While I’m flying home from Vegas back to good old Winston Salem, NC, I thought I’d leave you with one of my favorite recipes….for the holidays or any time. Let’s face it, some of us who are on the go all the time, don’t even have time or the desire to roll out sugar cookies and decorate them. It was fun when the kids were little, but I’m so busy I need something I can dump in a bowl, stir, and dump in a pan and bake! And it needs to have easily readily available ingredients. ((No -- sorry, I’m not in the mood to grate or pulverize crystalized ginger for anything at this point in my life!))
However, these smell so good while baking, everyone will forgive you for being a slothful holiday party pooper in the kitchen!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
Ingredients for a 13x9 inch pan
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, and add to the brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18-20 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
The key is to not over bake them….slightly gooey is best! And of course, real butter is a MUST! Feel free to stick some walnuts in there as well….even better!