>>>>

Saturday, July 16, 2005


The flooring project downstairs has expanded into the familyroom! It's looking great, but there is no place to sit, all the furniture is crammed into the other living room, and the construction noise is pretty horrific so I am retreating to my quilting room! A Few weeks earlier I posted a pic of 1/2 log cabin quilt top that I had finished. I decided it would be a good candidate for quilting with an all over feathered frenzy. I've quilted whirly-gig feathers in the dark pinwheel areas, and butterfly shaped feathers in the lights. So far so good..lots of texture! I still am not happy with this quilt and how all the logs don't line up with eachother. I need to let that go and be more liberated, but that said...when it comes to log cabins, I think I'll stick with the purposely wonky ones, or regular ones where the logs go all the way around the center. 1/2 log cabins may be easy to construct, but they are not easy when it comes putting them together right! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)