjoy and happy early birthday wishes to you \o/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where do u find the url?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)