>>>>

Monday, October 16, 2017

I’m Home! And a Bit of NY Show & Share!

bootyruler
Boy do I have a treat for you today!

There was so much wonderful showing and sharing happening with both guilds that I’ve visited in the past week.

But before I do – I need to make a little announcement, so bear with me.

For all of those who placed orders for the Triangle Booty ruler this week -

I was intending to ship all of these BEFORE leaving for China on Thursday, but they won’t be here in time due to a manufacturing delay. It happens.

They will likely arrive the day I leave – Thursday!  So I am putting this out there to let you know what the hold up on the order is.  I am sorry, but it is beyond my control and I will get your orders out as quickly as possible upon my return home.

You WILL however receive an email that your order is “PROCESSING” which simply means I have batch printed the invoices so that I can send the orders that do NOT include that ruler, setting your invoice and label aside for quick processing when they are in house and I am back from China.

I will be posting this info to ALL of my social media hoping to reach the masses as quickly as possible so they have a heads-up.  Thank you.

Now back to the quilty good stuff!

20171012_105959

All of the glorious show & share from my trip to New York!

20171012_115928

Huge crowds and loads of show & share happened!

20171013_212002

Not only at the lectures, but at the workshops as well!

There were so many mystery quilt finishes – they filled the room with happiness all around!  Excitement is building for this year’s upcoming mystery.  Colors and yardage info and more will be posted HERE on the blog when I return home from China.

20171014_213818-001

Check out Norma’s Vintage pieced hexagon quilt!

20171014_125237

We ALL fell in love with this!

It has fabrics from the 1930s through the 1950s!

20171014_125332

The backing was FACED as binding!

The front and back border/binding where actually diamonds pieced and stitched and finish the edge on both sides.  And here we think of this as a “MODERN” way to finish hexagon quilts, but this shows it was done in the 1950s at least.  There is NOTHING new under the sun, and if you think you’ve come up with something new, someone else probably did too – many years ago.

20171011_212626

I was SO excited to see some Punkin’ Patch finishes from the Sept/Oct 2017 Quiltmaker issue!

20171011_125333

Aren’t these WONDERFUL!??

There is so much more to share and you’ll find it all for your viewing pleasure by clicking the video screen:


It was a wonderful week spent quilting with the best that New York has to offer!

Remember, if you can't view the video, it is likely that you are in Internet Explorer. Please try another browser or visit my YouTube channel directly by clicking the YouTube icon beneath my signature line at the bottom of this page.  My email, Facebook, instagram and other sites are linked in each circle found there as well!

Yesterday was my travel home day – and I was so exhausted that I could barely make it through dinner – I was in bed sound asleep by 9pm.

Today I start ramping up for China in earnest!  I leave THURSDAY!?  Oh, my word.

I’m going to sign up for a VPN before I leave in hopes that will keep me connected.  If connectivity doesn't work, just know that we will catch up when I get back!

10_16_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Smith Mountain Morning quilt from my book Scraps & Shirttails II.

It is not up to anyone or everyone else to create your happy environment. That comes only from within you.

Have a great Monday, everyone!


7 comments:

  1. I so hope that you are able to stay connected while on your China journey. One of the highlights of my morning are reading your exciting, interesting post. Have a safe and wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great Chinese adventure, looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an absolutely wonderful adventure, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, the En Provence in the muted green sings to my ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang it all to heck! And I really wanted to see your bag contents. A day late and probably a dollar short too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels to yo u, Bonnie and all the people on the China trip. May your days be filled with great adventures. Look forward to reading and seeing where the days take you. And if it's after your return, so be it. We can wait a little while, just concentrate on you and your quilters while in China. Don't stress over a slow or non existent internet connection. Love you and all you do for us quilters. Looking forward to this year's mystery. Hopefully l will be able to get going on it without life interrupting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up on the orders! Hope you have a ton of fun in China! Safe travels from WA.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)