>>>>

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Night, Live!!


((From Des Moines!))

An email in my in-box asked in a panicked tone if everything was all right with me since I hadn’t posted since Thursday night, the night of my arrival in Storm Lake for the Quilters Gathering with the Iowa Quilters Guild.

WHAT a whirlwind. I don’t want you to think I’ve forgotten you all, I haven’t. And it isn’t that I didn’t want to post…I posted Thursday morning before I left North Carolina, I posted Thursday night,upon my arrival in Storm Lake, thinking that post would suffice as a Friday morning post since it came around midnight Iowa time, which was technically about 1am NORTH CAROLINA time….so really it was….a FRIDAY POST, right? ;c)

It’s been NON STOP here. NON STOP QUILTERS going full speed ahead, running on all cylinders.

My Friday went like this: Up at 5:45 am so that I could go walk the lake with Amy and her mom, Kathy. ((Which is funny, because there were about 14 Kathy’s in attendance this weekend and I kept getting them confused ))

iowa2011 024

Isn’t this morning view beautiful? We could only go for an hour because breakfast started at 7:30am. There are beautiful parks along the lake shore, and I loved the little statue gathering at the top pic of the blog today. Isn’t that pretty?

iowa2011 029

I love lakes….Being a Minnesota girl put lakes in my blood I guess. And this lake was just so peaceful and serene.

A quick shower ((OOPS! no hair dryer!)) and a quicker breakfast set us on our way to our class rooms across the campus. We were full both days of classes…and a greart time was had by all.

I have pics of the class projects, but those are going to have to wait to be edited a bit.

Friday went like this:

I went from a class that got out at 4pm straight to setting up for my lecture/trunkshow in another building between 4 pm and 5pm so that I could make it to dinner at 5:30 pm so we could be there at 7pm to greet those who were filling the lecture hall who were already sitting outside the locked doors waiting for their seats when I got there. The lecture and show and tell started at 7:30pm.

By the time show and tell was over ((FABULOUS QUILTS! WOW!!!)) and I gave my trunk show, and finished with a book signing…..it was 10:30pm as we were packing up and heading back to the dorms!

Of course, we couldn’t go RIGHT to bed, there was a birthday party going on across the hall! So what’s a girl to do but join in? :c)

It was midnight by the time I got back to my room and I tried to upload a blog post but couldn’t get an internet connection in my dorm with the wireless air card, nor would it work this morning.

Not that I had time to DO it this morning!! I was supposed to meet Amy and Kathy back at the door to walk this morning as well at 6am, but I didn’t wake up til 6:30 --- I missed my alarm, my phone was still on silent from the night before..LOL. It’s okay. I needed the extra 45 minutes of sleep?

Today was a repeat….Breakfast, workshop, lunch ((And a trip to the quilt shop)) back to the workshop, pack up to leave by 4pm and drive 3 hours back to Des Moines…..

I’m POOPED. Seriously. I’m staying the night with a Guild member in Des Moines, and I’m writing this quickly just to let you know I’m okay ((Thank you for your concern, really!)) and I’m going to bed!

My flight heads home tomorrow afternoon, so I might find time to write another post before I go……so technically…if I wrote friday’s post thursday night, and it’s still saturday as I write and post this…I reallly DIDN’T miss a day, did I?? Why does it feel like I still did!!

Night night All!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're okay Bonnie. Funny how we get so used to your 'almost' daily posts that when you miss a day we panic. I admit I kept refreshing my computer screen and wondered what the heck was wrong with my computer! And the final refresh showed the new post with your funny explanation.

    You certainly are one productive girl! How I wish you were closer so I could attend a workshop with you. But alas, I heard you don't come to Canada so I'll just put out my pouty lip and live vicariously through the blog.

    But seriously...I so enjoy catching up on your happenings and following your blog.

    Warm regards, Mavis in Victoria, BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having good weather and a fun time quilting. Sounds like a great group of Quilters to hang out with.
    Best wishes for easy and safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! I knew you were fine and busy. I read the blog of one of your attendees this weekend and she had nothing but praise for you classes and trunk show. I'm sure it makes you feel loved though to get those kinds of e-mails from your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that you found time for a post! Glad you're having fun and enjoying the scenery. Safe travels back home.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you should have stopped by and given Jenna a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was ready for a nap by the time I finished reading this post--and I was only reading it, not doing any of it. Beautiful scenery. Can't wait to see the pics of the classwork! Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:24 AM EDT

    Bonnie:
    You seriously have more energy than anyone I know. I wanted to take a nap after reading about your busy,busy weekend. I was also checking and rechecking your blog yesterday...I really look forward to hearing about what you're up to in the quilt world. You truly inspire me to get quilting!
    Have a safe trip!

    Terri in St. Louis
    tgeesey@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. whew....I'm tired now!
    Safe travels and Happy Sewing...
    sounds like you are having a ball as usual :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heavens...I need a nap, too!! You seem to accomplish so much EVERY single day... it's amazing. I love reading of your adventures - love your attitudes and viewpoints and hope to grow up to be like Bonnie...sometime. For now - heading to the deck, drink, quilt book and snacks in hand...gonna enjoy the birds, flowers and oaks - and be super happy I am NOT getting up at 5am to go jogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)