>>>>

Monday, March 06, 2006

SPRING!


This is what spring looks like in March in South Carolina! The lawns are still hibernating, but the trees are bursting out in popcorn all over! It is so pretty when you drive through town, even the busy business streets, the trees are all covered in white.

Next as the trees begin to get their leaves, the dogwoods will bloom, and the wysteria will cover everything and just drip with clusters of purple everywhere. I love seeing this through the pinetrees. By summer you can't see the forest for the trees around here...houses will be hidden as soon as the leafy trees get all their leaves back. I always wanted to live in a place that was deep in the woods hidden from view :c)

This tree is in my neighbors yard..I hope you can see in the center of the tree amidst the blossoms...there is a nest! I don't know if it is in use or not, but it is such an exciting prospect, don't you think?

I went to walk this morning with the dog, and got maybe 1/3 of a mile down the road and it decided to rain on us, so we ran home. Bummer. I really wanted to spend some time outdoors today. Maybe this afternoon before it gets dark, it will be done with all it's drippiness and we can pound the pavement for a few miles. I like to walk my neighborhood, if I go in and out all the culdesacs, down and around and back in a loop, it is about 3 1/2 miles. Lots of hills too! Right outside my front door!

I went saturday to the quilt show in Charleston. I had read on Siobhan's blog that even SHE was going, and I decided that phooey....Dave could keep jeff grounded, that I needed to go! I got there right about lunch time and met up with the group and went to lunch at this fun middle eastern cafe called Saffron. YUMMY! They also have a bakery with the most delicious desserts you have ever seen. I didn't indulge in dessert, but I did bring home a loaf of walnut, peach, ginger bread. OH MY! I have been having that for toast in the mornings....it is unbelieveably good!

The pic is of a Lori Smith patterened quilt....someone took all the mini quilt tops and stitched them together into one quilt, and quilted it as one quilt...it was so fun to look at!

Bonnie

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE that quilt! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you at the show! I played with my photos this morning and will start posting some today! I'm so tempted to make some of these minis for the dollbeds I've collected over the past few years.

    Sio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch sounds delicious! How creative that she took the nine patterns and made them into one. I have made 3 from this set. They are fun and easy to do, plus they give me the opportunity to do some handquilting and actually finish a project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely a awesome quilt !!! everytime I need to look at it !
    and... I am jealous that it is already spring at your site of the world :c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely small quilts into big quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful sounding quilt show-love that quilt made up of minis-and love all the spring flowering trees-spring never comes soon enough does it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:22 PM EST

    Well done Lori! I had the idea of doing exactly the same thing - but the idea hasn't turned into a real quilt yet - yours looks awsome!!! Love those spring trees Bonnie - just the thing to gladden the heart and put a "spring" in your step :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I wish for more springtime weather. I told my DD today that the weather has been so depressing. Gray clouds all day.

    Thanks for the quilt eye candy!
    Kairle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring has sprung for you too !

    I love the idea of the little quilts all put together. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful blossom - I am jealous! What a beautiful quilt, I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea to take all those mini quilts and make one big quilt! Very cute idea! And what great spring pictures. It snowed and was cold here this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always amazed at what some will do with quilts. What a fun idea. Very Maverick, don't you think?! Each of those little are just adorable, aren't they!

    That loaf of bread sounds delightful!

    Great pics of your oncoming SC spring! Thanks for sharing. They only thing growing around here is the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Spring :-) Makes me want to go visit my folks, so close to you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. A promise of spring to come here soon! Our whole street was lined with Bradford pears when we moved in - probably over a hundred of them. But then we had that huge ice storm a few years back, and crack snap pop - only about half of them are left. I hope they will bloom prettily this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wish it looked so nice here. we have had a mild winter here in maine, but it will be at least a months before we even have buds. :c/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I put the photo of you with the 50 b-day quilt on my blog. Thanks for posting the many-min...somehow I got distracted by the Amish mini quilted witht the machine embroidery program and stopped taking pictures!
    Sio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonnie......... PLEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEE send spring up north a bit so I can enjoy it!! Oh wow....I am just dying to see something blooming!! :o/

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)